Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,628 members, 7,851,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

Are You An Only Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You An Only Child? (1129 Views)

How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. / Being The Only Child Of Your Parents: How Has It Been Like? / Would U Enjoy Being An Only Child, Only Male Or Female In Your Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You An Only Child? by msripley: 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2008
I was asking my siblings a while ago whether they knew any Nigerians who were only children and together we could only come up with one. I know that in the West, generally, there appears to be no great pressure to populate the earth but children appear to be very important to Nigerians.

Could you share your experiences of being an only child? Did your parents get any pressure to have more children? Did you ever feel lonely as an only child? Were you more pampered because you were an only child? etc.

Thank you for sharing.

ms ripley
Re: Are You An Only Child? by SeanT21(f): 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2008
I am not an only child. Eventhough i found my two brothers annoying i still love them.
Re: Are You An Only Child? by sistajay(f): 5:22pm On Apr 05, 2008
Sometimes wished I was so I can have all the attention. smiley
Re: Are You An Only Child? by Cadet(f): 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2008
No. . .am too old to worry about getting attention.
Re: Are You An Only Child? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 05, 2008
No, I wasn't an only child.
Re: Are You An Only Child? by msripley: 12:32am On Apr 06, 2008
Thank you for all your replies so far. The search for an only child continues.

I was the middle of 5 children. I think i value quiet more as a result of it.

Please keep the replies coming.

Thanks
Re: Are You An Only Child? by iice(f): 2:57am On Apr 06, 2008
Not an only child and never wanted to be.
Re: Are You An Only Child? by almondjoy(f): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2008
Thank the Heavens no! cry Life would have been miserable and so boring! I would never have gotten married. . .having never learned how to fight agberos! cheesy
Re: Are You An Only Child? by lusciouss(f): 10:54pm On Apr 10, 2008
No, I'm glad I'm not.
Re: Are You An Only Child? by malaika(f): 7:58am On Apr 11, 2008
::
Re: Are You An Only Child? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2008
Nope, I am one of four kids tongue
Re: Are You An Only Child? by uosifo: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2008
No, i am not cheesy
Re: Are You An Only Child? by msripley: 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2008
Malaika,

Thanks for your reply. Apart from the overprotectiveness, did your parents spoil you? On a day to day basis, when cousins etc are not around, who did u hang out with as a kid? I have 4 other siblings so was never short of someone to speak to and we did not mix much with other kids in the area when i was a kid.

Was it ever discussed, by others, the fact that u were/are an only child?

(1) (Reply)

Can I Make Entry In Any Welfare Office In Nigeria? / Breakingnews: Pipeline Exploded At Ogolonto Area In Ikorodu, Firefighter Needed / Is This Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.