Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,993 members, 7,952,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:35 AM

Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion (2274 Views)

Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom / Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) / Please Translate "Kilon Sio Aburo, Talon Ba Ingrish, Joor Bami Se Video Mi Joor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by searchcorp(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
In the beginning Adam ate the apple - the first story was told, and ever since then, I'm of the opinion that the world has been driven by stories from the first day.

The best sales men always have the perfect anecdote for their sales pitches, you know I once went out with the principal manager of a multi-billion naira company to bid for a contract, he ended his pitch by saying "it seems like I ve been talking a lot, as my people say, if your girlfriend die and you too dey cry about am, dem go think sey na you kill am, perhaps, I should stop talking now and begin to show you samples of jobs we have done" the whole board burst into laughter. Oh boy, he got the deal!

The world is driven by stories, everything is scripted, from religious documents, to business plans, to tech apps, to television shows - and yes, even the Keeping up with the Kardashian show, to songs and most importantly music videos.

Growing up as a kid I was particularly drawn to how artistes surrounded their album sales with a story or two, ("the tupac and B.I.G. saga" "Get rich or Die trying" that's fifty sent trying to tell his whole underdog story in one album as depicted in the movie) every album dropped had a story around it, they called it their inspiration. Their music videos were shot to be consistent with the story.

Now, that's easy right? The right inspiration or story should give u the best content for your songs, shouldn't it?

Okay, then afterwards, u tell the video director what your story his, perhaps he will creatively give your music video a consistent screenplay (in Jayz's case he loves having the controversial illuminati this and that to his music videos, well u can also call them coincidences).

Now, why are our music videos filled with images of half naked girls? Please pardon me, I actually meant quarter naked girls, is it that the directors are short of stories, or that the artistes have only just one story - unclothedness!

"Naked girls, just flood the set with naked girls, no be guys? Dem go watch am joor" I'm sure that must have been what olu maintain told the director of the nautty video.

Recently, I saw a very good friend of mine giving burna boy a very good massage on his neck in the "tonight" music video, I stumbled upon the behind the scene footage and noticed that she only wore panties in that scene. "Ehn? It was nice meeting u" I didn't bother keeping in touch with her again.

Please artiste and directors, give us good stories, the bible, koran and religious materials are filled with it. Even Atheist love stories, common' they told us about the big bang.

Stop showing us naked girls and give us good stories.

I leave it there.

@searchobinna
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by searchcorp(m): 1:24am On Apr 09, 2013
85 views and no reply.... is that all i get? i can at least make use of some criticism....
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by VillageBoi(m): 10:11am On Apr 30, 2013
Oh boy, I hear you o! We tried that with a new artist and told the 'story' of the song in the video... well let's just say 'Nigerians' hated it because there were no na.ked girls in it. And all the 'stations' said that was why they were not going to play the video - you can see it here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dflzkVawGBg

There is also the 'original' version with the 'intro' at the start found here - https://vimeo.com/58096277
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by pleep(m): 1:50am On May 01, 2013
when i clicked this thread and saw no "unclad girls" i didnt bother to read srry undecided
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by searchcorp(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2013
pleep: when i clicked this thread and saw no "unclad girls" i didnt bother to read srry undecided

nice one pleep, i was almost tempted to put some pictures, but then i listened to the inner voice in me, infact i just might put those pictures now.
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by searchcorp(m): 5:29pm On May 01, 2013
VillageBoi:
Oh boy, I hear you o! We tried that with a new artist and told the 'story' of the song in the video... well let's just say 'Nigerians' hated it because there were no na.ked girls in it. And all the 'stations' said that was why they were not going to play the video - you can see it here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dflzkVawGBg

There is also the 'original' version with the 'intro' at the start found here - https://vimeo.com/58096277

wow thats a very lovely video, i would love to meet with the director of that video and possibly you and the artiste, we can always work out something, pls send me a mail via spilecttv@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by RandomAfricanAm: 6:34pm On May 01, 2013
I don't think anything is inherently wrong with "Unclad girls" or na.ked girls/people at all. Nu.dity was/is religious European & Arab insecurities that was imparted on others. I have a problem with trying to market sex in an attempt to sell me something as though it's some kind of common denominator that goes with everything from Breakfast cereal to New cars.

Actually ...I don't have a problem with "Unclad girls" or sex. I have a problem with insulting lots of peoples intelligence by lazily pandering to the idea of ("Unclad girls" or sex) to sell stuff.

It's like Hollywood movies where everything has to have a love interest and a happy ending. It's just lazy, be adventurous and explore the world of ideas!
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 01, 2013
I know this is a bit off topic...But if I DO get married(which I'm definitely not), then me and my wife are going to always walk around the house naked when its just us. Yeah you HEARD ME!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

LMAO! I'm such a weirdo...

2 Likes

Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by RandomAfricanAm: 9:27pm On May 01, 2013
KidStranglehold: I know this is a bit off topic...But if I DO get married(which I'm definitely not), then me and my wife are going to always walk around the house naked when its just us. Yeah you HEARD ME!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by pleep(m): 2:58am On May 02, 2013
KidStranglehold: I know this is a bit off topic...But if I DO get married(which I'm definitely not), then me and my wife are going to always walk around the house naked when its just us. Yeah you HEARD ME!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Same here lol, and imma finger her every time she bends over.

.... Why dont u wanna get married tho... scared of a stong black woman? cheesy
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by searchcorp(m): 10:30am On May 02, 2013
RandomAfricanAm: I don't think anything is inherently wrong with "Unclad girls" or na.ked girls/people at all. Nu.dity was/is religious European & Arab insecurities that was imparted on others. I have a problem with trying to market sex in an attempt to sell me something as though it's some kind of common denominator that goes with everything from Breakfast cereal to New cars.

Actually ...I don't have a problem with "Unclad girls" or sex. I have a problem with insulting lots of peoples intelligence by lazily pandering to the idea of ("Unclad girls" or sex) to sell stuff.

It's like Hollywood movies where everything has to have a love interest and a happy ending. It's just lazy, be adventurous and explore the world of ideas!

you are so on point here though!

1 Like

Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by searchcorp(m): 10:30am On May 02, 2013
pleep: Same here lol, and imma finger her every time she bends over.

or some girl just broke your heart real bad?
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by pleep(m): 10:34am On May 02, 2013
me?
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by pleep(m): 10:35am On May 02, 2013
searchcorp:

nice one pleep, i was almost tempted to put some pictures, but then i listened to the inner voice in me, infact i just might put those pictures now.
Do am do am do am.

About the topic... i hate it. Music videos over-use this sex theme and it so old, back when i was a kid i used to love watching the skantily clad chicks in videos and hearing perverted lyrics.

but now i'm bored of it... they need to put more thought into their products. There is more to life than cheap sex
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 02, 2013
pleep: Same here lol, and imma finger her every time she bends over.

Nah...Its just that marriage is overrated and outdated in this day n age. Not worth it imo. I wanna be wild and free.
Re: Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion by pleep(m): 2:17am On May 03, 2013
i agree it is outdated, and downright re.tarded when rich guys do it

(1) (Reply)

Do Igbo ,ibibio And Efik Relate Historically / The People Of Alago / Lost Love Spells Caster With Long Distance Healing Spells +27732225324 Prof Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.