Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,578 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Implication Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Members. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Implication Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Members. (714 Views)

PHOTO: Pres. Buhari Appoints Head of Amnesty Programme For Ex militants / Ijaw Youths Criticize Buhari’s Comment On Termination Of Amnesty / Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implication Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Members. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
The recent change of heart from the presidency on the issue of amnesty for Boko Haram is troubling.
What is your take if they are given amnesty?
Re: Implication Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Members. by nabiz(m): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
THE IMPLICATION IS THAT TERORISM IS BEEN LEGALIZED IN NIGERIA. LET ME USE THIS OPPORTUNITY REMIND THOSE THAT ARE ASKING OUR PRESIDENT TO GRANT AMNESTY TO TERORIST GROUP THAT history has had them and has recorded the voice. NORTHERN LEADERS AND APC OR ACN LEADER HAS because of their political interest ask nd force OUR RESIDENT TO GRANT AMNESTY TO TERORIST GROUP. I AM A LIVING WITNESS BECAUSE HISTORY MUST ALWAYS REMIND THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE THE PAST. AM SAYING THIS SO THAT THE UNBORN, YET TO GROW AND THE FUTURE WILL BLEME THE PRESIDENT. GIVEN AMNESTY TO A TERORIST GROUP IS TO ME A TIME BOMB AND IT WILL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD WHICH I DONT PRAY FOR. GOD BLESS NIGIERA. Future will tell
Re: Implication Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Members. by PointB: 11:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
It simply means there is yet hope for MEND who are presently threathning fire and brimstone; and anytime MASSOB decides to shed their toga of none violence to adopt a more militaristic posture, it is incumbent for the president to grant amnesty and other things that goes with it.

A strange new world is about to dawn, let terror reign supreme!
Re: Implication Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Members. by kaybills(m): 7:05am On Apr 05, 2013
Well GEJ has to be sure that the attacks will stop after granting them amnesty,cos those insurgents are sociopaths and psychopaths
Re: Implication Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Members. by nuclearboy(m): 7:07am On Apr 05, 2013
^^ why don't you use your brains at least this time- this is a brilliant move if well executed

1. Religious fanatics will NOT accept! Or can you imagine Shekau saying "give me money and I'll forget jihad"?
2. The President has shut the mouth of all those saying he should offer amnesty and that it is because of that, that the north is being decimated! MEND were offered and got it - these will be offered but WON'T get it yet they NOW become not only enemy to govt but also the people since they are the ones choosing violence!
3. All military gloves can come off now because anyone refusing offered amnesty is definitely an animal and deserves all the violence the government can throw at them! And any tears by the people is now definitely boko haram's fault, not govt that offered and not JTF fighting against murderers who refuse amnesty!

The only problem will come from the last as now, nobody will be able to say the JTF is being heavy-handed thus they actually can NOW become heavy-handed yet come away looking right! I pray this doesn't mean more innocent people will die!

A tactical mind has offered this way out and its laudable people who care about Nigerians lives support such steps (read that as traps)

But then, most of Jonathan's supporters wish for disintegration, so I'm not surprised to see his "supporters" spewing rubbish here
Re: Implication Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Members. by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 05, 2013
Negotiating with terrorists is never a good thing, it gives them confidence & makes the nation's government look weak. Other deadly sects who needs something or want to be heard will also employ the act of terrorism just to be heard also.
Re: Implication Of Amnesty For Boko Haram Members. by Biggyd2: 7:30am On Apr 05, 2013
If he is serious about this, he should also be ready to grant amnesty to all those people in prison serving 10, 20years in prison(many of them, for crimes that they know nothing about).

He should also ask the BH(ghosts) if they are ready to join the democracy that they are against. Are they going to be comfortable with other Nigerians who have refused to convert to Islam? And since they are against education, will the rest of the populace who are interested in education be allowed to continue with same?

And if this amnesty is granted, wouldn't this government be telling other miscreants that if they want to be heard, they should carry arms and start killing people indiscriminately (it will only take time but this government will grant their wishes?

I hope that terrorists are not holding this government by the jugular. Waiting for them to come out and deny this.

(1) (Reply)

Black Man Rapes Old Woman in China / Nigeria's Boko Haram Rejects Jonathan's Amnesty Idea / Homosexuals In Nigeria Angry With Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.