Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Lagosians Hear "Boko Haram", "Bomb", And "Lagos" And Start Praying - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Hear "Boko Haram", "Bomb", And "Lagos" And Start Praying (454 Views)

Buhari Plans To Bomb And Destroy The Niger-delta, Says IYC / Nigerian Soldiers Discover Boko Haram Bomb Making Factory In Yobe (photos) / OPERATION SAVE ABUJA: Nigeria Second Civil War They Would Bomb And Destroy Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagosians Hear "Boko Haram", "Bomb", And "Lagos" And Start Praying by Fabiens(m): 11:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ignore the pun in the title.

I was mildly surprised by the furore of comments when news got around on a boko haram plot to bomb 3rd mainland bridge. Seriously, what did we expect? If your neighbour can't sleep, you also won't sleep. It is sad to hear all the bad news from the north, senseless killings and all. The opinion in the south (not just lagos), is more of - let them bomb themselves, they just shouldn't come here. The truth is, if the north is unstable, eventually the south will be unstable. History teaches that.

I believe we should all be concerned for people in the north. Most killed are innocent people. None of the bigwigs are attacked. Yes, Nigeria is not one ethnic group, and we might not speak their language, but we should be bothered and look for a way to solve the issue. France recently demonstrated that with Mali. A terrorist controlled Mali is just a springboard to attack other countries, and western powers. Negligence in the north is what has given them the audacity to try raids on the south. A stitch in time saves nine.

If I am wrong in my analysis, please correct me constructively.
Re: Lagosians Hear "Boko Haram", "Bomb", And "Lagos" And Start Praying by sheedy407(m): 12:01am On Apr 10, 2013
Ignor d content of the pun nd concerntrate on orda pun

(1) (Reply)

We Will Deal With MEND - Nigeria Army Threatened / Ajimobi Sacks Ladoja's Nominees / Okonjo-iweala On Amanpour (read Transcript) #full Interview#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.