Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Oritsejafor To Jonathan:never Try Boko Haram Amnesty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oritsejafor To Jonathan:never Try Boko Haram Amnesty (436 Views)

Tinubu Suffering From Memory Loss, Jonathan Never Offered Him VP Slot – FFK / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oritsejafor To Jonathan:never Try Boko Haram Amnesty by Zingkicker: 1:13am On Apr 07, 2013
Oritsejafor to Jonathan:Never try Boko Haram amnesty http://kopnomi..com/2013/04/cans-oritsejafor-to-jonathan-on.html
Re: Oritsejafor To Jonathan:never Try Boko Haram Amnesty by sammyzacks(m): 5:58am On Apr 07, 2013
Fiery, and often controversial president of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Ayo Oritsejafor, has reacted angrily to the proposed amnesty for the extremist sect, Boko Haram. He spoke at the 80th birthday ceremony of the president, Apostolic Church of Nigeria, Pastor Gabriel Oladele Olutola, in Lagos.

“I don’t know his ambition for second term because I am not a politician; I am a pastor. But that (amnesty) would be wicked. I don’t see why he would have to do that and I don’t see why he would have to consider that because we are facing a very serious situation in Nigeria.

“Let us not turn this situation into politics. Let’s face it for what it is. The security of the people is the number one responsibility of the President. And I think at this point, Jonathan must wake up and just face it and do what he has to do. But these people who are putting pressure on him left and right, may God help them and deliver Nigeria from their hands. Nigeria I believe would be safe.”

Again, he thrashed arguments that often compare the North’s crisis with that of the Niger Delta.
“The reality is that you cannot equate those two instances. How many mosques were burnt in Warri or Port Harcourt? Can you tell me one? Young boys didn’t come on the streets to start shooting and killing people in the market. I’m from Warri, the Central Mosque is in the centre of our town. It has been there all these years. Nobody touched it.”
Re: Oritsejafor To Jonathan:never Try Boko Haram Amnesty by Maxymilliano(m): 7:10am On Apr 07, 2013
Hard as I want to believe the President is bowing to pressures in considering amnesty to boko haram and the likes, it will be like spitting on the grave of the dead if the 'supposed' killers are granted State pardon with compensation for taking up arms killing and maiming innocent and law abiding citizens.

Going further to set up an amnesty committee to work out appropriate modalities and conditions without the inclusion of people that were at the receiving end of brutal attacks, like Rev. Jerome Ituah, who under his watch boko haram destroyed 50 of the Catholic Churches out of 52 in Maiduguri diocese shows insensitivity on the part of the President and at best scratching the surface to appease sectional interest.

Still waiting to know the conditions that'll be prescribed for boko haram arms-surrendering to know if it will be morning yet on creation day, but if it is the much anticipated soft landing for all the low lifers paraded as boko haram, the President will be setting a complicated and odious precedence with attendant chain reactions

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Islam Is The Mother Of Boko Haram / Mark Describes Late Olayinka As An Indomitable Amazon / MOSOP Gives Conditions For Oil Exploration In Ogoni Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.