Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested - Crime (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested (61041 Views)

2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs / Two Isis-bound Nigerians Arrested In India / 25 Nigerians Arrested In Spain For ‘Sex Trafficking’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by tpia5: 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
EagleNest: 22 out of 32 is roughly 70%. That's too much from one nationality. Does it imply that Nigeria is a training ground for fraudsters?

draw your own conclusions.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by 2legit2qwt: 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
How about locking the thread or just delete the damn thing instead of 23 pages of hidden comments undecided

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2013
The most silenced thread, ever! Allow forumites to air their views and shame the devil. This is a public forum, there should be liberty of thoughts and freedom of speech. Is Nairaland e-communism ?

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by snowdrops(m): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
This igbo /vs/ yoruba issue is really sad and annoying. Even in other news website its the same trend. Some people really need to grow up. There can never be winners or losers from this.

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by richjohn1(m): 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
God please let Biafra come to pass I can't wait for this ibos to go
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by informatix: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
Please lets behave like responsible and educated people that we are the source of this news is unreliable. Though the story can be Truth.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Mojibola(m): 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
Una don tire??....pls continue the bashing abeg.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by richjohn1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hide my post 100 times for all I care let ibos go to their east we don't want to see them around. We don't want lousey empty barrels around . They can't sit in their place yet they keep abusing Yorubas. We hate you guys u can leave for all I care
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by 2legit2qwt: 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
rich_john: Hide my post 100 times for all I care let ibos go to their east we don't want to see them around. We don't want lousey empty barrels around . They can't sit in their place yet they keep abusing Yorubas. We hate you guys u can leave for all I care

Speak for yourself sir

3 Likes

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
lucenzo: I dey hail oooo omo _______

our brothers from the s_

Daalu
grin grin grin
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by bornosheikh: 1:40am On Apr 07, 2013
Yorubas in UK are worse than ones in US. Wormwood and Strangeways full of credit card Yorubas.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by NLGwoodey: 5:20am On Apr 07, 2013
***This post has been hidden****

Mods not smiling.
Maybe it hit home
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by hubreality(m): 5:27am On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john: Hide my post 100 times for all I care let ibos go to their east we don't want to see them around. We don't want lousey empty barrels around . They can't sit in their place yet they keep abusing Yorubas. We hate you guys u can leave for all I care
I pity your gross ignorance and empty hatred. Just walk in love...
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by tivta(m): 8:06am On Apr 07, 2013
The impression am getting from this thread is that all nairaland mods are yorubas, Seun is this true? If so why call it Nairaland? Am saying this because when ever a story involves people from the south west doing fraud, there are lots of hidden posts, but when its from the south east the posts are not that hidden. Someone please tell me why?
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Balkan(m): 8:09am On Apr 07, 2013
it's your brother that is hiding the truth. Shi-ewu is the No.1 bigot. As par this fool, who told you that Lagos belongs to Yoruba people? Does it sound like , OYO, EKITI, OGUN, OSUN or ONDO. ? The earlier you realise that the better for you. Lagos is a no mans land. We wil rather chase you out of Lagos . Does it not worry you that your brothers have been pushed back to Ikorodu, Ofada , Mowe and the rest? While Igbos keep buying the choice houses and land in the main town. Let's who is chasing who out of Lagos. You hate Igbos, you don't need to shout it , the youngest Igbo man knows it, bc it's very obvious but it does not change anything. We not deterred. Very soon you know who owns Lagos.i
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by richjohn1(m): 8:52am On Apr 07, 2013
What makes u think am yoruba? Cos I chose to speak for a responsible race, we'd know the bigger fool when you later come out of your sleep that lagos is yoruba man's land. Your race is lousey, without an history, a race with no kings and rulers. Keep investing in other people's land don't think of moving ur pathetic south east forward. By the way what are u doing on a yoruba man's forum does it sound like ! Go to hell pathetic loser!

2 Likes

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Chinom(m): 9:05am On Apr 07, 2013

Hahahaha... desparate, e-diotic post. Leave to where, Burkina Faso?. You be Mumu. We are in our country. Be it Lagos, Kano or PH, we are in OUR country. Get that into your thick skull. For the Upteenth time; YOU DON'T OWN LAGOS. So stop whinning.
Hungry Credit card thieves. Too dumb to be caught.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by christ4mi(f): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2013
sheedy407: I neva see EDO STATE name steal bfor or fraud.we are just the best in Nigeria
Abeg, don't drag position with the North. They have no business with foreign crime
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Balkan(m): 9:11am On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john: What makes u think am yoruba? Cos I chose to speak for a responsible race, we'd know the bigger fool when you later come out of your sleep that lagos is yoruba man's land. Your race is lousey, without an history, a race with no kings and rulers. Keep investing in other people's land don't think of moving ur pathetic south east forward. By the way what are u doing on a yoruba man's forum does it sound like ! Go to hell pathetic loser!
I am on Nairaland to chase you out of any where I see you guys. If you like deny your tribe as usual. Chameleons! Dirty Yoruba pig. I told you are an on looker. The Igbos have about 40% of properties in Lagos and they are still buying just after 40yrs your brother took all they have and gave them only €20. We have already overtaken you. I just de laugh. Very soon we shall separate the chaff from the grain. Do you know how many of your tribes men and women that are tenants to Igbos in your acclaimed Yoruba land? Guy it's too late for you guys.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by ceejayluv(m): 9:18am On Apr 07, 2013
otaelo: The devil is not as black as he is painted. I am sure those Yoruba names are adopted by the fraudsters, they are from other countries, believe me.
Yeah right... Considering our bad reputation, some foreigners in their right senses will still decide to "adopt" Nigerian full names and nationality?? Try again.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by richjohn1(m): 9:24am On Apr 07, 2013
Oga am a middlebelter from Kogi state am not denying anything! If you guys like buy the whole of Lagos even the yoruba race I don't care! I don't argue too much when you guys say you own Lagos, the Aworis and Eguns have chosen materials things above heritage. I hope Yorubas are hearing this Oba of Lagos and prominent yorubas are seeing this agenda to own Lagos. I now know the reason why Hausas keep killing u in numbers, its just a plot not to make u too comfortable in there place! I wish u all the best in your quest to own lagos!
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by OneNaira6: 9:29am On Apr 07, 2013
I can't believe I missed this thread. Damn see all the hidden post. If na Igbo be those names, the mods would immediately forget they had the ability to hide post. ROFLMFAO @ NL. Too funny

Anyway to address the article, I wanted to say something. Something I feel that needs to be said cause una don they f2k it up for the rest of us in USA but I no wan my post hidden so make I shut up. Infact I go talk, I no care. All I'm going to say is biko Yoruba biko stop. Biko nuu. Most times I see topics like this in USA, it's always una. Biko nu stop, I dey beg. Everywhere in USA, people see Nigerians as nothing but scammers and fraudsters. You go to a job interview, your potential boss all smiles, happy, and laughing alongside with you but immediately he ask you where you from based on your accent, you fit say "Nigeria" his/her own demeanor don change. You go to get a freaking loan from the bank, immediately they see the nigerian citizen in your paper, them go either deny you for no reason other than your nationality or they drill you to make sure you are legit. Biko nu! This is not even trying to be tribalistic but this is getting too damn much in USA. Igbos are not saint, they do the drug dealing thing in Asia, but that sh1t no they affect me or anyone in USA. Infact I no care if una do drug-dealing in USA, just stop the 419. Image of drug-dealing is on the person that caught drug-dealing, not on everybody. No body would think a person is trying to sell them drugs if the person no they show he wants to sell them drugs but this 419 sh1t affects all of us. I don't know about anyone else but anytime such stuff happened and it's a nigerian caught, my own boss start dey look at me like I don join am thief since I'm from the same country as the thief. Biko nu STOP. If you have a legitimate job, stick to your damn legitimate job. If it's not making the amount of money you wish it makes, go get another job. Forget the 419 biko.

Mos you can equally hide this reply but I feel this needed to be said. It is affect all of us sha. If it affects only the person caught, I don't care but this type of crime they affect all of us.

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by IYANGBALI: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2013
Billyonaire: The most silenced thread, ever! Allow forumites to air their views and shame the devil. This is a public forum, there should be liberty of thoughts and freedom of speech. Is Nairaland e-communism ?
Abeg ask the mods o
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by OneNaira6: 9:38am On Apr 07, 2013
Balkan: I am on Nairaland to chase you out of any where I see you guys. If you like deny your tribe as usual. Chameleons! Dirty Yoruba pig. I told you are an on looker. The Igbos have about 40% of properties in Lagos and they are still buying just after 40yrs your brother took all they have and gave them only €20. We have already overtaken you. I just de laugh. Very soon we shall separate the chaff from the grain. Do you know how many of your tribes men and women that are tenants to Igbos in your acclaimed Yoruba land? Guy it's too late for you guys.

He's not Yoruba. His mom is Yoruba. He said in another thread
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by IYANGBALI: 9:40am On Apr 07, 2013
One_Naira: I can't believe I missed this thread. Damn see all the hidden post. If na Igbo be those names, the mods would immediately forget they had the ability to hide post. ROFLMFAO @ NL. Too funny

Anyway to address the article, I wanted to say something. Something I feel that needs to be said cause una don they f2k it up for the rest of us in USA but I no wan my post hidden so make I shut up. Infact I go talk, I no care. All I'm going to say is biko Yoruba biko stop. Biko nuu. Most times I see topics like this in USA, it's always una. Biko nu stop, I dey beg. Everywhere in USA, people see Nigerians as nothing but scammers and fraudsters. You go to a job interview, your potential boss all smiles and happy, laughing alongside with you but immediately he ask you where you from based on your accent, you fit say "Nigeria", his/her own demeanor don change. You go to get a freaking loan from the bank, immediately they see the nigerian citizen in your paper, them go either deny you for no reason other than your nationality or they drill you to make sure you are legit. Biko nu! This is not even trying to be tribalistic but this is getting too damn much in USA. Igbos are not saint, they do the drug dealing thing in Asia, but that sh1t no they affect me or anyone in USA. Infact I no care if una do drug-dealing in USA, just stop the 419. Image of drug-dealing is on the person that caught drug-dealing, not on everybody. No body would think a person is trying to sell them drugs if the person no they show he wants to sell them drugs but this 419 sh1t affects all of us. I don't know about anyone else but anytime such stuff happened and it's a nigerian caught, my own boss start dey look at me like I don join am theif since I'm from the same country as the theif. Biko nu STOP. If you have a legitimate job, stick to your damn legitimate job. If it's not making the amount of money you wish it makes, go get another job. Forget the 419 biko.

Mos you can equally hide this reply but I feel this needed to be said. It is affect all of us sha. If it affects only the person caught, I don't care but this type of crime they affect all of us.
Abeg shut your fokn rotten mouth,are you in anyway saying none of your people is into crime in your so called America,who knows what you are even doing there.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by IYANGBALI: 9:44am On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john: Oga am a middlebelter from Kogi state am not denying anything! If you guys like buy the whole of Lagos even the yoruba race I don't care! I don't argue too much when you guys say you own Lagos, the Aworis and Eguns have chosen materials things above heritage. I hope Yorubas are hearing this Oba of Lagos and prominent yorubas are seeing this agenda to own Lagos. I now know the reason why Hausas keep killing u in numbers, its just a plot not to make u too comfortable in there place! I wish u all the best in your quest to own lagos!
They can't own Lagos,it's just a wishful thinking,it's like NIgerians having a lot of property in Los Angeles and now claiming that they own the place,it is not possible and IT CAN NEVER BE POSSIBLE.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by sleekdot(m): 9:44am On Apr 07, 2013
[size=18pt] Dozens of Nigerians arrested in Medicare fraud busts across U.S.
[/size]

NAMES OF THOSE CHARGED, MANY OTHERS PENDING FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS.

US vs. Clifford Ubani, Princewill Njoku, Mary Ellis and Rolandae Mitchell-Straughter

US vs. Sunny Robinson, Manuel Deluna, Lisa Jones and Shirley A. Chavis

US vs. Kate Ose Olear and John Edward Perry III

US vs. Exechukwu J. Ohaka, Helen Ehi Etinfoh, Adebola Adebayo and Paula Whitfield

US vs. Oliver Nkuku, Kate Nkuku, Callistus Edozie and Obisike Okereke

US vs. John Nasky Okonkwo, Doris Ngozi Vinitski, Howard Grant, John Lackman, Michael Kalu Obasi, Yolanda Stella Delrio, Darnell Denese Willis, Clinton Lee, Obisike Nwankwo, Ju-Ying Qian, Vicki Jackson Phillips, Basil Obasi Kalu, George Abayomi, Ogunnaike and Oliver Knuku
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by sleekdot(m): 9:46am On Apr 07, 2013
[size=18pt]$45M Medicare scam stretched from Houston to Nigeria[/size]

Umawa Imo: City Nursing owner, convicted for conspiracy to commit health care fraud in multiple allegations including filing phony Medicare claims totalling $45,039,23 over a two-and-half-year period. He is serving 27 years in prison.

Christina Clardy: Former anesthesiologist, convicted and sentenced to more than 12 years in prison for health care fraud and conspiracy. She wrote prescriptions for physical therapy at City Nursing even though she had no physical therapy expertise.

Godwin Nzeocha: Physical therapist/physical therapy aide, accused of 39 counts of health care fraud, three counts of mail fraud and three counts of money laundering. He has yet to be tried.

Kenneth Anokam
: Office manager, convicted of paying cash to patients to fill out blank Medicare and Medicaid claim forms. Convicted, sentenced to more than 12 years in prison.

Floyd Leslie Brooks and Gwendolyn Kay Frank: Patient recruiters, pleaded guilty to a single charge of conspiracy to violate the Anti-Kickback Statute. Brooks received $13,700 for those referrals; Frank received $24,500.

Tony Obi: Patient recruiter previously convicted for defrauding the Texas Medicaid program, now charged with conspiracy to commit health care fraud, health care fraud, and money laundering. Prosecutors allege he received more than $1 million in payments, but he has yet to be tried.

JoAnn Michelle White: Pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit health care fraud. Sentenced to nearly four years in prison.

Pamela Ise: The billing manager, charged with conspiracy to commit health care fraud and 27 counts of health care fraud. She is a fugitive and believed to be in Nigeria.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Balkan(m): 9:47am On Apr 07, 2013
rich_john: Oga am a middlebelter from Kogi state am not denying anything! If you guys like buy the whole of Lagos even the yoruba race I don't care! I don't argue too much when you guys say you own Lagos, the Aworis and Eguns have chosen materials things above heritage. I hope Yorubas are hearing this Oba of Lagos and prominent yorubas are seeing this agenda to own Lagos. I now know the reason why Hausas keep killing u in numbers, its just a plot not to make u too comfortable in there place! I wish u all the best in your quest to own lagos!
poor-John I pity you. You are kogi state? That makes you even more inferior than a yorubaman. I know they have Yoruba speaking Kogi state, however I pity you cretin kogi is not a tribe it's a state. You don't have value were the Igbos are. Huasa dislike you too. You are just floating in Nigeria.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by OneNaira6: 9:49am On Apr 07, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Abeg shut your fokn rotten mouth,are you in anyway saying none of your people is into crime in your so called America,who knows what you are even doing there.

Did you see me say that? So even after I wrote "most", your eye no dey see am abi? The fact is majority of the ones in this country caught are usually yoruba and I'm not going to sugarcoat it or try to hid it just to be politically correct. This same way if I lived in China or anyother Asian country and the Igbo drug-dealing is impacting everyone of nigerian citizen, I'll be on this damn website begging Igbo to f2king stop.

You can scream shout, cry, and even yell. All I'm saying is una STOP 419. It destroys everyone image. There are some of us that would like to go around the country and not have to deal with "Nigerians are thief, 419, scammers, etc" stereotype.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Many Beheaded During A Cult Clash In Lagos (Graphic Photo) / Lady Pours Acid On Her Ex-Boyfriend In Akwa Ibom For Dumping Her (Pics) / Pastor Masodje & Dead Beauty Ngegbarane: Body Of Pregnant Missing Lady Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.