Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC (808 Views)

Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC / I Will Lead A War Against Apc Like Ojukwu-wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by olokfor: 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2013
Ilorin – Mr Farouk Akanbi, NLC Chairman in Kwara, has said that Federal Government’s decision to streamline JAMB and NECO will lead to massive job loss in the country.

Akanbi, who made this known in an interview with journalists on Friday, said the decision had both positive and negative implications.

According to him, one of the most negative implications is the thousands of jobs that may be lost as a result of the cancellation of the two examination bodies.

“If JAMB and NECO is scrapped, what will be the fate of the workers of these organisations that are in all the 36 states of the country?” he queried.

Akanbi said government should not rush to streamline the examination bodies without first considering the fate of the workers.

The NLC chairman also said that a lot of things should be put in place before government entrust the responsibility of conducting examinations solely on WAEC.

Akanbi, who is also NUT Chairman in the state, noted that WAEC did not belong to Nigeria alone as it was a body jointly owned by some West African countries.

He noted that it was a good move for Federal Government to streamline the number of agencies in the country.

The NLC chairman, however, said such move should start from the Presidency and National Assembly, as the two bodies took the lion share of the nation’s budget recurrent expenditure.

“We should not just scrap JAMB and NECO. We should request National Assembly to maintain fiscal discipline,” Akanbi said.

He said that reducing the cost of governance should not be done in isolation, but across board.

According to him, Nigerian workers must not be made to suffer government’s decision to reduce cost in governance. (NAN)

http://informationnaija.com/scrapping-jamb-neco-will-lead-to-job-loss-nlc/
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by vanstanzy(m): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
I just don't understand why the FG will think of taking decisions like this. People dey complain say work

no dey, dem wan render more peops jobless. angry angry

Or is FG banking on that (imaginery) 16k they have promised to pay the unemployed monthly? Na wa o! undecided undecided
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by vanstanzy(m): 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
olokfor: Ilorin – Mr Farouk Akanbi, NLC Chairman in Kwara, has said that Federal Government’s decision to streamline JAMB and NECO will lead to massive job loss in the country.

Akanbi, who made this known in an interview with journalists on Friday, said the decision had both positive and negative implications.

According to him, one of the most negative implications is the thousands of jobs that may be lost as a result of the cancellation of the two examination bodies.

“If JAMB and NECO is scrapped, what will be the fate of the workers of these organisations that are in all the 36 states of the country?” he queried.

Akanbi said government should not rush to streamline the examination bodies without first considering the fate of the workers.

The NLC chairman also said that a lot of things should be put in place before government entrust the responsibility of conducting examinations solely on WAEC.

Akanbi, who is also NUT Chairman in the state, noted that WAEC did not belong to Nigeria alone as it was a body jointly owned by some West African countries.

He noted that it was a good move for Federal Government to streamline the number of agencies in the country.

The NLC chairman, however, said such move should start from the Presidency and National Assembly, as the two bodies took the lion share of the nation’s budget recurrent expenditure.

“We should not just scrap JAMB and NECO. We should request National Assembly to maintain fiscal discipline,” Akanbi said.

He said that reducing the cost of governance should not be done in isolation, but across board.

According to him, Nigerian workers must not be made to suffer government’s decision to reduce cost in governance. (NAN)

http://informationnaija.com/scrapping-jamb-neco-will-lead-to-job-loss-nlc/

I strongly concur with the bolded above. GEJ should first start by pruning down and streamling his ministries, committees, special advisers and advisers. Then the National Assembly should follow suit likewise and also prune the number of their mistresses and call-girls (Not funny!) undecided. These govt officials should prune their travel entourage, put fiscal discipline in-place and so forth.
FG better lead this campaign by leading by example.

But seriously, streamling NECO and JAMB into WAEC is a no-brainer. Competition is good, at least we can see it in the result release time, examination modification and easy online registrations and inquiry of both NECO and JAMB.
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by Adurangba(f): 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
vanstanzy: I just don't understand why the FG will think of taking decisions like this. People dey complain say work

no dey, dem wan render more peops jobless. angry angry

Or is FG banking on that (imaginery) 16k they have promised to pay the unemployed monthly? Na wa o! undecided undecided

You want the government to streamline and downsize MDAs yet you still complain of loss of work. How will they downsize without loss of work even if they start from the national assembly. Do you know this decision was as a result of a white paper from one of the committees set up to look into the matter?
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
Before the establishment of NECO, were they not working?
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by Dibiachukwu: 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
chai see awoof people. Your services are no longer needed. Make urselves useful somewhere else angry
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
Job loss or bribe loss? If scrapping is the solution to the exploitation of the poor students, the low standard & malpractice of these examination bodies, then I support it.
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by CyberG: 12:40am On Apr 07, 2013
Government that is yet to impact the unemoyment rate but only interested in raising the number of jobless citizens! You all need to shut up though and enjoy this you fresh air retardeen!
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by seunwen2(m): 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2013
They should just scrap that useless neco after wasting my effort of failing me in most of their exams
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by MrUzo: 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
It will sure lead to it na
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by Marotzke(m): 10:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
Abeg make dem go joo. I know one senior officer for NECO so, go work, whosai. Na soso my salary never enter you go de hear for I'm mouth. Neco staff no dey set exam question, dem no kuku de mark answer scripts. Every thing is contracted out to proffessional teachers. Na to de waka Ogba de gossip anyhow, de shout nigeria is bad na I'm dem sabi. Make dem waka sharp .
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by mindtricks: 12:50am On Apr 14, 2013
Sounds like JAMB and NECO put in place solely to tackle unemployment?
Re: Scrapping JAMB, NECO Will Lead To Job Loss — NLC by Marotzke(m): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
mindtricks: Sounds like JAMB and NECO put in place solely to tackle unemployment?
can you imagine.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Amaechi / Court Grants Application Of African People’s Congress (APC) Restraining INEC / Who Is Femi Fani-kayode Really???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.