Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun (13090 Views)

Buhari Arrives Ijebu Ode , Ogun State @40 - Photos / David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas / Governor Amosun Of Ogun Stoned By TASUED Students As He Ran For Cover [PIC] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by EkoIle1: 6:15am On Apr 09, 2013
FG Will Not Deter Me From Re-constructing Ijebu-ode Road, Ogun Governor Says

Mr. Amosun said FG’s construction will not stop his expansion plan for the Ijebu-Ode metropolis road.

The Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, has said the controversy generated by the Federal Government over the road construction works in Ijebu-Ode metropolis will not distract his government from going on with his massive expansion plan for the road.

Mr. Amosun gave the assurance while inspecting the road project and said his government is committed to executing the project in line with its promise to provide quality and durable roads throughout the state.

He said the Ijebu Ode road deserves more than the asphalting which the Federal Government hurriedly carried out after his government paid N2 billion to contractors for a more elaborate expansion.

“Ijebu-Ode people deserve more than mere asphalting of their roads. They need something better than this. This is the area where the Awolowos, Soyinkas, Onabanjos and other founding fathers of the state come from. As you are aware, our own road is known as ‘Ogun standard road’, and that is what we are committed to doing here in Ijebu-Ode”, the governor said.

Lamenting the development, Mr. Amosun said contract for the asphalt surfacing of the road was awarded by the Federal Government as far back as 2010 but no action was taken until his government decided to intervene to address the dilapidated state of the road in the interest of the residents

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/128700-fg-will-not-deter-me-from-re-constructing-ijebu-ode-road-ogun-governor-says.html

6 Likes

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by EkoIle1: 6:19am On Apr 09, 2013
Another FG attache in the SW...

This is what you get with useless and incompetent people with no visions or ideas, all they do is attache to claim credit for other people's hard work...
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Sirniyeh(m): 6:36am On Apr 09, 2013
There are two seperate road contractors presently working on ijebu ode road. First to arrive was Gov Amosun which started work since last year Oct. But another contractor from federal gov just came february to begin putting asphalt on it. This action put the residence in confution as regard the demolition carried out by Amosun contractor for extention which the Latter did not put the asphalt to the extended portion.

1 Like

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 09, 2013
Hmmmm......and the war between the two parties continue.

We need to adapt a new strategy in Nigeria that avoids such nonsense like this. This is wasting of money, how can both FG and Ogun state government try to spend scarce Naija money on the same darn road.
Why can't there be clear job specifications among the different arms of govt?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by EkoIle1: 6:46am On Apr 09, 2013
A contract was awarded back in 2010 by the FG to fix the road, but they didn't show up for 3 years, not all of a sudden, they show face to compete with the state and it's more elaborate plan to reconstruct the road.

The Nigerian FG is not only extremely corrupt, it's loaded with psychos and the weirdest kleptomaniacs in the world..

17 Likes

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by kkiisshhkkyy(m): 6:48am On Apr 09, 2013
hmmm
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by EkoIle1: 6:49am On Apr 09, 2013
The Lagos State Government has warned the Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA) to steer clear of Ikorodu Road now being reconstructed by the state.

The Ministry of Works and Infrastructure’s Deputy Director of Press and Public Relations, Biola Fagunwa, in a statement yesterday, urged FERMA to concentrate on other federal roads begging for attention.

He said FERMA’s planned rehabilitation of the road could be construed as undue interference amounting to duplication of efforts and waste of resources that could be used to rehabilitate Abeokuta Expressway, Lagos- Sagamu Road, and Apapa-Oshodi Expressway.

Fagunwa said the state has been granted the permission to maintain and rehabilitate Ikorodu Road. He listed the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), rehabilitation of service lanes, and replacement of about 20 manhole covers as evidence of the state’s intervention on the road.

“With such commitment demonstrated by the state government, it will be a sheer waste of energy and indeed a design to create unnecessary tussle between the various agencies of government for FERMA to insist on carrying out any rehabilitation,” the statement said.

http://www.watchinglagos.com/2013/01/lagos-to-ferma-stay-off-ikorodu-road.html

Same attache nonsense they pulled in Lagos state..
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 09, 2013
FG should let him do his work and never refund him any kob because he has chosen a path here. Flexing fragile balls with your upper boss(oga some where)

Rtvbx0x0d

1 Like

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by EkoIle1: 6:59am On Apr 09, 2013
chiover: FG should let him do his work and never refund him any kob because he has chosen a path here. Flexing fragile balls with your upper boss(oga some where) is not the best way to play opposition joor

What is the best way? Beg them or Sit around for ever while your roads rot away and your people suffer because of some lazy and corrupt federal government with no sense of duty and obligation?

You sound very mentally weak..

19 Likes

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Habiolar(m): 7:13am On Apr 09, 2013
FG & his confused state of mind,most he cos confusion everytime, wht is he doing since 2010 wen he as awarded d contract nw coming up after d state Govt intervend. What is wrong with dis our 1st woman president cnt she take Magaret thatcher as a model,lolzz.

For polo shirt , round neck, v neck , sportwears 4 kids & adults in mass production, call : 07031122496 BB:220DC3e9
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by maasoap(m): 7:27am On Apr 09, 2013
chiover: FG should let him do his work and never refund him any kob because he has chosen a path here. Flexing fragile balls with your upper boss(oga some where)
Rtvbx0x0d
At least, you can do better. Try to reason like someone who just woke up with a refreshed brain. Why do we have so many mor`ons on NL?

14 Likes

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by IB5(f): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2013
chiover: FG should let him do his work and never refund him any kob because he has chosen a path here. Flexing fragile balls with your upper boss(oga some where)

Rtvbx0x0d

My brother that is not the case, the Federal government is the one playing dirty politics here.
This road has been a dual-carriage road though, Ogun state government took up this road and decided to widen it to by one or two lanes at each sides making it three or four going lanes and three or four coming lanes. Already, demolition has been made, banks, worship centers, residential buildings, shops etc were demolished in the course of extending the road. Standard wide and deep drainage system were constructed at the beginning of this year, what is left is the leveling of the cleared sides of the road and make it balanced with the existing one before applying the necessary materials to complete the road. The federal government contractors then came from no where poured gravel on the existing tarred road, claiming to be doing a project in Ijebu-Ode just for 2015 preparation.

The questions are: why is the federal government so adamant in just renovating the existing part of the road that has been taken over for extension by the state government for a more standard construction?

Why is the federal government not concerned about the three federal roads that leads out of Lagos to other parts of the country?
-Ikorodu(Lagos) - Isagamu(Ogun) that has massive industries at the right and left sides is the worst federal road in the SW.
-Already the most vital road(Lagos- Ibadan Express way) hasn't received any meaningful attention.
-Ikorodu(Lagos) - Ijebu Ode(ogun) that also needs federal government attention was last touched perhaps during the time of Awolowo.

Enough said, this is just politics and nothing else mehn.
You played politics in appointment of people for certain duties, politics is human development and now politics in infrastructural development projects. Shameless federal government I must say.

Forget not that Mile12-Ikorodu express way in Lagos that is a federal road but has been taken over by Lagos state government also caused trouble between LASG and the FG. Why must it be the Federal government causing trouble at anytime their shortcoming and incompetent self is exposed to Nigerians? Very shameful

14 Likes

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 09, 2013
The road is a FG road and if the state govt wants to do work on the road they should follow due process and obtain approval from FG. Its okay to have good intentions but executing a well intended act thru illegal means rubbishes the good intention. For instance, if you want to demolish my house to build a bigger house for me, you cannot do that without my permission. You cannot just forcefully move bulldozers to my house without my consent. If I'm living in an unpainted house and someone wants to help paint the house for me, the person will seek my consent first. Even in medicine, you cannot administer any treatment to a patient except they consent.

My point is that DUE PROCESS is important in whatever we do, irrespective of how well intentioned the act is

2 Likes

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by IB5(f): 9:30am On Apr 09, 2013
Taking up a federal government abandoned project needs permission, lol. If the Federal government is irresponsible to do her job and a thinking state government knows the importance, hell with permission.
When we all know the type of federal government we have, with possibilities that those requests might remain pending for the next seven years when the governor making the proposal is out of power.
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 09, 2013
I-B.:

My brother that is not the case, the Federal government is the one playing dirty politics here.
This road has been a dual-carriage road though, O gun state government took up this road and decided to widen it to by one or two lanes at each sides making it three or four going lanes and three or four coming lanes. Already, demolition has been made, banks, worship centres, residential buildings, shops etc were demolished in the course of extending the road. Standard wide and deep drainage system were constructed at the beginning of this year, what is left is the levelling of the cleared sides of the road and make it balanced with the existing one before applying the necessary materials to complete the road. The federal government contractors then came from no where poured gravel on the existing tarred road, claiming to be doing a project in Ijebu-Ode just for 2015 preparation.

The questions are: why is the federal government so adamant in just renovating the existing part of the road that has been taken over for extension by the state government for a more standard construction?

Why is the federal government not concerned about the three federal roads that leads out of Lagos to other parts of the country?
-Ikorodu(Lagos) - Isabel(O gun) that has massive industries at the right and left sides is the worst federal road in the SW.
-Already the most vital road(Lagos- Ibsen Express way) hasn't received any meaningful attention.
-Ikorodu(Lagos) - III Ode(o gun) that also needs federal government attention was last touched perhaps during the time of Awoke.

Enough said, this is just politics and nothing else men.
You played politics in appointment of people for certain duties, politics is human development and now politics in infra structural development projects. Shameless federal government I must say.

Forget not that Mile12-Ikorodu express way in Lagos that is a federal road but has been taken over by Lagos state government also caused trouble between LASG and the FG. Why must it be the Federal government causing trouble at anytime their shortcoming and incompetent self is exposed to Nigerians? Very shameful
bros! Ur points are very ok but,let me ask u dis simple quest. Are u aware dat d road in question belongs to FG? D Governor has no right to touch d road without putting word across to FG.
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by IB5(f): 10:01am On Apr 09, 2013
chiover: bros! grin Ur points are very ok but,let me ask u dis simple quest. Are u aware dat d road in question belongs to FG? D Governor has no right to touch d road without putting word across to FG.

You omitted this

I-B.:
Taking up a federal government abandoned project needs permission, lol. If the Federal government is irresponsible to do her job and a thinking state government knows the importance, hell with permission.
When we all know the type of federal government we have, with possibilities that those requests might remain pending for the next seven years when the governor making the proposal is out of power.

If state like Lagos has been waiting for the federal government to get her requests permitted before FG's responsibilities are being embarked on, so many projects in the state would be in a extremely bad situation.
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by talkmarkay(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2013
It is a pity that FG keep playing politics with project implementation in south west just like the way they keep playing politics with the issue of Boko haram.

Since year 2000 the road project of Ibadan-Ilorin express way has not been completed.

FG should deliever the devidence of democracy and stop playing upon Nigerians intelegence.

Meaniful project execution can only determine the future (2015) not this kind of propaganda.

FG BE WISE AND WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Scarpon(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2013
if the two parties are fighting like this with improvement then I have worries
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 09, 2013
Eko Ile: A contract was awarded back in 2010 by the FG to fix the road, but they didn't show up for 3 years, not all of a sudden, they show face to compete with the state and it's more elaborate plan to reconstruct the road.

The Nigerian FG is not only extremely corrupt, it's loaded with psychos and the weirdest kleptomaniacs in the world..

See finishing...grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by oyakhi(m): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2013
How To Order A UK Used Blackberry Phone
For As Low As $15.99 Each
visit http://importationinfo./

for breaking news as they happen
http://breakingnaijanews./
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by slimfit1(m): 11:24am On Apr 09, 2013
What do you expect from people's deceiving party.

1 Like

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by ichommy(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2013
It is well
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by RiKKies: 11:32am On Apr 09, 2013
grin
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by k2039: 11:37am On Apr 09, 2013
Shollypopz: Hmmmm......and the war between the two parties continue.

We need to adapt a new strategy in Nigeria that avoids such nonsense like this. This is wasting of money, how can both FG and Ogun state government try to spend scarce Naija money on the same darn road.
Why can't there be clear job specifications among the different arms of govt?
Honestly, our resources are not scarce, just poor management.

I assume for the FG to have intervened the road must be a federal one. But the state goverment decided to take it up since FG failed in her responsibility.

The FG realised the OSG is trying to make them look like a fool and highly irresponsible.

If nonsense like this are to be avoided in the future, the FG should be responsible for actions/developments within it jurisdiction.

1 Like

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by juman(m): 11:54am On Apr 09, 2013
So far the federal government is a failure.

1 Like

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by addey(m): 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
chiover: bros! Ur points are very ok but,let me ask u dis simple quest. Are u aware dat d road in question belongs to FG? D Governor has no right to touch d road without putting word across to FG.

so the Gov. should wait until FG. turn the state to another Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
juman: So far the federal government is a failure.

AMOSUN: mission accomplished
Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Clerverly: 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The road is a FG road and if the state govt wants to do work on the road they should follow due process and obtain approval from FG. Its okay to have good intentions but executing a well intended act thru illegal means rubbishes the good intention. For instance, if you want to demolish my house to build a bigger house for me, you cannot do that without my permission. You cannot just forcefully move bulldozers to my house without my consent. If I'm living in an unpainted house and someone wants to help paint the house for me, the person will seek my consent first. Even in medicine, you cannot administer any treatment to a patient except they consent.

My point is that DUE PROCESS is important in whatever we do, irrespective of how well intentioned the act is

So says a monkey undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by mrofficial2(m): 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The road is a FG road and if the state govt wants to do work on the road they should follow due process and obtain approval from FG. Its okay to have good intentions but executing a well intended act thru illegal means rubbishes the good intention. For instance, if you want to demolish my house to build a bigger house for me, you cannot do that without my permission. You cannot just forcefully move bulldozers to my house without my consent. If I'm living in an unpainted house and someone wants to help paint the house for me, the person will seek my consent first. Even in medicine, you cannot administer any treatment to a patient except they consent.

Well, you're just like your ogas at the top. Why go to the FG when you know that the FG is irresponsible and will be turned down by political views? And by that having the locals and motorists suffer the dilapidation of the road. Your illustration is not valid.

1 Like

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by karlmax2: 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
Has he finished the delapidated roads in ogun state, ogun has one of the worst state roads in the south west he has not done that his jumping to federal road!!! Doea he wants to open toll gate for his master on a federal road morons in power. Amosun should Concentrate on delivering what he promised ogun people state roads are a very bad he should fix it and stop playing politics with the FG. A lot of morons on nairaland lately

1 Like

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by SEYIKP(m): 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
AMOSUN ON D MOVE, AJIMOBI AT WORK, ACN UNSTOPPABLE, SOUTH WEST ON THE WAY TO STARDOM.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Re-Construct Ijebu-Ode FG Road - Amosun by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2013

this guy always make me sick. you have No working brain. is it not the same way they did in Lagos?
and due process is awarding contract 2010 and executing it shabby in 2013? uh ?Mr abati

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MKO Abiola's Posthumous 81st Birthday Is Today, Watch How He Celebrated His 50th / APC Welcomes Appointment Of New Service Chiefs / Femi Adesina: Buhari To Sign Electoral Bill In A Matter Of Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.