Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,118 members, 7,845,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

"Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy (2786 Views)

The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism / Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! / Pastor John Hagee - Cornerstone Church Ministry, Heresy, Divorce & Dirty Deeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy by ichuka(m): 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2013
You guys have not answered my question.
How can a true believer,who has been predestined by God to be confirmed in the image of His Son,CALLED by Him,JUSTIFIED by Him,also GLORIFIED by HIM loose his salvation.
Who or what can separate such believer from His love toward him?when Christ had died,risen and sits @God's right hand..Romans8:29-35)
Guys if your God is that incompete,well,mine is ever more than able.
Re: "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
i.chuka:
You guys have not answered my question.
How can a true believer,who has been predestined by God to be confirmed in the image of His Son,CALLED by Him,JUSTIFIED by Him,also GLORIFIED by HIM loose his salvation.
Who or what can separate such believer from His love toward him?when Christ had died,risen and sits @God's right hand..Romans8:29-35)
Guys if your God is that incompete,well,mine is ever more than able.

well, why don't you keep on sinning and hoping to be saved on the last day smiley

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21
Re: "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy by ichuka(m): 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2013
frosbel:

well, why don't you keep on sinning and hoping to be saved on the last day smiley

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21
Brother
Been saved is one thing and entering His Kingdom is another,we should stop mixing it up.
Re: "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy by bolaino(m): 7:28am On Apr 08, 2013
This is really strange, so there are people who actually believe in this heresy? U guys should stop deceiving yourselves, God has standards and he won't compromise his standards for any man/woman, the soul that sinneth shall die he said in his words that he's coming to take his people as white as snow, without spot or wrinkle, God hates sin, so if u think once saved always saved then u're on a long tin, continue to sin, e go shock u on the last day,

2 Likes

Re: "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy by ichuka(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2013
bolaino: This is really strange, so there are people who actually believe in this heresy? U guys should stop deceiving yourselves, God has standards and he won't compromise his standards for any man/woman, the soul that sinneth shall die he said in his words that he's coming to take his people as white as snow, without spot or wrinkle, God hates sin, so if u think once saved always saved then u're on a long tin, continue to sin, e go shock u on the last day,
My friend,you guys should stop spreading these Gospel of FEAR.
God is not a liar niether is He incompetent.
The Life He gives a new believer is Enternal.though it doesn't guarantee such believer entering His Kingdom.
For instance,a child born in Nigeria is already a Nigerian.no matter what he/she does.but being a Nigerian doesn't neccesary means he/she will become a councilor,LG chairman or a governor,though he/she is qualified as being born a Nigeria to run the race.
Being born a Nigerian is like having Enternal Life and to become a governor is liken to entering/reigning in His Kingdom.
Re: "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2013
i.chuka:

My friend,you guys should stop spreading these Gospel of FEAR.

The Gospel of FEAR is actually the one you guys preach, that of eternal torment. smiley

God is not a liar niether is He incompetent.

God can never LIE.

The Life He gives a new believer is Enternal.though it doesn't guarantee such believer entering His Kingdom.

Contradiction alert !!!

Let us define what eternal means , I am sure the owners of the English language understand what this means when they translated from the original languages to :

e·ter·nal [ih-tur-nl]
adjective
without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing ( opposed to temporal ): eternal life.

Eternal life is the same as everlasting life.

When a person is born again, his spirit is awakened from spiritual death to spiritual life by the Holy Spirit, that individual becomes a partaker of that spiritual life that comes from GOD and is sealed as one of his.

However, the eternal life starts at the second coming of Jesus when we are ushered into the new kingdom with incorruptible bodies, never ever again to experience or taste death as clearly stated in revelation 21:4.

By inference therefore , eternal life and entering the kingdom of GOD are interwoven in meaning.
Re: "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 09, 2013
Re: "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy by SisterSister(f): 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
ichuka:
So why would God promise and give someone Enternal Life if we believe(3:16),since the Life is not Enternal according to you?
Why would He even lie about it?
But the scriptue says He cannot lie(Numbers23:19)
Is Enternal Life exhaustible?

I concur [b][/b]
Re: "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy by An2elect2(f): 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
ichuka is right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christmas Day Is Pure Satanic Day (God Forgive Me, I Celebrated It In The Past) / Do Demons Torment People In Hell? / What Do Christians Think Of Homo Neanderthals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.