Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (71074 Views)

Have You Ever Been Duped By People With 'juju' Before? Share Your Experience... / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Gender Inequality: Was Feminism Just a Fad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 4:56am On Apr 12, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

BLACK WOMEN CAN'T B FEMINIST, YOU CAN'T ADOPT AN IDEOLOGY THAT WASN'T MEANT FOR YOU.

to me, a feminist is an ambitious woman. There are many feminists out there. black feminists, white feminist,lesbian feminists, asian feminists,latino feminist etc. of course each has its own specific issues (ex. an asian woman's problems will be different from a white woman etc) but the underlying ideology is the same cool duh rights for women. simple as that.

feminists from around the world from Burma to Afghanistan to Haiti to pretty much all places where women exist. I will say Scandinavian countries (iceland, norway, finland, sweden) have the most gender equality. and guess which countries/ places have the worst. hahaha your guess is as good as mine! africa and middle east.
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2011/04/29/aung-san-suu-kyi-speaks-to-women-from-burma/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/12/top-countries-for-gender-_n_760012.html#s154763&title=Iceland__1

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:57am On Apr 12, 2013
Sorry,
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 4:58am On Apr 12, 2013
The funniest thing is in areas like Skandinavia, where women have the most "equality" the feminists are the most angry and rabid.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 5:00am On Apr 12, 2013
pleep: The funniest thing is in areas like Skandinavia, where women have the most "equality" the feminists are the most angry and rabid.

you have to fight to keep your right. esp. when you only recently earned it.
Scandinavian countries also have the best quality of life, education attainment for children, health, happiness and pretty much everything else!
even men can take paternity leave from work! it gives women chance to go back to work earlier (things that contribute to wage gap) and also give men chance to bond with their kids. Scandinavian countries truly are on top of the world.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/04/03/paternity_leave_in_iceland_helps_mom_succeed_at_work_and_dad_succeed_at.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:00am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

to me, a feminist is an ambitious woman. There are many feminists out there. black feminists, white feminist,lesbian feminists, asian feminists,latino feminist etc. of course each has its own specific issues (ex. an asian woman's problems will be different from a white woman etc) but the underlying ideology is the same cool duh rights for women. simple as that.

feminists from around the world from Burma to Afghanistan to Haiti to pretty much all places where women exist. I will say Scandinavian countries (iceland, norway, finland, sweden) have the most gender equality. and guess which countries/ places have the worst. hahaha your guess is as good as mine! africa and middle east.
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2011/04/29/aung-san-suu-kyi-speaks-to-women-from-burma/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/12/top-countries-for-gender-_n_760012.html#s154763&title=Iceland__1

Which rights do you exactly want?

Don't even compared Africa with middle east are u all right?

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 5:03am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

Scandinavian countries also have the best quality of life, education attainment for children, health, happiness and pretty much everything else!
hahaha just shut up c.fours... in skandinavia they had women vikings. Northern european women have never been oppressed.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:06am On Apr 12, 2013
Women are president in Africa
Prime minister
Women are leaders. In Africa ,in any fields..you need to wake up and catch up..if women are being mistreated in your ethnicity just tell us, because the kind of generalizations you are making sound ignorant.

You sound like there are laws in Africa putting women down or fighting their empowerment?

Women are worshiped and treated like queens in Africa. cool
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 5:07am On Apr 12, 2013
pleep: hahaha just shut up c.fours... in skandinavia they had women vikings. Northern european women have never been oppressed.

you are beginning to sound like mr.cork.
scandinavian countries have better gender equality than any other part of the world. they also have better health, education, social, financial marks than any other parts of the world.
in fact, gender equality helps both men AND women (and the children that will grow up to take their place).

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:09am On Apr 12, 2013
^ go and stay there then..why do you stay with uncivilized people?.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 5:09am On Apr 12, 2013
skandinavian feminists protesting against female circimcision in Africa.... i tell you these people are crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zLM_hIw7Y
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:09am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

even men can take paternity leave from work! it gives women chance to go back to work earlier (things that contribute to wage gap) and also give men chance to bond with their kids. Scandinavian countries truly are on top of the world.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/04/03/paternity_leave_in_iceland_helps_mom_succeed_at_work_and_dad_succeed_at.html

While I agree most things stated about the Nordic countries. I wouldn't say that their health and happiness is all that high considering they have some of the highest suicide rates in the world.
However I do agree with paternity leave!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 5:10am On Apr 12, 2013
That crunchy black chocolate is you c.fours. grin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 5:11am On Apr 12, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Women are president in Africa
Prime minister
Women are leaders. In Africa ,in any fields..you need to wake up and catch up..if women are being mistreated in your ethnicity just tell us, because the kind of generalizations you are making sound ignorant.

You sound like there are laws in Africa putting women down or fighting their empowerment?

Women are worshiped and treated like queens in Africa. cool

if you are still in africa, then maybe you need to come abroad. then you will see that women have it much worse in africa.
even most of the so called president and leaders either schooled abroad or had parents who have been exposed to western ideas and motivate their daughters to achieve and be ambitious. ALL of the African female presidents are FEMINISTS

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:18am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

LOL. that's why african men rush back to village to bring a docile woman to marry abroad. and then after green card, a few months or yrs taste of freedom she runs away.
sure.
if you are still in africa, then maybe you need to come abroad. then you will see that women have it much worse in africa.
even most of the so called president and leaders either schooled abroad or had parents who have been exposed to western ideas and motivate their daughters to achieve and be ambitious. ALL of the African female presidents are FEMINISTS

What are u talking about? You want a list of successful African women? Who have never been in Europe/America prior their success?

Actually those women don't complain..stop giving yourself headaches over African women living in Africa.they didn't ask you to b their spokeswoman.enjoy your Scandinavian world/civilization.

Like I said you know what you went through yourself, maybe in your culture women are treated like cattle
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:18am On Apr 12, 2013
c.fours:

you are beginning to sound like mr.cork.
scandinavian countries have better gender equality than any other part of the world. they also have better health, education, social, financial marks than any other parts of the world.
in fact, gender equality helps both men AND women (and the children that will grow up to take their place).

That's the thing. Feminism nowadays is not about gender equality! It's about women getting more power and having none of the responsibilities and negative repercussions.
Gender equality in the west has for the most part been achieved! Women have got equal pay, got the vote, can go to school etc.
Yet they are still complaining. What are feminists complaining about nowadays?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:20am On Apr 12, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Which rights do you exactly want?

Don't even compared Africa with middle east are u all right?
Waiting your answer? Or you are a confused soul who doesn't know what she wants
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:21am On Apr 12, 2013
Black Kenichi:

That's the thing. Feminism nowadays is not about gender equality! It's about women getting more power and having none of the responsibilities and negative repercussions.
Gender equality in the west has for the most part been achieved! Women have got equal pay, got the vote, can go to school etc.
Yet they are still complaining. What are feminists complaining about nowadays?

Amen
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:28am On Apr 12, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

What are u talking about? You want a list of successful African women? Who have never been in Europe/America prior their success?

Actually those women don't complain..stop giving yourself headaches over African women living in Africa.they didn't ask you to b their spokeswoman. enjoy your Scandinavian world/civilization.

Like I said you know what you went through yourself, maybe in your culture women are treated like cattle

Thank you!
At the bolded - It funny how feminists like to think that they are the spokesperson for every woman like women don't have a voice, opinions and their own free will to make their own decisions.
IRONY!!!

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:30am On Apr 12, 2013
I would like to get opinions of women (especially black women) who oppose feminism!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
pleep: The African male has no excuse. But im sick of black women pretending that they have no part in this

Yes African men bleeped up.. but what did you build?

What does this even mean? A continent riddled in patriarchy and you're asking me what did I build? Forget black women in general, can you tell me how the African woman has contributed to the filth of the continent when men control most parastatals? I really don't know why you guys are up in arms about when women stand up for their rights. Is it a bad thing to want to be treated as an individual first before a gender?

Now that I think of it, back then in Africa as much as many societies were patrilineal, the female voice was not suppressed. Women rights were not non-existent in Africa before the Europeans came in the picture. My parents would say while the men were planting yam, the women were planting cocoyam. It was the introduction of missionaries, colonialists that reduced female groups that oversaw the affairs of women in the society to non-existence. Of course they were coming from a culture where their women didn't have a voice. How was this done? While certain royal/priestly positions of men were 'promoted' to warrant chiefs under colonial rule and made relevant, the colonialist refused to do the same for the women groups. There were series of riots by women especially in Igbo land, that the Europeans thought it was the men causing the storm but alas they were women. African men ran along with the new change in status quo and viola here we are!

Now that is said it is very un-african to suppress the female voice!

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
To stretch the meaning of today's feminism further, it is the ability for a woman to make her own choices not at the dictates of society or men as far as they are according to law and human ethics. If she chooses to be a housewife, that is feminism, if she chooses to be a career driven lady, that is feminism!

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by vanitty: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
Thread becomes useless when subject of discussion is based solely on colour of skin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 2:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
A black woman with an important message for black feminists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt4lnbqKwCs

^^^Personally I think she's kinda cute! kiss smiley
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
stillwater: To stretch the meaning of today's feminism further, it is the ability for a woman to make her own choices not at the dictates of society or men as far as they are according to law and human ethics. If she chooses to be a housewife, that is feminism, if she chooses to be a career driven lady, that is feminism!

Then why can't you leave it at that and then move on? Why are feminists in the west still protesting? Why are black feminists still going on with the "black men ain't shit" canard?
No feminist seems to ever answer these questions that I present them.

vanitty: Thread becomes useless when subject of discussion is based solely on colour of skin
The thread is based on the BS of feminism. I'm trying to show the deluded feminists (whatever their race) that feminism is based on half truths and falsehoods.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2013
stillwater:
What does this even mean? A continent riddled in patriarchy and you're asking me what did I build? Forget black women in general, can you tell me how the African woman has contributed to the filth of the continent when men control most parastatals? I really don't know why you guys are up in arms about when women stand up for their rights. Is it a bad thing to want to be treated as an individual first before a gender?
There's nothing wrong with standing up and demanding rights but feminism in the west has accomplished it's goals and thensum to the point of many feminist policies that have been implemented are effect people's personal and business lives for the worse!

stillwater: Now that I think of it, back then in Africa as much as many societies were patrilineal, the female voice was not suppressed. Women rights were not non-existent in Africa before the Europeans came in the picture. My parents would say while the men were planting yam, the women were planting cocoyam. It was the introduction of missionaries, colonialists that reduced female groups that oversaw the affairs of women in the society to non-existence. Of course they were coming from a culture where their women didn't have a voice. How was this done? While certain royal/priestly positions of men were 'promoted' to warrant chiefs under colonial rule and made relevant, the colonialist refused to do the same for the women groups. There were series of riots by women especially in Igbo land, that the Europeans thought it was the men causing the storm but alas they were women. African men ran along with the new change in status quo and viola here we are!
Now that's not only irony but sheer hypocrisy as well. You complain about black men using the white man and African colonialism as excuses yet you are doing exactly the same thing. angry sad angry sad
Also I suggest you watch out. A black feminist blaming her saviour white man for anything. This might cause revolt! The feminists are after you now stillwater! LOL grin cool

stillwater: Now that is said it is very un-african to suppress the female voice!
True enough!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
@ Stillwater you basically said what i was about to say... before Christianity or Islam a huge percentage of subsaharen Africa was semi-matriarchal, and many of the rest were psudo-patriarches were the women were seen as equal or sometimes superior to the men.

"The people of Iwalatan (West Africa) were generous to me and entertained me...and as for their women -- they are extremely beautiful and are more important than the men." Ibn Battuta 14th century.

Africa has no independant history of "oppressing women", any gender roles were created by globalization and religions that both you and the men subscribe to.

What do you think so many black males call their females partners; "mother" to this day?

So again i ask you, What did you build?

As a black man i'm perfectly able to admit our blame for the failures of the black race, but i refuse to continue to allow black women to pawn their responsibilities and huge failures on us.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
stillwater: To stretch the meaning of today's feminism further, it is the ability for a woman to make her own choices not at the dictates of society or men as far as they are according to law and human ethics. If she chooses to be a housewife, that is feminism, if she chooses to be a career driven lady, that is feminism!
This is the biggest pile of B.S i have read today. You cant stretch a specific ideology to fit every damn thing you want it to mean!

That is like someone saying: ... Having freedom, that is Christianity, awknowleging Muhammad as aprophet.. that is Christianity... doing w/e i want and asking for forgiveness, that is Christianity. You sound like a re.tard ma'am

This is what people start doing when they are holding onto a belief system that has become irrelevant... they start trying to change the meaning

I sense this thread is about to go south, the illogicality and stupidity of the modern black feminist is starting to come out.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2013
I find the bolded funny. It is no longer a secret that many feminists discriminate against women who choose to be house wives instead of being career women

Black Kenichi: feminism is based on half truths and falsehoods.
Seems like a proper diagnosis

My main problem with feminism: I do not know what the hell it means in the first place. There doesn't seem to be a consensus on what its objectives are; and even when it is defined, a lot of the actions done in support of it are inharmonious with the definition. Seems any woman who views herself as influential among women just forms her splinter group and whips up objectives based on her personal and usually unreasonable preferences. One thing I give feminism is that it is very potent at confusing people.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 4:59am On Apr 13, 2013
A former feminist discussing why she isn't feminist. I notice that white women are far more likely to discard feminism than black women. Why is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KxvVDO-jDI

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Onlytruth(m): 7:43am On Apr 13, 2013
Black Kenichi: A former feminist discussing why she isn't feminist. I notice that white women are far more likely to discard feminism than black women. Why is this?

The reasons are simple, and I would say some controversial things about those reasons.

The first is that it is my humble opinion that white women are more knowledgeable (or are more willing to TRULY EXPAND THEIR KNOWLEDGE) than black women. I'm speaking on the basis of averages. Any black man who has ever engaged a white woman in a deep conversation on ANY topic would notice that they know a hell of a lot! They read a lot, experiment a lot, and seek information almost voraciously; so they know whats up in this world, about almost ANYTHING. So, I bet you that they have unearthed enough information to convince them that feminism is not really necessary.

The second point is that the intents of the early "feminists" (like someone pointed out earlier in this thread) was NOT to "topple the men", but rather to protect certain house wives/women who were being abused then (and they weren't that many, just that abuse generally is a bad thing); in the process extremist elements who also wanted S-E-X-U-AL freedom (or independence) hijacked the entire thing and merged both into the monster it grew into. As most knowledgeable folks would attest to, black women (whether in Africa or America) have ALWAYS been STRONG. They did not need any empowering! Heck they even empowered the men! I have never met a weak black woman in my life. African women started contesting for electoral positions even before white women started same in America. In some African nations (or tribes if you like), women are so powerful that men only control rudimentary powers mainly overt ones. In my part of Igbo land, the women were so powerful that their husbands hardly questioned their sexual behaviors especially after they've had children. They could almost get away with anything, except murder or endangering lives of her matrimonial family. Short of that, she was almost a mini god (someone referred to her above as "queens and princesses). Yes that is how they were! They are still like that to some extent in Africa, only that the current colonial culture even removed some of their powers by introducing "house wife" syndrome. There was no such thing pre-colonial Igbo land.

In the US, they retained same powers after abolition of slavery. I've met a few African American families where the family homes were built by the great great grand MOTHERS. So, they always had power. The framers of the laws that instituted feminist jurisprudence really had white women in mind (though I can't prove that here, but common sense would guide one to such conclusion), but they could not have stated such overtly because it would be racist to do so. The product is that black women (who often don't read much, or study much or seek knowledge much) simply guzzled down the whole thing far more than the white women that it was intended to help. It is a deep problem, the solution to which cannot be discussed in detail here.

A white woman is the most submissive woman I know today, education or no education. Once a white woman says yes to a man, she goes out of her way to accommodate (or sacrifice a hell of a lot) to make the relationship work. She would always ask questions, and seek knowledge about her man. She would do almost ANYTHING to make the man happy. In fact, it is that nature that made it possible for the white men to abuse a few of them during the "house wife" days. But a white woman would still prefer to be a house wife (I see a lot of them in my neighborhood) provided that the husband is providing the basic needs of the home, and have asked her to stay home. Come to US and see Nigerian wives divorcing their husbands just because the man asked her to stay home. I know one couple where the woman totally rejected her husbands plea to stay home. she wanted to be a registered nurse (as always! duh! undecided ) and the man did not want that. He provides for her and their kids, yet she wanted to be a nurse and earned "her own money". The marriage almost broke down over this issue. Guess what, she eventually failed out of the nursing program, and she is now pregnant with their third child, and?. . . you guessed right, she is a HOUSE WIFE NOW. But I wonder for how long after she delivers. So, there you have it.

Current feminism is a scam of sorts, championed by sexually deviant women who want to eat their cakes and still have it. They do not want to stay under a man, yet they expect the man to be responsible (pay house bills), and when they divorce they extract child support from the man, and fkc the person they've been eying for ages at the ex-husbands expenses; and some of them do so while STAYING HOME AND DOING NOTHING EXCEPT COLLECT CHILD SUPPORT.

Thank God my wife is NOT (by a long shot) a feminist!

8 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 3:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Onlytruth:

The reasons are simple, and I would say some controversial things about those reasons.

The first is that it is my humble opinion that white women are more knowledgeable (or are more willing to TRULY EXPAND THEIR KNOWLEDGE) than black women. I'm speaking on the basis of averages. Any black man who has ever engaged a white woman in a deep conversation on ANY topic would notice that they know a hell of a lot! They read a lot, experiment a lot, and seek information almost voraciously; so they know whats up in this world, about almost ANYTHING. So, I bet you that they have unearthed enough information to convince them that feminism is not really necessary.
I've noticed that too! White women are far more willing to mix things up with their men as well! I hardly ever see black women at gyms, martial arts classes, comic book stores and other such male orientated activities. I see plenty of white women with their men but black women.............. Once in a blue moon.

Onlytruth: The second point is that the intents of the early "feminists" (like someone pointed out earlier in this thread) was NOT to "topple the men", but rather to protect certain house wives/women who were being abused then (and they weren't that many, just that abuse generally is a bad thing); in the process extremist elements who also wanted S-E-X-U-AL freedom (or independence) hijacked the entire thing and merged both into the monster it grew into. As most knowledgeable folks would attest to, black women (whether in Africa or America) have ALWAYS been STRONG. They did not need any empowering! Heck they even empowered the men! I have never met a weak black woman in my life. African women started contesting for electoral positions even before white women started same in America. In some African nations (or tribes if you like), women are so powerful that men only control rudimentary powers mainly overt ones. In my part of Igbo land, the women were so powerful that their husbands hardly questioned their sexual behaviors especially after they've had children. They could almost get away with anything, except murder or endangering lives of her matrimonial family. Short of that, she was almost a mini god (someone referred to her above as "queens and princesses). Yes that is how they were! They are still like that to some extent in Africa, only that the current colonial culture even removed some of their powers by introducing "house wife" syndrome. There was no such thing pre-colonial Igbo land.

In the US, they retained same powers after abolition of slavery. I've met a few African American families where the family homes were built by the great great grand MOTHERS. So, they always had power. The framers of the laws that instituted feminist jurisprudence really had white women in mind (though I can't prove that here, but common sense would guide one to such conclusion), but they could not have stated such overtly because it would be racist to do so. The product is that black women (who often don't read much, or study much or seek knowledge much) simply guzzled down the whole thing far more than the white women that it was intended to help. It is a deep problem, the solution to which cannot be discussed in detail here.
This is what a lot of feminazis (especially black feminazis) don't seem to get. 1st wave feminism was about genuine concerns about women's rights. Everything after that was about power with none of the responsibility. Black feminists also don't seem to realise that feminism has no place for black women and white feminists hate black women. Feminism has only harmed the symbiotic relationship of the sexes!

Onlytruth: A white woman is the most submissive woman I know today, education or no education. Once a white woman says yes to a man, she goes out of her way to accommodate (or sacrifice a hell of a lot) to make the relationship work. She would always ask questions, and seek knowledge about her man. She would do almost ANYTHING to make the man happy. In fact, it is that nature that made it possible for the white men to abuse a few of them during the "house wife" days. But a white woman would still prefer to be a house wife (I see a lot of them in my neighborhood) provided that the husband is providing the basic needs of the home, and have asked her to stay home. Come to US and see Nigerian wives divorcing their husbands just because the man asked her to stay home. I know one couple where the woman totally rejected her husbands plea to stay home. she wanted to be a registered nurse (as always! duh! undecided ) and the man did not want that. He provides for her and their kids, yet she wanted to be a nurse and earned "her own money". The marriage almost broke down over this issue. Guess what, she eventually failed out of the nursing program, and she is now pregnant with their third child, and?. . . you guessed right, she is a HOUSE WIFE NOW. But I wonder for how long after she delivers. So, there you have it.
I kinda agree with that. However I've still encountered plenty of submissive, elegant and charming African women. Nigerian women aren't one of those African women. They have gained a rep for gold digging, white man worshiping, being mouthy and overly aggressive (they would rather date a white man than a black guy from the American continents!)
As much as I find Nigerian women being very attractive, I don't think I could date a Nigerian woman because their attitudes suck. sad

Onlytruth: Current feminism is a scam of sorts, championed by sexually deviant women who want to eat their cakes and still have it. They do not want to stay under a man, yet they expect the man to be responsible (pay house bills), and when they divorce they extract child support from the man, and fkc the person they've been eying for ages at the ex-husbands expenses; and some of them do so while STAYING HOME AND DOING NOTHING EXCEPT COLLECT CHILD SUPPORT.
True dat!

Onlytruth: Thank God my wife is NOT (by a long shot) a feminist!
That's nice to hear! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2013
nnenna.1:

Why did it come to be that only women raised children in Black America? My reasons:

1.The economic recession in the 70's that left millions of Black men (who depended on white America for their daily bread) Jobless.
2. Idleness, desperation and the proliferation of drug use in the 70's and 80's, creating addictions that tore up the family unit and sense of morality.
3. Drug trades, gang murders, jails, deadbeat Black men are born.

Since then it has been an unending cycle of shame for Black Americans.

The " strong black woman" phrase, I suspect, results from perceived burdens that Black American women left to raise children have adopted, and is a front that they put up in a toxic and aggressive culture.

Dumbest post ever on Nairaland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thread was about Black women not Black American women!!!!!!!!! Damn!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! / Akobi Crescent, Surulere After Rain Today (Photo) / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.