Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (71066 Views)

Have You Ever Been Duped By People With 'juju' Before? Share Your Experience... / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Gender Inequality: Was Feminism Just a Fad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
0lumide:

Dumbest post ever on Nairaland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thread was about Black women not Black American women!!!!!!!!! Damn!!!

This thread is about feminism and it's destructive nature!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
African women singing feminism and acting like they are now urban women because they are feminist are just dumb, illiterates and zombies of western culture!

The reason for female revolt in America was because American women were oppressed and were not economically empowered!!!

In Yoruba land we have been hearing the folk tale of "Ijebu Ode, Ijebu Igbo, owo Bilikisu ni won na". Meaning Both Ijebu Ode and Ijebu Igbo have been spending Bilikisu's money. Who is Bilikisu? A matriarch in Yoruba land rich enough to be seen as the sole financier of her people.
Now the above is in the past and no longer in the present right? wrong!!!

Mrs Alakija!!!

Wait, Majority of Yorubas I met in school in Canada are being sponsored solely by their mothers and mothers alone. No credit, no child support. Just straight up Nigerian business women not even politically connected.

Only a few "western" women can boast of what Many Nigerian women can boast of.

Nigerian women are powerfl and economically endowed. With coming of "westernization" many women started seeing the markets as something for illiterates even though those illiterates make way too much money than you can ever dream of and they use in sending their children to schools.

Feminism and the causes of it are "western" problems. If Nigerian women want to fight, they always do.

I don't know about other cultures but if a group of women in a town are mad at the king, the king is in big trouble.

In the west, majority of their pre christianity Gods are patriarchs while in Africa, we have Iyemoja, the great mermaid and the mother of creation. In Yoruba culture, Eledumare is genderless but in christianity, God is a MAN!!

African women joining feminism thinking they found a new culture are foools and idiots!!!!!!

Many other cultures in Africa have similar things to say.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
Black Kenichi:

This thread is about feminism and it's destructive nature!

And the post I replied to was dumb. The poster was using a demography of Black American women and feminism instead of Black women in general not just black American women.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
0lumide:

Dumbest post ever on Nairaland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thread was about Black women not Black American women!!!!!!!!! Damn!!!

If your comprehension skills were worth anything, you would have noticed that I was responding to other posters who brought up Black American women first.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 7:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
0lumide:
The reason for female revolt in America was because American women were oppressed and were not economically empowered!!!
Who is Bilikisu? A matriarch in Yoruba land rich enough to be seen as the sole financier of her people.
Only a few "western" women can boast of what Many Nigerian women can boast of.
Nigerian women are powerful and economically endowed.

hehn hehn? na wa o. so it is men that should be revolting in Nigeria then.
women control all the wealth in Nigeria. nigerian men are oppressed and need to get their rights back from these economically empowered women.right?
wetin we no go hear for nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:27am On Apr 14, 2013
stillwater: Nowadays I feel feminism has some sexist undertones to it and it makes me wonder if it's really about equality or female domination.

In Nigeria's case I think we've made progress. I don't think there's anything stopping a woman from achieving what she wants except herself and surprisingly her fellow woman. Like everything else in Nigeria, there's still room for improvement. We might like to blame most limitations on the "patriachial society" but I tell you if the law was effective in Nigeria a lot of things affecting women negatively wouldn't go unpunished.

what changed your judgement?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 5:19am On Apr 14, 2013
You guys please watch this video... it just goes to show that feminism is founded on B.S

Women have never been oppressed any more than men are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:53am On Apr 14, 2013
OK
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 5:59am On Apr 14, 2013
By we deserve I had in mind Western men esp for the Victorian era, I don't think in Africa we have had
A period equal to the Victorian era.

Could you please elaborate your last sentence?.
Im telling you man, women have never been oppressed any more than men in Europe.

In the victorian era women were expected to stay at home and clean and take care of the kids, but what did men have to do? Work for most of their lives in horrible conditions like coal mines and construction sites where the mortality rate was like 50%. Most barely even got to see their kids.

And on top of that men and boys were getting drafted willy-nilly to fight to the incessant wars that we going on at that time. Getting their arms and legs blown off by cannons and comming home to die in the streets.

I know the victorian era was hard on women but it was no less hard on men.

As for deserving female domination now, i think men deserve it because we allowed feminism to dupe us into thinking that we are big bad monsters that have oppressed women for the last 2000 years. When the reality is that everyone had life rough in the past, not just women.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:01am On Apr 14, 2013
As for black men... matriarchy is our natural state so we cant fight it. grin

i'm not gunna live like that tho.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:02am On Apr 14, 2013
great points.

Care to explain the get laid line, I don't get how?

I think they will now select us like cattle and only for reproduction purpose, tho they are already doing that..

Will b waiting your explanation
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:06am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: As for black men... matriarchy is our natural state so we cant fight it. grin

i'm not gunna live like that tho.

Black in the west my nigga...
Mother have a great role in Africa but we are from a matriarchy in general.

We know the cause of that in the west, and yoi can call the situation natural
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:07am On Apr 14, 2013
By select us , I mean it won't b easy to get laid like you previously stated
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:08am On Apr 14, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: great points.

Care to explain the get laid line, I don't get how?

I think they will now select us like cattle and only for reproduction purpose, tho they are already doing that..

Will b waiting your explanation
I get the same impression to, women are starting to run through men like hoes.

I see that alot with attractive black chicks. They can have any dude they want, so they just pick a guy they are attracted to, bleep him and move on.

kinda sux in theory, but guys are getting laid much more now than ever before. If you are a skilled mack you can get astromonical numbers of attractive girls, especially in college.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:10am On Apr 14, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: By select us , I mean it won't b easy to get laid like you previously stated
Generally men have never done the selecting.. except if you are really rich or attractive.

If a girl doesnt like you, she wont give you her number. The power over sex has always been in their hands

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:15am On Apr 14, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Black in the west my nigga...
Mother have a great role in Africa but we are from a matriarchy in general.

We know the cause of that in the west, and yoi can call the situation natural
My dad is the most patriarchal man i know but he calls my mom

"Eka"

Which translates to "mother". Dafuq

I don't think its just western blacks, its all of us. Patriarchy is an unnatural arangement for africans. grin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bethnals: 6:17am On Apr 14, 2013
Lol @ feminism no such thing in islam. If you don't want husband to be head of house. Marry oyinbo who you can order about and direct.

Oyinbo are here crying they want submissive women that's why a lot will marry from abroad lol. Their gals have been confused and that's why you have a total break down of family espically in UK. Kids having Kids no father in the house because the women are to busy wanting 50/50 or going tottally independent, with the government performing some of the fatherly functions instead of a real man!

4 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:19am On Apr 14, 2013
I think Muslims will end up with the only stable families in the future... in the U.S most black families are headed by a mother alone who fornicates and adulturates yet pretends to believe in God.

That is why i think Christianity is becoming a sham religion.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:20am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: Generally men have never done the selecting.. except if you are really rich or attractive.

If a girl doesnt like you, she wont give you her number. The power over sex has always been in their hands

Exactly... That's why men don't get laid that much in general we don't have the control.
You have that impression because you are skilled or around people with skills..but you or they constitute a minority

Majority of niggas are on the bench now...you have to game up and the competition rude.
Now we also have to add the skin color(Ls vs DS) to the previous criteria

Tho a rich wins anytime lol

Rich dudes will always win
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:26am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: I think Muslims will end up with the only stable families in the future... in the U.S most black families are headed by a mother alone who fornicates and adulturates yet pretends to believe in God.

That is why i think Christianity is becoming a sham religion.
Definitely
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:27am On Apr 14, 2013
bethnals: Lol @ feminism no such thing in islam. If you don't want husband to be head of house. Marry oyinbo who you can order about and direct.

Oyinbo are here crying they want submissive women that's why a lot will marry from abroad lol. Their gals have been confused and that's why you have a total break down of family espically in UK. Kids having Kids no father in the house because the women are to busy wanting 50/50 or going tottally independent.

Preach bra...expose those fake societies, which keep selling dreams and try to break our societies.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 6:28am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: I get the same impression to, women are starting to run through men like hoes.

I see that alot with attractive black chicks. They can have any dude they want, so they just pick a guy they are attracted to, bleep him and move on.

kinda sux in theory, but guys are getting laid much more now than ever before. If you are a skilled mack you can get astromonical numbers of attractive girls, especially in college.

hahaha isn't that what men have been doing for ages? why are you against women doing the same?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:30am On Apr 14, 2013
Lol maybe.

I dont care if women do the same.... like i said im marring a virgin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:30am On Apr 14, 2013
^ you still haven't answer my question
@ c.fours
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:31am On Apr 14, 2013
^i will
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:31am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: ^i will
not u ..I know u will
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:32am On Apr 14, 2013
c.fours:

hahaha isn't that what men have been doing for ages? why are you against women doing the same?
it's thanks to the birth control pill sha.
who knows, there will probably be a technology breakthrough in the near future where men will not even be needed for a woman to get pregnant. I think this will completely end the reign of men as we know it.it will become a woman's world.

stillwater: Nowadays I feel feminism has some sexist undertones to it and it makes me wonder if it's really about equality or female domination.

In Nigeria's case I think we've made progress. I don't think there's anything stopping a woman from achieving what she wants except herself and surprisingly her fellow woman. Like everything else in Nigeria, there's still room for improvement. We might like to blame most limitations on the "patriachial society" but I tell you if the law was effective in Nigeria a lot of things affecting women negatively wouldn't go unpunished.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:34am On Apr 14, 2013
@ c.fours it was men that invented the contraception pill and it will be men that invent the artificial semen (it can be made out of a womans bone marrow) that makes us irrelevant.

But... men will also invent the artificial womb that makes women irrelevant, and then men will legalize prostitution.

So yall will suffer more trust me wink

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 6:36am On Apr 14, 2013
The Icelandic people are very correct in the head. No wonder their men and women live the longest, healthiest and happiest lives in the world! they read the most books and have the highest quality of life, breathe the freshest air etc.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/18/iceland
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:36am On Apr 14, 2013
We can conclude Stillwater , despite everything was right back then "Black" women feminism is about women domination, they want to create a women's world ....

Taa the next war will b a gender war
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:38am On Apr 14, 2013
Men would win the gender war in seconds if we actually started fighting... right now we are just starting to wake up

feminism is pushing us dangerously close to the breaking point. smiley
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 6:39am On Apr 14, 2013
^feminism is not about female domination. but if men are hell bound on keeping women down, then women will have no choice because it will be a zero sum game.

the ideal of course is 50-50 or as close to it as possible - like the icelandic people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! / Akobi Crescent, Surulere After Rain Today (Photo) / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.