Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos (883 Views)

APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. / Road Blocks At Iseri - Jakande Isolo Lagos. / 71 Year Old Prof Olofin Jumped Over FenceTo Escape BUK Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos by LordNaya: 7:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
It was Armageddon yesterday night at the Hausa settlement, Iseri Olofin area of the long bridge linking Lagos and Ogun states, as a raging inferno consumed no fewer than 50 shanties, belonging to Hausa traders. The inferno, which eyewitnesses said started at about 8:00p.m, was said to have been caused by an exploded cooking stove.

In a bid to avoid an outbreak of fire, the owner of the stove was said to have flung the burning stove outside the shanty, which unfortunately fell on a generating set and caused explosion. The impact was said to be serious as the lines of shanties went up in flame simultaneously and lasted over two hours. The incident caused some traffic build-up on the six lanes expressway.

An eyewitness, Mrs. Adebusola Adekoya, who lives around the area said she saw the billowing smoke and ‘big fire’ from Berger Bus-Stop on her way from the church. “It was a serious incident. I had to call the emergency line, but I was told that they already knew about the incident and were on their way to the scene,” Adekoya said. It was not certain, as at the time of filing this report, whether any life was lost during the inferno.
Email Share

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/fire-consumes-iseriolofin-hausa-settlement/#!prettyPhoto
Re: Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
una sure na cooking stove? abi dem wan test bomb? boko boys on my mind. ......
Re: Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos by mike404(m): 10:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
Omo na my area be that o, make dem sha no come magodo shocked
Re: Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos by seanet01: 4:38am On Apr 05, 2013
Our Ancestors have started working.
God bless my ancestors.
Re: Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos by Yeske2(m): 6:00am On Apr 05, 2013
seanet01: Our Ancestors have started working.
God bless my ancestors.
Lols.
Re: Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos by ochukoccna: 7:06am On Apr 05, 2013
Another way of depopulating potential BH bombers from Lagos and environs
Re: Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 05, 2013
Maybe it's a ploy to destabilize some potential assailants.
Re: Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 05, 2013
seanet01: Our Ancestors have started working.
God bless my ancestors.
cheesy cheesy cheesy One better hot slap for you abeg.
Re: Fire Consumes Iseri/olofin Hausa Settlement In Lagos by RichDad1(m): 9:23am On Apr 05, 2013
Good rid***ce to bad bulls**t smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Major Cause Of The Wukari Crises: An Insider Story / delta state goes west By Musiwa / Why Did Ngozi Iweala temporary Relocate To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.