Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

Gunmen Attack Adamawa Deputy Governor’s Residence, Kill Eleven Villagers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Adamawa Deputy Governor’s Residence, Kill Eleven Villagers (663 Views)

Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence / 11 Killed As Gunmen Attack Adamawa Deputy Governor’s Residence / Lagos Deputy Governor’s Residence Catches Fire, Electrical Fault Blamed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Attack Adamawa Deputy Governor’s Residence, Kill Eleven Villagers by juventino: 4:52pm On Apr 06, 2013
At least 11 people have been killed in an early morning attack on a remote village in Adamawa state, the state police has said.
The Adamawa Police Public Relations Officer, Mohammed Ibrahim, confirmed that unidentified gunmen raided Midlu Village, in Madagali Local Government Area of the state, and attacked the home of the state deputy governor, Bala Ngalari. He did not provide further details.
“So far, the information available to me is that 11 people lost their lives in the village, including two private security men at the deputy governor’s house,’’ Mr. Ibrahim said.
But villagers, quoted by the News Agency of Nigeria, say the gunmen attacked several houses, calling out names and shooting residents leaving some death and others injured.
An eye witness, who pleaded anonymity, quoted by NAN said the incident took place in the early hours of Saturday around 2 a.m.
“The attackers went from house-to-house, picking out their victims, who they even called by name,” the source said.
“They also went to the house of the deputy governor, Bala Ngalari in the village where they shot some people and wounded some.”
The source said the exact number of deaths was not clear.
“They killed many people but I don’t know exactly how many were killed or injured because I fled the village,’’ he said.

Source: premium times http://premiumtimesng.com/news/128451-gunmen-attack-adamawa-deputy-governors-residence-kill-eleven-villagers.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=gunmen-attack-adamawa-deputy-governors-residence-kill-eleven-
Re: Gunmen Attack Adamawa Deputy Governor’s Residence, Kill Eleven Villagers by Burger01(m): 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
Smh.... sad
Re: Gunmen Attack Adamawa Deputy Governor’s Residence, Kill Eleven Villagers by juventino: 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
Burger01: Smh.... sad
I shook mine 10 times. I wonder if these guys can change no matter what the government offers them. In my humble opinion, I suggest the country should divide. I wonder how a region that contributes virtually zero to our economy causing unnecessary chaos in the name of their religion
Re: Gunmen Attack Adamawa Deputy Governor’s Residence, Kill Eleven Villagers by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
Inna lillahi wa ina illaihi raji,un.

(1) (Reply)

What Nigerian Journalists Must Learn From The Boston Explosion / APC Releases Manifesto: Jonathan, Obasanjo To Face Probe; Immunity To Go / Breaking News- Fire Guts INEC Headquarters Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.