Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. (1859 Views)

I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / My Wife Still Sends Pictures To Her Ex Boyfriend, I Feel Cheated & Heartbroken / I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Godswillnwaoma(m): 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
My dad and mum had only one child and the child is me. I,m their only hope, my mum pampered me very well when i was growing up even up till now that i,m in twenties. But apart that i feel so lonely, whenever i see little childreen i weep wishing they are my sibblings, that why i love childreen very much. My mum always ring it as bell that i must get married immidiately after my nysc weather i have job or not, sometimes we querrel over it when ever the issue of marriage is raised.. As an only child i think we are the most lonely person on earth. If you are the only child of your parents share your expirience.
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by NakedEve: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
Godswillnwaoma:
My dad and mum had only one child and the child is me. I,m their only hope, my mum pampered me very well when i was growing up even up till now that i,m in twenties. But apart that i feel so lonely, whenever i see little childreen i weep wishing they are my sibblings, that why i love childreen very much. My mum always ring it as bell that i must get married immidiately after my nysc weather i have job or not, sometimes we querrel over it when ever the issue of marriage is raised.. As an only child i think we are the most lonely person on earth. If you are the only child of your parents share your expirience.

Come n marry me an.
I will give u free kitty cat
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by utenwuson: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
I feel ur pain bro
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Godswillnwaoma(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
NakedEve:

Come n marry me an. I will give u free kitty cat
u no well

3 Likes

Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Godswillnwaoma(m): 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
utenwuson:
I feel ur pain bro
that is it bro, its never easy.
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
eya dooh
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Dyt(f): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
Even when they have plenty
I still rem my mums slogan
E lo bimo
Goan born
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by JudgementHammer: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
Lonely ko lonely ni. U beta thank God for ur case.

I'm d only child of parents too and they're not 2gether. My dad left for anoda woman since I was a baby claiming that my mother's rigidity is unbearable. It is that unbearably rigid mother that raised me alone. There was no such thing as pampering, its d last thing u would see here. Flogging to bleeding point and going to bed hungry as punishment is what my childhood was full of. To play with my peers was a taboo. That's to mention a few

Men came but her heart is hardened and she's been single since then. My maternal uncle and aunts left us alone cuz of her wahala and I don't knw my paternal ones. I have to relate with certain family friends and my dad without her knowledge just for peace sake. Men means nothing to her and she even threaten them on little mistakes cuz she works with d force. Her work is anoda issue I don't like telling ppl abt cuz she doesn't spend or gives me much believing that she'll loose all her investment on me to my dad. Yet me on my own part don't want to be familiar with my dad's family yet cuz I don't trust my stepmum over my life since I'm d only one for my mum who doesn't even value me. Do u knw what it means to have a battered ego from a masculine and domineering mother?

So my dear, ure not lonely at all. At least u gat care. Loneliness is not loneliness if poverty and lack of care is not experienced with it. So thank God for ur own

6 Likes

Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Pidggin(f): 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
Godswillnwaoma:

Eyah, you should have tried getting close to your relative especially those close to your age, it helps alot
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Godswillnwaoma(m): 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
JudgementHammer:

I'm d only child of parents too and they're not 2gether. My dad left for an affair with anoda woman since I was a baby claiming that my mother's rigidity is unbearable. It is that unbearably rigid mother that raised me alone. There was no such thing as pampering, its d last thing u would see here. Flogging to bleeding point and going to bed hungry as punishment is what my childhood was full of. To play with my peers was a taboo. That's to mention a few

Men came but her heart is hardened and she's been single since then. I have to relate with certain family friends and my dad without her knowledge just for peace sake. Men means nothing to her and she even terrorize them on little mistakes cuz she works with d force. Her work is anoda issue I don't like telling ppl abt cuz she doesn't spend or gives me much believing that she'll loose all her investment on me to my dad. Yet me on my own part don't want to be familiar with my dad's family yet cuz I don't trust my stepmum over my life since I'm d only one for my mum who doesn't even value me.

So my dear, ure not lonely at all. At least u gat care. Loneliness is not loneliness if poverty and lack of care is not experienced with it
I feel your pain bro.
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Richy4(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2015
JudgementHammer:

I'm d only child of parents too and they're not 2gether. My dad left for anoda woman since I was a baby claiming that my mother's rigidity is unbearable. It is that unbearably rigid mother that raised me alone. There was no such thing as pampering, its d last thing u would see here. Flogging to bleeding point and going to bed hungry as punishment is what my childhood was full of. To play with my peers was a taboo. That's to mention a few

Men came but her heart is hardened and she's been single since then. My maternal uncle and aunts left us alone cuz of her wahala and I don't knw my paternal ones. I have to relate with certain family friends and my dad without her knowledge just for peace sake. Men means nothing to her and she even threaten them on little mistakes cuz she works with d force. Her work is anoda issue I don't like telling ppl abt cuz she doesn't spend or gives me much believing that she'll loose all her investment on me to my dad. Yet me on my own part don't want to be familiar with my dad's family yet cuz I don't trust my stepmum over my life since I'm d only one for my mum who doesn't even value me. Do u knw what it means to have a battered ego from a masculine and domineering mother?

So my dear, ure not lonely at all. At least u gat care. Loneliness is not loneliness if poverty and lack of care is not experienced with it. So thank God for ur own

Any one can recognise a write up from the heart....... Hang in there man, it will be ok in future. You were being prepared for something great........

2 Likes

Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by JudgementHammer: 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
Richy4:

Any one can recognise a write up from the heart....... Hang in there man, it will be ok in future. You were being prepared for something great........
Amen. Tnk u bro
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Ginaz(f): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
Godswillnwaoma:

I'm the only child of my mum, dad left us on his free will. I have never felt lonely though sometimes I wish i had a blood kin or something. My mum's family filled that void in my life, till today I feel like everybody is my sister or brother in my maternal family. I read novels a lot, I think it helps lol. Mom gives me anything I want, she doesn't beat me though she shouts a lot. grin

I'm still an only child till now, that makes us brother and sister in dilemma eh? Lol cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by BluStreak(m): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
JudgementHammer:

embarassed embarassed this brought me to tears. Please take heart bro. Pls try to shake off the negativity as you journey through life so you won't replicate it on ur wife and kids. It is well with you.

We really don't know what blessings we have until we hear other people's story. I bless your name God for the privilege I had.

1 Like

Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by Nnetriplet: 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
To think there was a time I envied children like you, I felt you guyz were "privelleged"...
Re: How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents. by placeofallure(f): 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
JudgementHammer:

This life is full of lessons, the Lord is your shepherd bro.

(1) (Reply)

Lol!!! Look At How This Man Celebrated The Birth Of His Baby Boy (pics) / Guess The Sex Of Your Unborn Child With These Few Old Wives Tales/tips / Woman And 2 Sons Living In A Toilet For 6 Years As Her Life Turns Upside-down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.