Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD (1294 Views)

Channels TV Anchor's Phone Rang On Live TV (Photos) / Anchor Baby Movie Trailer Watch It Here Now. / Anchor Baby in Nigerian Cinemas Soon! December 10th 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2013
[img]http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=NGwkpoPKpsg0yM&tbnid=VVjE3YTUE98HjM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.myopera.com%2FAY009%2Fblog%2FAnchor%2520Baby___.jpg&ei=kW1kUaLLJ9K6hAfO1oCACA&psig=AFQjCNFEhQ6AInzAwds9ZmM6IKIIjGwT8w&ust=1365622545691444[/img] Lonzo Nzekwe’s acclaimed movie, Anchor Baby will be released on DVD in Nigeria, Europe, and North America, on March 21. Anchor Baby was directed by Lonzo Nzekwe, and it stars Omoni Oboli, Sam Sarpong, Terri Oliver, and Michael Scratch. In 2010, Anchor Baby won the award for Best Feature Film at the Harlem International Film Festival. .
Lonzo Nzekwe won the award for Best Screenplay at the Los Angeles Movie Awards, for Anchor Baby. Omoni Oboli won the award for Best Actress (Narrative Feature) at the Los Angeles Movie Awards for her role in Anchor Baby. She also won the award for Best Actress at the Harlem International Film Festival, for Anchor Baby.

Anchor Baby had it’s theatrical release in Nigeria in 2010. It had it’s theatrical release in Ghana and the United Kingdom, in 2011.

Plot Outline
Married, illegal immigrant couple Joyce (Omoni Oboli) and Paul Unanga (Sam Sarpong) have been ordered by the U.S. immigration to leave the country. They decide that they will leave, but only after Joyce, who is five months pregnant, delivers her baby in the U.S. This will guarantee automatic U.S. citizenship for their child. Ignoring the deportation order the couple goes into hiding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yx_kiBOZDA

Source

Grab your copy now!!!! this movie is really interesting
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by VillageBoi(m): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ooh NICE. I'm buying that.

EDIT - Just clicked the link... yay it mentioned Europe too. Na so before some deebeedee from US they go say "Deebeedee cost Naa dolla naattynaa shipping tarty dolla." Who go pay $30 for shipping? Chop ya mugu.
Well done Europe for joining the list.
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
VillageBoi:
Ooh NICE. I'm buying that.

Same here. I really loved it when i saw it at the movies 2 to 3 years ago. Good to see these movies are finally getting released on DVD *sighs*
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by VillageBoi(m): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
speedyboi:

Same here. I really loved it when i saw it at the movies 2 to 3 years ago. Good to see these movies are finally getting released on DVD *sighs*

Exactly. Phew we do suffer a long wait... Na pirates cause am; they have to do the cinema rounds & online stuff for as long as possible to get their money back. Some films are just worth it though.

1 Like

Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 28, 2013
On another note, i'm getting a feeling that i may not like the film like i did before. Cos it came out during those 'IJE The journey' periods; And I was always stunned by Nollywood flicks embracing quality at that time. But after seeing so many better and superb works over the years, Ije's charms disappeared when i watched the DVD. I hope i won't have the same feeling after watching anchor baby.

Meanwhile, has anyone gotten the DVD, review it joor!
Semid4lyfe....buy ooo cheesy
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by VillageBoi(m): 1:37am On Apr 28, 2013
speedyboi: But after seeing so many better and superb works over the years, Ije's charms disappeared when i watched the DVD. I hope i won't have the same feeling after watching anchor baby.

I never liked Ije at all. Anchor Baby, to me, is a better film than it by miles.
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by ijebabe: 7:43am On Apr 28, 2013
speedyboi: Ije's charms disappeared when i watched the DVD.
VillageBoi:
I never liked Ije at all.
You know how weird these comments sound right? grin
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by VillageBoi(m): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2013
ijebabe:

Hahahahahaha LMAOFUTMTWIACO! - (Laffing My A$$ Off From Up The Mango Tree Where I Am Chilling Out!)

You need to sue the producers of the film for defamation of character teehee!
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijebabe:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin wink embarassed lipsrsealed kiss

VillageBoi:

Hahahahahaha LMAOFUTMTWIACO! - (Laffing My A$$ Off From Up The Mango Tree Where I Am Chilling Out!)

[B]You need to sue the producers of the film for defamation of character teehee![/B]
grin grin grin grin. I never knew she copyrighted her name shocked grin grin cheesy
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by lynx200(m): 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
I have just watched the anchor baby DVD and there is only one thing I can say for it. Terrible execution of a nice story premise. The only good thing was the picture and sound quality but the story itself was long, slow and boring. Apart from Omoni the acting was amateurish and terrible most especially Omoni's husband (Heard he was chosen because he's a model HAA!)There are some plots I disagree with (a counterfeiter hosting you in his home for business, yeah right that exposes you to the law, Omoni sitting outside in the full glare of the public despite knowing the cops are after her and the inadequate exposure of Lorenzo and his police team which I feel would have made for a richer story) The only time I sat up was the cliff hanger but that was towards the end. The director is a debutant but ije was made by a debutant and yet didnt feel like a b movie which anchor baby felt like Well if u wanna buy it fine but considering the hype anchor baby is a big disappointment.
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
lynx200: I have just watched the anchor baby DVD and there is only one thing I can say for it. Terrible execution of a nice story premise. The only good thing was the picture and sound quality but the story itself was long, slow and boring. Apart from Omoni the acting was amateurish and terrible most especially Omoni's husband (Heard he was chosen because he's a model HAA!)There are some plots I disagree with (a counterfeiter hosting you in his home for business, yeah right that exposes you to the law, Omoni sitting outside in the full glare of the public despite knowing the cops are after her and the inadequate exposure of Lorenzo and his police team which I feel would have made for a richer story) The only time I sat up was the cliff hanger but that was towards the end. The director is a debutant but ije was made by a debutant and yet didnt feel like a b movie which anchor baby felt like Well if u wanna buy it fine but considering the hype anchor baby is a big disappointment.

*sighs*
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by VillageBoi(m): 2:13am On Apr 29, 2013
lynx200: The director is a debutant but ije was made by a debutant and yet didnt feel like a b movie which anchor baby felt like Well if u wanna buy it fine but considering the hype anchor baby is a big disappointment.

Hmmmm. I saw Anchor Baby at the cinemas, I liked it then and still like it a lot. In my opinion 'IJE: The Journey' was so poorly researched and the main key bits were so boring that I couldn't stand it at all... would not watch it again if they paid me.

Nothing wrong in people having a different view of a film. Na so art be.
Re: Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD by VillageBoi(m): 2:14am On Apr 29, 2013
speedyboi:
*sighs*

I'm still buying it.

(1) (Reply)

Hollywood Vs Bollywood / Dj Switch (Obianuju Udeh) Wins Glo X-factor / I Am Interested In Becoming A Movie Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.