Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,307 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member (16760 Views)

Aggrieved PDP Reps Member-elect Write President Buhari / Exposed: Reason Why US Refuses To Sell Arm To Fight BH / CPC House Of Reps Member Beaten By Constituents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Maxymilliano(m): 9:30am On Apr 09, 2013
HE arrived at the Consular office of the United States in Abuja last week in a flowing agbada, bearing his self-importance on his lapel. By the time he left, however, a member of the House of Representatives from the South West cut a pitiable sight: He had been denied visa.

That was after he had banged tables and engaged consular officers in a hot argument, consular sources confirmed to the Nigerian Compass. He had also issued several threats against the consular official who had demanded proof of his claim that he is a member of the federal legislative body.

The lawmaker, names withheld, flew into a rage when asked to produce his Certificate of Return, usually issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to successful election candidates.

In response, he repeatedly told the consular officer: "Don't you know I am the lawmaker of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?" He banged the table several times, and the official told the Nigerian “Big Man”: "Do you know that I reserve the right to deny you or to approve your application?"

It was reliably gathered that the lawmaker continued to bang the table and, the official subsequently drew the glass shield between him and the Nigerian big man, signifying the end of discussion.

A letter by the embassy refusing the visa application was, however, silent on the dramatic exchange between the legislator and the official. It simply read: "We have carefully examined your case and regret to inform you that you have been found ineligible for a non-immigrant visa under section 214[b] of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

"This may have been because you either did not demonstrate strong ties outside the United States or you were unable to demonstrate that your intended activities would be consistent with the type of visa for which you applied".

The letter continued: "To be eligible for a non-immigrant visa you must show that you meet the legal requirement of the type of visa for which you applied and that you will depart the United Sates at the end of your authorised stay.

"Today's decision cannot be appealed. You are welcome to reapply in the future, particularly if you feel there has been a significant change in your circumstances, or if you have additional compelling evidence to support your case that you did not present today".

When contacted, the lawmaker confirmed that he appeared before the Consular office and that his application was refused. He blamed the refusal on the handlers of the application process who, according to him, "did not tell me what to say.

They did not tell me the documents to take along, they were asking me of the INEC certificate which I did not know they would ask of. I have never been to the USA, so I did not know the evidence they would ask me to present.”

http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/component/content/article/35-headlines/12150-us-refuses-visa-to-unruly-reps-member
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by wawaboy1(m): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2013
This pple always like to disgrace us.

1 Like

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 09, 2013
Maxymilliano

In response, he repeatedly told the consular officer: "Don't you know I am the lawmaker of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?" He banged the table several times, and the official told the Nigerian “Big Man”: "Do you know that I reserve the right to deny you or to approve your application?"

They did not tell me the documents to take along, they were asking me of the INEC certificate which I did not know they would ask of. I have never been to the USA, so I did not know the evidence they would ask me to present.”

You deserved to be denied. What an arrogant man

If you arrange your home well, you wont be needing a visa to visit the USA.

You are only respected within the shore of naija, no one gives a f.uck about you outsides its border, not even the embassy.

Ignorant old man

16 Likes

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by lifestyle1(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2013
cheesy
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by tommykiwi(m): 10:24am On Apr 09, 2013
Before him think say U.S na Ghana....

2 Likes

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Scarpon(m): 10:26am On Apr 09, 2013
so their do deny big politicians visa
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by vlove1: 10:26am On Apr 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:27am On Apr 09, 2013
he is a learner, no matter how big you are Americans dont give a f**k

1 Like

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Kairoseki77: 10:27am On Apr 09, 2013

Naija big man is little fish in America.

5 Likes

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by elari(m): 10:28am On Apr 09, 2013
Banging tables and doing some bragging stunts? Hmmm! Maybe he felt he was in one nigerian company

1 Like

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by greall1: 10:28am On Apr 09, 2013
Ok
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 09, 2013
Shameless touts in Nigeria making our laws. Their relevance ends in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by johnwizey: 10:28am On Apr 09, 2013
Wetin concern me
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 09, 2013
Bros see hw u just disgrace urself. big man ni.big fool.
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by ajos(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2013
hahahaha banging d table....nigeria big men/women r not humble and polite....too lyk to show up...follow simple procedures u dey claim....na wetin we too dey see for embassy....mad politicians may be him don high....
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Edoboy1(m): 10:30am On Apr 09, 2013
That's good for him. They should keep trating them like that. They see themselves as god. Well thank God,I made front page.
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by POLICECAP: 10:30am On Apr 09, 2013
Southwest Which Sort of people occupy that zone again undecided

8 Likes

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2013
"Big man" throwing a tantrum... lol...Pathetic.
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2013
wawa_boy: This pple always like to disgrace us.
What are u talking?
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by KingPradas(m): 10:32am On Apr 09, 2013
This is one of the reason, Americans don't have respect for us. Americans don't care if you're house of rep member because you're are not from their country.
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Ngwakwe: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2013
We are expecting hundreds of counter editorials from SW media and self acclaimed legal luminaries to condemn the US embassy on this singular act of disgrace by uncultured Nigerian Law breaker and not Law maker.

2 Likes

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by dridowu: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2013
So hapi
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by ajayi147(m): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2013
Na ogun go kill d idiot lipsrsealed
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by ochukoccna: 10:34am On Apr 09, 2013
A little courtesy would have sufficed
Nigerians and their BIG MAN:DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM mindset
Mtsheeew
Once upon a time, no be this Nigeria wey one presidential candidate dey ask for debate expo questions come debate with himself last last. undecided
I no know hin name O! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Wazobia9ja: 10:35am On Apr 09, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Bros see hw u just disgrace urself. big man ni.big fool.
heeee! What a country?
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by ichommy(m): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2013
Hmmm
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Heatblast(m): 10:36am On Apr 09, 2013
#Np davido - No visa grin
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 09, 2013
I wish to know this honourable man wink
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Rouqui(f): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2013
If u b king 4 ur area leave am like dat!....he wanted forming pappaz....

1 Like

Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Wazobia9ja: 10:38am On Apr 09, 2013
ochukoccna: A little courtesy would have sufficed
Nigerians and their BIG MAN:DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM mindset
Mtsheeew
Once upon a time, no be this Nigeria wey one presidential candidate dey ask for debate expo questions come debate with himself last last. undecided
I no know hin name O! grin grin
retardeen gej.
Re: US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member by Maxymilliano(m): 10:38am On Apr 09, 2013
He he he he he! The eediiot carried his Oga at the top mentality to the doorstep of the Americans and got his 'Ogahood' seriously undermined ... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? / Udom: Ibom Air To Get 10 Additional Aircraft / Appeal Court Upholds Conviction Of Faisal Maina, reduces jail term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.