Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Can I Pay Tithe With Pool Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay Tithe With Pool Money? (703 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Pay Tithe With Pool Money? by fubbyy(m): 9:38am On Apr 11, 2013
I can't ask my pastor this question because I know he will be so disappointed in me for being a pool player

My last week number tied , though the promoter delayed me and I was paid yesterday

And I believe in tithe but always have this taught that pool's money is not so clean in the sight of the lord, I don't know if am right

So my question is can I pay my tithe from this money?

Pls comment let me know what's up b4 I blow it all
Re: Can I Pay Tithe With Pool Money? by Seun(m): 9:40am On Apr 11, 2013
You should not pay tithes with any kind of money.
It's an Old Testament practice and the tithes were not paid with money.
Also, instead of blowing all the money, you should invest it. See www.nairaland.com/investment

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay Tithe With Pool Money? by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 11, 2013
Seun: You should not pay tithes with any kind of money.
Also, instead of blowing all the money, you should invest it. See www.nairaland.com/investment

Lol see Oga Seun o..

@Op: why not donate some to charity?
Re: Can I Pay Tithe With Pool Money? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
Seun: You should not pay tithes with any kind of money.

I am suprised to see that Seun is also an authority on tithing. from people's comment here, Seun, I thought you were atheist.
Re: Can I Pay Tithe With Pool Money? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
fubbyy: I can't ask my pastor this question because I know he will be so disappointed in me for being a pool player

My last week number tied , though the promoter delayed me and I was paid yesterday

And I believe in tithe but always have this taught that pool's money is not so clean in the sight of the lord, I don't know if am right

So my question is can I pay my tithe from this money?

Pls comment let me know what's up b4 I blow it all

This post, were a pool player thinks himself obliged to pay tithe put paid to the argument on tihing. If tithing under the time of grace was truly from God, then this gentleman should not feel "something" against his wanting to tithe. He should be led to tithe authomatically.
This brings us to the point where we argue that those who support the tithe are mixing law with grace. The religion Jesus died for us to practice is not a religion of do this; dont do that. It is a religion where men are led by God's Spirit. A Christian should never be led to play pool, talk less of paying a tithe on what he won.
But when Christians are taught to PAY tithe. Then the theif can pay a tithe on what he stole and satisfy his coisnscience that he has given God his own; the harlot the same thing and then the pool player.
Christianity is a religion of common sense, or better still, sanctified common sense, where we make our decisions, influenced by gospel truth of grace and trust God to live witht the consequences. Good or bad. Now for Mr pool player. You can win today and tomorrow, but what if in the hysteria of winning you decide to invest all your life saving and you loose. The consequence will be disastrous.

So the answer is not whether to tithe or not( a return to religion and the law) but do you know God's holy spirit? Will He lead you to play pool? If you win, how much will he have you to give out of a free will without having to resort to percentages?
I, for one, will not be led to play pool. And if I earn or am given some money, I will not tithe it but trust God to show me how to use it (including giving): based on sanctified common sense, that we all should have, as Christians, under a system of grace.

(1) (Reply)

CHRISTAINS Are Responsible For The WOES Of NIGERIA / Christians In Kano Praying In A Mosque (Pictures) / Mysteries That Baffle The World [A Must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.