Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Boko Haram: Jonathan, Security Chiefs In A Crucial Meeting ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Jonathan, Security Chiefs In A Crucial Meeting ! (433 Views)

Ministerial List: Buhari, Obasanjo Hold Crucial Meeting At UN Plaza / REVEALED: How Jonathan’s Security Chiefs Bungled War Against Boko Haram / Buhari And Service Chiefs In Crucial Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Jonathan, Security Chiefs In A Crucial Meeting ! by wales(m): 12:45am On Apr 05, 2013
Sequel to a meeting with the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) Wednesday night, in which he intimated them that he will convene a crucial security meeting the following day, President Goodluck Jonathan Thursday consulted the National Security Council (NSC) on the proliferation of terrorism arising from the belligerence of the dreaded Islamic sect- Jama’atul Ahlus Sunnah Lidda’awati wal Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram, seeking ways on whether or not to grant amnesty to the group.

NEF chieftain, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, had told State House correspondents at the close of the group’s meeting with the president that he (Jonathan) is contemplating options open to him, stressing that: “I’m sure something substantial will come out of that meeting.”

But the NSC wound-off Thursday without any statement or briefing by the service chiefs, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Muhammad Dikko Abubakar and the National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki.

Link: http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-jonathan-security-chiefs-in-a-crucial-meeting/

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan, Security Chiefs In A Crucial Meeting ! by wales(m): 7:35am On Apr 05, 2013
I thought I once read a line like ''.......I can't grant amnesty to faceless terrorists.....'' This dude has really lost it big time. Wanna use this to gain some political points? Nigeria is surely on the verge of collapse!!!

(1) (Reply)

Labour And Civil Society Coalition Declares April 10 ‘day Of Total Showdown Agai / A Poem Written About Chinua Achebe's Death 23 Years Before He Died! / 5 Injured As Soldiers, Civilians Clash Over Missing Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.