Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend (747 Views)

The Fears Of (new) Nigerian Graduates And Advice / Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers / Please Narialanders I Need Your Help And Advice.(doing An Mba, Acca Or Ican). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by Scarpon(m): 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
this guy has been more than a friend since my secondary
school (more than 8 years ) he sent in this text yesterday.
pls I nid advice on this lets me brief it
I have completed the two years agreement with me and my
sister(my blood sister and I live good without any problems)
and the agreement is she will settle me with 1 million
suddenly last week she prosboned it with two extra years
with out no reason and so far I have only 750k with me I
don't know if I should cool down and start a bizznes of my
own cuz I dont have time on my side and I am the first son
from a very poor home, I have too many responsibilitys or I
should serve her extra two years?. reply as soon as u get
this SMS.
#I just don't know what to tell him and I no he is confused
right know
so I am sticking this to seek help from u guys
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by CrazyMan(m): 6:26am On Apr 09, 2013
An agreement is an agreement...2 years was the agreed date, she has no right to enslave the poor guy much further.

If the agreement was documented, then I would advise him to take legal action against her...that's his best option.
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by Scarpon(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2013
CrazyMan: An agreement is an agreement...2 years was the agreed date, she has no right to enslave the poor guy much further.

If the agreement was documented, then I would advise him to take legal action against her...that's his best option.
the guy don't have such power to make ations with her the thing is if he want to leave the lady promise to give him 100 thousand or stay and 2 years and collect 1 million (if she can even agree with that ) the shocking thing is that their are the same blood siblings
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by yamakuza: 11:11am On Apr 09, 2013
Scarpon: the guy don't have such power to make ations with her the thing is if he want to leave the lady promise to give him 100 thousand or stay and 2 years and collect 1 million (if she can even agree with that ) the shocking thing is that their are the same blood siblings

if he starts a biz with the N750k he has now, can he make up to N1m in profits in the next 2 years?

If he's sure he can, he should collect the extra N100k and move on.

If he's not sure, he can give the sis 2 more years before launching out on his own.
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by Scarpon(m): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2013
yamakuza:

if he starts a biz with the N750k he has now, can he make up to N1m in profits in the next 2 years?

If he's not sure, he can give the sis 2 more years before launching out on his own.

he is planning to join me in in the kind of business I do and am sure if he should a shop in an good area he will make more than 2millon in 2years
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by yamakuza: 11:55am On Apr 09, 2013
Scarpon: he is planning to join me in in the kind of business I do and am sure if he should a shop in an good area he will make more than 2millon in 2years

seems you have your answer.

is 500k enough to start?
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by Scarpon(m): 11:57am On Apr 09, 2013
yamakuza:

seems you have your answer.

is 500k enough to start?
yes depending on the category u want to start
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by CrazyMan(m): 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2013
yamakuza: if he starts a biz with the N750k he has now, can he make up to N1m in profits in the next 2 years?

True.

yamakuza: If he's not sure, he can give the sis 2 more years before launching out on his own.
How sure are you that the sister would redeem her promise after the 2 years?

From what I think, the sister is just taking advantage of him...he should just accept the 100k like you stated earlier and move on.
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by CrazyMan(m): 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
Scarpon: he is planning to join me in in the kind of business I do and am sure if he should a shop in an good area he will make more than 2millon in 2years
Is the business you do different from what he's learning in his sister's place?
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by yamakuza: 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2013
CrazyMan:
True.

How sure are you that the sister would redeem her promise after the 2 years?

From what I think, the sister is just taking advantage of him...he should just accept the 100k like you stated earlier and move on.

just based on the fact that they are siblings, and a family meeting can be called if need be.

In a case where he had no savings or where his savings (or N100k settlement) is/are not enough to start him off, staying on with her, gaining 'experience', and making all necessary moves to collect what is due him at the end of the day, would have been his alternative.
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by Scarpon(m): 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
I ask him if he stayed with his sister in next two years how much will be his savings he said 1 million +1 million from the siter =2millon I ask him to stay since he has the right to stay in his parents house, entitled to the cars and free expenses he should just keep two years and I also promise him of some cash, so friends what about that
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by yamakuza: 1:30am On Apr 11, 2013
Scarpon: I ask him if he stayed with his sister in next two years how much will be his savings he said 1 million +1 million from the siter =2millon I ask him to stay since he has the right to stay in his parents house, entitled to the cars and free expenses he should just keep two years and I also promise him of some cash, so friends what about that

if he stays with her for 2 more years, he'll have N1m sure + N1m uncertain = N2m max

if he starts on his own, he'll have N0m + N2m unsure after 2 years = N2m max

he's safer staying on with her for 2 more years max, but he should make sure other family members bear witness to their agreement this time around.

i hope the money he's saving doesnt belong to the sister?
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by Scarpon(m): 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2013
yamakuza:

if he stays with her for 2 more years, he'll have N1m sure + N1m uncertain = N2m max

he's safer staying on with her for 2 more years max, but he should make sure other family members bear witness to their agreement this time around.

nice one bro thank u
Re: Please Help On And Advice TO A Good Friend by CrazyMan(m): 2:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
yamakuza: if he stays with her for 2 more years, he'll have N1m sure + N1m uncertain = N2m max

Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In The World / The 3 Things You Must Know About How Your Employer Sets Salaries / An Ode To Universal Studios Of Arts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.