Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging (2951 Views)

Husband Beats Pregnant wife for flogging his Dog...! / How Much Can Mother's Love For Her Child Be Compared? (pic) / Should A Primary Child Be In A Boarding School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by cdamsel(f): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
I don't wanna be 1 of those mom's who flog their kids & give them scars in the name of training them,neither do I wanna spoil my kids that they won't have "sense" anymore.
How else can one punish a child if not by flogging?

Take into consideration also dat the western ways is quite diff from the nigerian system.so pls don't give answers like ground them or give them time out's Biko!!!!!! grin
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
achina boy: am in the west too but never mind,i flogg like hell,kneelling down with ur two hands up in the air,etc,u got to do these things,or else ur kids will end up like the oyibos,never give them the chance to even think that it`s not allowed to touch them,just bumper to bumper and leave the rest to God

God kę? When you already finish his work sam sam.... my only prayer goes; Achina Boy, God will catch you oh and your day of reckoning under that flashing light is very near.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by baby124: 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
jidegirl12:

God kę? When you already finish his work sam sam.... my only prayer goes; Achina Boy, God will catch you oh and your day of reckoning under that flashing light is very near.

ROTFLMAO

Why is his post hidden though?
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
baby_123:

ROTFLMAO

NL oga at the Top just passed by, maybe it's his hand work grin. Fvckers!
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by cdamsel(f): 3:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
baby_123:

ROTFLMAO

my tots 2,tmama pls close 1 of my thread,I uploaded twice
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by baby124: 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
jidegirl12:

NL oga at the Top just passed by, maybe it's his hand work grin

Oga at the top must be very sensitive. aka mukina abi? grin grin grin
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
baby_123:

Oga at the top must be very sensitive. aka mukina abi? grin grin grin

Seun
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by baby124: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2013
jidegirl12:

Seun

Wow, fine boy Seun. I always miss him on threads. I have a wifey for him. grin cheesy tongue
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
I thought he's married?.... And how are you so sure he's a fine boy? Got his pictures? cheesy
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by baby124: 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
Is he? I saw his pics on one of those contests in romance section. Hes quite cute for a nerd, looks a bit girly sef. Rich cute nerds grin grin grin cheesy
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by gameboy727(m): 7:00am On Apr 06, 2013
If you dont flog him what else would you do? Punish the hell out of him if he errs and he wouldnt try that again.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 06, 2013
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by cdamsel(f): 8:01am On Apr 06, 2013
chaircover: It Absolutely depends on the kid. Not all kids need flogging (I hate that word) and not all kids respond to sitting in the corner. As a parent you select what is suitable for your own kid.

Having said that I know of parents who nearly beat their kids to death and the kid is still very naughty. A lot of kids behavior can be traced back to their parents and environment, so many a time its just a waste of time beating them to stupor.
I agree wit u,thanks 4 d tip
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by maclatunji: 8:21am On Apr 06, 2013
cdamsel: I don't wanna be 1 of those mom's who flog their kids & give them scars in the name of training them,neither do I wanna spoil my kids that they won't have "sense" anymore.
How else can one punish a child if not by flogging?

Take into consideration also dat the western ways is quite diff from the nigerian system.so pls don't give answers like ground them or give them time out's Biko!!!!!! grin

Spare the rod, spoil the child. You punish for corrective purposes not out of anger. I even apply this theory to my relationships with adults. I always try to ensure that I fight based on principles I find important not because I am angry.

For example, I won't look at if a child lies. What I want to know is why he/she lied. That will determine my reaction to the misdemeanour. I may give a verbal lecture on the ills of lying or look for physical options if that is what I consider needed in my estimation.

Apart from caning, you can give different types of physical punishment. The least of which is close your eyes and raise your hands. For more hardened individuals, use the 'Okada' punishment. It breaks stubborness effectively.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by maclatunji: 8:22am On Apr 06, 2013
NL servers posted twice.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by cdamsel(f): 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
maclatunji:

Spare the rod, spoil the child. You punish for corrective purposes not out of anger. I even apply this theory to my relationships with adults. I always try to ensure that I fight based on principles I find important not because I am angry.

For example, I won't look at if a child lies. What I want to know is why he/she lied. That will determine my reaction to the misdemeanour. I may give a verbal lecture on the ills of lying or look for physical options if that is what I consider needed in my estimation.

Apart from caning, you can give different types of physical punishment. The least of which is close your eyes and raise your hands. For more hardened individuals, use the 'Okada' punishment. It breaks stubborness effectively.
I tried dat okada punishment wit my lil cuz,d next day dey were asking wen I was leaving,hahahahah.it sure broke him sha
maclatunji: NL servers posted twice.
yes it did I asked tgirl 2 close 1 bt she hasn't,mayb she didn't c it sha
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by maclatunji: 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
^Kids are highly intelligent and manipulative, they will push the boundaries as long as you let them.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
maclatunji:

Please, what is the Okada punishment?
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by maclatunji: 7:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
ileobatojo:

Please, what is the Okada punishment?

Stand on your toes not feet, now go down about 2 feet until the angle between your knees and toes is about 45 degrees. Stretch out your arms fully, then stay there. I don't care how tough you are- you will feel the pressure. Ensure the super-naughty child does not modify position to ease pressure and achieve desired effect and change in behaviour.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
maclatunji:

Stand on your toes not feet, now go down about 2 feet until the angle between your knees and toes is about 45 degrees. Stretch out your arms fully, then stay there. I don't care how tough you are- you will feel the pressure. Ensure the super-naughty child does not modify position to ease pressure and achieve desired effect and change in behaviour.

Lol. Thanks
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by cdamsel(f): 8:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
ileobatojo:

Lol. Thanks
after u pay maclatunji 4 d tip oh,lol
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by tjskii(f): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
I realy nid this tip,my one year plus kid seems to be acting up,he loves hitting peopl,playing wth electricity,most espcly turning off and on d ups,and wen I spank him,he just yells in annoyance and goes right bak to doin d same thing undecided undecided,ow else can I get thru to him that wat hez doin isn't cool,
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by maclatunji: 9:30pm On Apr 06, 2013
tjskii: I realy nid this tip,my one year plus kid seems to be acting up,he loves hitting peopl,playing wth electricity,most espcly turning off and on d ups,and wen I spank him,he just yells in annoyance and goes right bak to doin d same thing undecided undecided,ow else can I get thru to him that wat hez doin isn't cool,

You see correcting children is not a one-time event, it is a lifelong duty. What is most probably happening is that your baby understands you are a softie. Hence, your 'spanking' is not effective. Let him know you mean business when you are correcting him. If he repeats the undesirable activity, get a flat ruler and use the flat ends on the back of his hands. Follow-up with verbal commands like "Mommy says don't touch that switch." You may also take away his favourite toy for added effect. Repeat process until desired change is observed.

Give baby rewards once compliance has been achieved- a warm nice cuddle and positive reinforcement like: "you are a good boy" is good enough.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by Godmother(f): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
^^^ I dnt have kids but I have nephews. I feel a one-tear old is still too young to be punished. At that agae they hardly knw right frm wrong
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by maclatunji: 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
Godmother: ^^^ I dnt have kids but I have nephews. I feel a one-tear old is still too young to be punished. At that agae they hardly knw right frm wrong

Trust me, a one year old is an highly intelligent and functional individual that responds to correction. The correction here has a functional value which is keeping him from harm. Playing with power plugs and sockets is undesirable- it can and should be corrected. I recommend practical tips that work.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by miqos02(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
Godmother: ^^^ I dnt have kids but I have nephews. I feel a one-tear old is still too young to be punished. At that agae they hardly knw right frm wrong
pls dont try the okada punished with a one yr old child
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by cdamsel(f): 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
maclatunji:

You see correcting children is not a one-time event, it is a lifelong duty. What is most probably happening is that your baby understands you are a softie. Hence, your 'spanking' is not effective. Let him know you mean business when you are correcting him. If he repeats the undesirable activity, get a flat ruler and use the flat ends on the back of his hands. Follow-up with verbal commands like "Mommy says don't touch that switch." You may also take away his favourite toy for added effect. Repeat process until desired change is observed.

Give baby rewards once compliance has been achieved- a warm nice cuddle and positive reinforcement like: "you are a good boy" is good enough.
mac I dont agree wit dat ruler own 4 a 1yr old sha,I remember in pri sch my teacher did dat 2 me & I can still remember it vividly,dat tin hurt like hell cry
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by cdamsel(f): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
there is no sch tin as 2 young 2 b punished,if u don't start early,u ll b nt b taken seriously,ur own kids wld take adv of u
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by maclatunji: 12:19am On Apr 07, 2013
cdamsel: mac I dont agree wit dat ruler own 4 a 1yr old sha,I remember in pri sch my teacher did dat 2 me & I can still remember it vividly,dat tin hurt like hell cry

Don't use the sharp edges, use the flat bit and tap gently. It is actually safer than using your hands. Your teacher used the sharp edges, that will hurt like you rightly pointed out.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by baby124: 12:29am On Apr 07, 2013
Spanking o. With your open palm on their bum I guess. But if they are wearing pampers, you are on a long thing. cool. Spanking, when they cry, pull them closee and hug them with kisses and a promise from them not to do it again. Also practice the "don't try it" look.
Re: How Else Can A Child Be Punished If Not By Flogging by maclatunji: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2013
baby_123: Spanking o. With your open palm on their bum I guess. But if they are wearing pampers, you are on a long thing. cool. Spanking, when they cry, pull them closee and hug them with kisses and a promise from them not to do it again. Also practice the "don't try it" look.

Thank you, spanking the bum with diapers may even be pleasurable to the baby.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thinking About Where To Order Baby Items? Newbee Is The Answer / Please I Need Your Help!!! God Will Reward Whoever Those. / Nobody Wants To See Your Maternity Shoots.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.