Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

My Neighbours - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Neighbours (4136 Views)

Must Read: Commynity Slut….our New Neighbours / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2 / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbours by omotol(f): 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
Hello my name is Omotola. Am nt a writer I just feel like sharing my experience with my neighbour with u guys. D funny aspect of it actually. So I want u guys to give me a go ahead. I promise nt to dissapoint u.
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
I will start dis story by introducing myself and my neighbours. Firstly, my name is Omotola (as stated earlier) and the names of my neighbours in dis story are femi,bada,sam,and brenda( not their real names). We all stay in one of the popular and expensive outside school hostel in FUNAAB. My neighbours are the most humourous people I ave ever seen in my whole life. Femi is a chain smoker, he is kind of short and he has this kind of face dat makes u think he is a street urchin. He is a very good womaniser and he is very funny and raw( he talk about sex like it is a child play). Bada on the other side is fine smoker(I don't knw we have a fine and ugly smoker, my neighbours made me know that). He is my next door neighbour. Bada is this kind of people that think they can acquire things by just mere bragging of them. He shld represent Nigeria in lies competition (if there is one). He later stop after we start disgracing him. Brenda is d female version of bada but she does nt smoke, she can finish a brewery if given oppourtunity to be there without it showing on her face. I used to think maybe she was being bapmitised in beer nt only beer oooo, I don't see d kind of liqour brenda can't take. She's addicted.brenda is very jovial and she is very fluent in english but she is very ugly. The first time I saw her I almost tell her to get a license for being dat ugly, the worst of all is she will paint her face like ojuju calabar. But she is blessed naturally(big breast and bum). Sam is a finalist but he is very humble ,that makes him to be everybody's friend.
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
I will start the real story anytime am free because of school works. Pls criticzise my story constructively. Let me knw views abeg nairalanders.
Re: My Neighbours by PetDancer(f): 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ehen
Re: My Neighbours by VanTee20(m): 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
The story looks promising. *subscribing*
Re: My Neighbours by pfijacobs(m): 7:33am On Apr 10, 2013
;DNo vex... @op mind ur grammar which 1 is he is d most humour person U̶̲̥̅̊ know.... The adjective is 'humorous' not humour.. Nice story o... Do U̶̲̥̅̊ av D̶̲̥̅̊at̶̲̥̅̊ ugly girls numba? kiss
Re: My Neighbours by Mynd44: 7:38am On Apr 10, 2013
Looks more like diary section stuff to me.
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 8:05am On Apr 10, 2013
Mynd_44: Looks more like diary section stuff to me.
I want it here pls nt diary section
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 8:07am On Apr 10, 2013
pfijacobs: ;DNo vex... @op mind ur grammar which 1 is he is d most humour person U̶̲̥̅̊ know.... The adjective is 'humorous' not humour.. Nice story o... Do U̶̲̥̅̊ av D̶̲̥̅̊at̶̲̥̅̊ ugly girls numba? kiss
Thanks, I really appreciate dat. Noted
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2013
I will post it has wat happened week by week. The real story start soon. Watch out
Re: My Neighbours by Mynd44: 8:09am On Apr 10, 2013
omotol@:
I want it here pls nt diary section
Okay. Noted
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2013
Thanks
Mynd_44:
Okay. Noted
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 8:44am On Apr 10, 2013
WEEK ONE

This is when we resume as a fresh student. Many activities are going on like registration an stuffs. According to the staylite you know the freshers by their look and fresh faces. I met femi on the staircases as I was about getting something from downstairs. We greeted,he asked me of my name which I told him and he also told me his. He showed me his room. He told me he didn't bring his stove and ask if I can cook for him which I obliged (but I was wondering within me how can someone forget stove of all things). I ask him what he will like to eat but he insist I cook wat I feel like cooking ,after cooking I took d food to his room. I wanted to leave immediately but he insist I gist with him in his room which I refuse(because I wasn't feeling comfortable @ all, dis is a guy I just met). The next day he thanked me for the food and told me dat unlike brenda dat gave him bread and maize (he was actually expecting a good food cos brenda is kind of proud) that I gave him d food he like(spagetti and turkey). I don't even know d gal brenda and my next door neigbour but I met bada in a memorable way the next day.
Re: My Neighbours by repogirl(f): 9:50am On Apr 10, 2013
Hmmm, firstly I'll say well done for your effort, it all seems promising but the grammatical errors are extensive and can put someone off reading. Is it possible to get someone to proof read and correct mistakes?
Campus stories are really interesting especially when you have fun housemates, there's promise here but the errors aren't making it too nice.
Thanks, I'm follow-following.
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 10:33am On Apr 10, 2013
The next day I woke up perceiving weed. The smoke is so much dat I was force to think there is an invisible being in my room smoking weed cos I have no roomates but my windows are opened.(roomates aren't allowed in my hostel,single person to a room). I quickly stand up and do my house chores,bath and leave the hostel for school but as I was passing the room next to mine I can see and percieve weed smoke." So this is where the irritating odour is coming from. The occupant of this room must be a psycho for him to smoke this much early in the morning" I muttered under breath(because I couldn't even breathe convenently). If you are coming from outside,you will actually thought a room is on fire, the smoke is just too much. I later learnt that there are more than one guy inside( bada and his fine smoker friends).I guess dat's why the smoke is much. As I was coming back fom school in the afternoon, I met femi and bada outside talking. I greeted them and femi introduced us to each other. I couldn't believe my eys cos bada is every woman dream. He is medium in height,have a chocolate skin,a very handsome face, his beards is well trimmed. You will never think such person can hold a cigarette stick not to talk of smoking weed. I look into his room and saw people(his friends) smoking their lifes out like there's no tomorrow." He is not a smoker actually"I thought. They wanted to engaged me into their talk but I quickly left them to my room.(I don't get along with people easily),I had a cold bath,prepare food for myself. I was still think of what happened in the morning, when I dozed off. The next day was a friday I decided not to go to school because I want to go home(my place). I was packing my bag when I heard people talking outside,I opened my door to see femi,bada,one other guy and a gal( I later learnt that her name is brenda). They are talking about food. They want brenda to cook for them."mtsheeeeeeew,somepeople will still eat poison" I said to myself. In the evening I left for my place and come back the next sunday.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2013
Am nt a writer, I just want to give a try. Thanks, I will check my grammar
repogirl: Hmmm, firstly I'll say well done for your effort, it all seems promising but the grammatical errors are extensive and can put someone off reading. Is it possible to get someone to proof read and correct mistakes?
Campus stories are really interesting especially when you have fun housemates, there's promise here but the errors aren't making it too nice.
Thanks, I'm follow-following.
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 10:48am On Apr 10, 2013
Pls,u guys shld nt mind my grammar ooooooo. Am just giving it a try
Re: My Neighbours by Birdrock(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
omotol@ i dey gbadun ur write up oo coolomotol@ i dey gbadun ur write up oo! Sey History dey Funnab ni?
Re: My Neighbours by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 12, 2013
Not being a writer doesn't justify your grammatical errors. It makes the story lose its appeal in my opinion. For a university undergraduate, this is really not standard enough. Since Brenda speaks good english, get her to edit your work before you post.

Nice story, by the way.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2013
I will try and edit my work before posting. My english is nt dat bad. Thank u all for your comment.
Re: My Neighbours by repogirl(f): 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
Its mostly your tenses, past, present and present continuous are all mixed up, if you can work on that, it shld be fine enough.

So... Hafa na? No tori today?
Re: My Neighbours by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
omotol@:
I will try and edit my work before posting. My english is nt dat bad. Thank u all for your comment.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Miss Nice Writer. I still insist that the abundance of grammatical blunders in your tales leaves a sour taste. I think you write the way you speak your mother tongue, and that explains your wrong tenses and all. Don't tell me to get off your case, I won't, because I know the makings of a good story when I see one. And if its about your ego, forget it. Even writers like Ishilove and Frank listen to critics.

Thanks for the next error-free update in advance!
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2013
WEEK TWO

Monday
Seriously in my own opinion,I think mondays and tuesdays should be remove from the calendar, these days always comes with boredom and stress especially mondays. The school registration continues.
I was woken up with a loud bang on my door. Seriously,I almost jump out of my skin. The person at door was not even making it easy for me because he just kept on banging the door(I don't know where some people keep their manners).I was already peeing on my body because I thought maybe my brothers from the underworld came to visit me. I checked my phone for the time it was 7:15am
"Armed robber have started robbing in the morning, I thought they only visit people in the night or so I thought" I said that to myself before I gather the courage to say
"Who be the were(lunatic) wey wan remove my door". Saying that I was already scanning my room for hiding place. Don't blame me oooo, the bangs were just too terrifying and to say it is a student that was knocking that way is wrong because my door was really shaking.
"Na me, Femi come open the door" was what came from outside.
I was relieved and angry at same time but I opened the door.
"Why u dey knock my door like dat,u wan make I shit for body" I said angrily.
"No vex abeg, I wan make u give me matches"
"Matches,wetin u wan use am do. Them don bring ur stove" I remember he told me his parent or sister will bring him stove during the weekend.
"Nah,dem no bring am"
"So na wetin u wan take matches do naa"
"Just give me abeg I go tell u later". With a confused look, I went back inside to give him what he want. I later learnt he used it to light up(smoke).

After he left, I started preparing for school. I still kind of like appreciate the fact that he woke me up that morning because I was already running late. In my school, you line up for everything(u wan collect ticket for Mancot, u go line up. U wan enter am na the same thing). So if I don't get to school early I will be force to stay under the Abeokuta sun(the sun in abk can cook rice if nt beans within 20mins. Umbrella can do nothing in this kind of sun.) waiting for my turn.

@ repogirl thanks, ur comments are really encouraging. I will post the remaining later today or tomorrow.
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
I expect people to share their ideas,that is the main reason am writing here at first. Keep it coming, u are doing me a favour, so aw can I ask you to stop commenting.
mollytinrox:

Sorry to burst your bubble, Miss Nice Writer. I still insist that the abundance of grammatical blunders in your tales leaves a sour taste. I think you write the way you speak your mother tongue, and that explains your wrong tenses and all. Don't tell me to get off your case, I won't, because I know the makings of a good story when I see one. And if its about your ego, forget it. Even writers like Ishilove and Frank listen to critics.

Thanks for the next error-free update in advance!
Re: My Neighbours by VanTee20(m): 4:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
Your latest update is better compared to the earlier ones, but you can still do better, you knowsmiley.
Re: My Neighbours by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
And it gets better! You go gurl! Now, you can see what I was talking about.
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
FUNAAB registration is very stressful and there is no way you can escape or avoid it,even if you are able to avoid it till your final year, you will be force to do with the freshers and you must complete it. i dont't think a student can graduate without doing it.

On Wednesday, i was going to school to complete my registration in the school libary and i went to my HOD's office to submit some forms and open a file for myself. i was about decending the stairs when i heard someone greeting me from behind. i answered without looking back at the person but it seems the person was not bothered by that because she asked me if i was going to school. "which kind mumu question be this now" i thought but i looked back to answer her anyway.
" Yes,as you can see i wasn't dressed for party or club" i said with a fake smile. she must have noticed the sarcasm in my words.
" Sorry for that, i was thinking if you can wait for me.so we can go together" she said.
" No problem, just make it fast please."
" I wont take much of your time, dont worry."

After waiting for about 5mins, she joined me outside and we walked to the park together. she introduced herself.
Her name is BRENDA, she is the only gal and the first child in her family. Her dad is a Ghanian but her mum is a native of Ekiti state. She told me she was given an admission to study MCB(micro biology) but she changed it to BIO(biological science). when she told me that i was wondering in my mind how somebody in his or her right sense could change MCB for BIO. which one is preferable and this is someone that told me her dad is a doctor.
"sorry please,what level are you" i asked with a surprise because a friend of mine in 300'level, once told me that if FUNAAB should give you admission to study any course, you must try and bring the best out of the course because changing of department is very hard in FUNAAB.
"Am a fresher like you. Why asking?"
"nothing just a little bit surprise and how do you change your department"
"my parent paid a lecturer to do it" she said confidently.
"this gal must be a terrible liar" i thought. Even if changing department in FUNAAB is easy won't she have a GP before doing that. i was still thinking about that when the cab we board stopped. My college is far from her own,so we parted at the park inside school.
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
the next update will be next week.thank guys for your comment so far
Re: My Neighbours by repogirl(f): 9:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
Very very good job with your grammar, it flowed really well but I thought the update was quite short and uneventful although I understand it was how you met Brenda. Apart from your neighbours, there should be some interesting happenings in school, gossip, whatever. Just try to spicen it up a bit. Great job for now, more power to your elbow.
Re: My Neighbours by omotol(f): 10:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
Thanks repogirl, I really appreciate your effort. Have been thinking of that too. I will do just that.
repogirl: Very very good job with your grammar, it flowed really well but I thought the update was quite short and uneventful although I understand it was how you met Brenda. Apart from your neighbours, there should be some interesting happenings in school, gossip, whatever. Just try to spicen it up a bit. Great job for now, more power to your elbow.
Re: My Neighbours by Neduzze5(m): 12:49am On Apr 14, 2013
Nice work! **subscribing** but if you no increase the length of your update, I will un subscribe sharpaly!!

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Assault: My Ordeal / Confessions Of A Bookworm. / Boko Haram: Letter To Mr President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.