Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Mirko Vucinic Booked For Shorts-off Celebration - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mirko Vucinic Booked For Shorts-off Celebration (1760 Views)

Mirko Vucinic's Strange Goal Celebration / Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy / Whose Goal Celebration Do You Fancy Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mirko Vucinic Booked For Shorts-off Celebration by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 08, 2013

We've long known that taking your shirt off in celebration of a goal is a bookable offence, but Mirko Vucinic has confirmed what you may well already have guessed - the punishment is the same if you take your shorts off.

The Juventus striker, who had earlier missed an open goal, was more than a little excited about scoring from the penalty spot to give his side a 72nd-minute lead in the Serie A match against Pescara.

He whipped off his shorts and swung them over his head, immediately earning a booking for what our friends at Infostrada have classified as 'unsporting behaviour'.

"It was spontaneous. I felt like it and I did it," Vucinic explained afterwards. He stayed on the field, despite the disapproving reaction from coach Antonio Conte, and six minutes later he scored again, as the Italian league leaders sealed a 2-1 win at home.

Conte, though, was less than impressed after the match with the Montenegrin, appearing to clip him around the head when he celebrated the strike. "It was an affectionate slap," claimed Vucinic. Conte said: "I told Vucinic he had a terrible game and still scored two goals… Imagine what he would’ve done if he had played well.

"It’s important that he scored today and that bodes well for the Bayern match, even if I’m thinking of benching him."
But it's not his first time - here he is celebrating a goal for Montenegro against Wales in 2010. Some people never learn...

(1) (Reply)

Man City Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Manchester United Vs Portsmouth [5 - 0] On Sat, 6th Feb / Arsenal Have Agreed A New Kit Deal With Puma Worth £170m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.