Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,668 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? (12187 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / 100 Job Seekers March To Alausa In Protest Of No Job (Photos) / Websites Of Recruitment Agencies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by tessyade: 7:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
occam:

Put help wanted in front of your bakery and people will show up
Very true. Not just people, multitude will show up.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by hardbody: 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2013
bebe2: for a country with high rate of unemployment, why are there no job agencies. a company that will have a list of candidates on their books, have their qualifications and references that can be refered to wen employers need them,

if u need staff were exactly do u go.
i have been looking for pple to work in my bakery and cant seem to find any.
tips if u have one pls

For bakers, you may need to head hunt or poach or better still, get some people off the street and train them. Bakery is not what any person wants to send in a CV for, at least not in these parts.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by tessyade: 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
Vioozy: If u ar looking for a job call dis line [number hidden] i can personally help you to get one with a good salary package.time has passed when people sit down at home saying dat dre is knw job dat is a lie we have alot of jobs at dre waiting for you.if you dont change your world, your life and your family knw body wil do dat for you rather you keep saying thank you sir or ma for the rest of your life and become poor 4ever.
Your use of english clearer indicate the kind of job you'll help get.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Walexz02(m): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
@Op, where is your Bakry and what position is available?
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by UjSizzle(f): 8:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
Poaching will definitely serve this purpose. Find what your competitors lack and take advantage of it.
Either that or you'll have to train people on your own.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Truckpusher(m): 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
CyberG: Your government is not creating any jobs, just a few man-know-man from the private sector.

Also, go and ask Rossikke, the 40 man lapdog kingpin who has inundated us with economic growth and GDP figures that will make even the best world economies jealous, only with ONE problem: those figures are pulled out from his nether region and that of the retardeen's empty imagination!
I have been in the private sector for the past 7years and continuously i keep seeing new faces being recruited into the system, a lot of them are very young and vibrant mostly fresh guys from the university and it cuts across all tribes and ethnicity in Nigeria yet you folks will come to social forums and scream how everything is all about man-know-man.......keep on deceiving yourselves but the truth is if you're good you're good.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Uziehot(m): 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
blackrussian: think there is some few of them like careernation. Their office is in abuja.
pls can u give d address 2 d careernation in abuja. Thank u.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Uziehot(m): 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
Truckpusher: I have been in the private sector for the past 7years and continuously i keep seeing new faces being recruited into the system, a lot of them are very young and vibrant mostly fresh guys from the university and it cuts across all tribes and ethnicity in Nigeria yet you folks will come to social forums and scream how everything is all about man-know-man.......keep on deceiving yourselves but the truth is if you're good you're good.

u'r rite,bt d truth is dat weneva dis vacancies are on,d info is always circulating within d workers of d firm,company or organisation. Can i meet u. Pls ur email. Thanks.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by kpolli(m): 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
There are some
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by dczieta: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
bebe2: for a country with high rate of unemployment, why are there no job agencies. a company that will have a list of candidates on their books, have their qualifications and references that can be refered to wen employers need them,

i have been looking for pple to work in my bakery and cant seem to find any.
tips if u have one pls

i can work in your bakery oh how do i apply?
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Femoje(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
I want to work in ur bakery where is it located and hw much do u pay ur intend workers. 08187583624
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bigx(m): 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
Uziehot: u'r rite,bt d truth is dat weneva dis vacancies are on,d info is always circulating within d workers of d firm,company or organisation. Can i meet u. Pls ur email. Thanks.

Which's why networking is key in life
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Truckpusher(m): 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
Uziehot: u'r rite,bt d truth is dat weneva dis vacancies are on,d info is always circulating within d workers of d firm,company or organisation. Can i meet u. Pls ur email. Thanks.
My friend there is nothing like information being circulated amongst the staff of any particular organization though i can't conclude that you're 100% wrong ,but the truth is these outfits advertizes their job offers online they have websites and as a man looking for a job you should also know the right place to go and not staying on Nairaland 48 hrs and expect your village town crier to announce abt job offers.

Last month i posted a topic about Nigeria LNG recruitment exercise which lasted only seven days i was surprised that nobody even looked at it ,if it where to be abt Tonto Dike,GEJ or any of these Nollywood stars Nigerian youths would be commenting in their thousands....smh

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by ABtilor: 8:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
the job agencies will turnover to be like the house agencies, where there will be money yahooing from the people and not getting jobs for them. even, those who does not have good job will be collecting job processing fee from people to get them worst job.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

That is the mindset that made a lot sit at home doing nothing, there are jobs on a daily basis in Nigeria, it is a matter of where you look and for sure combo of who you know (dont like that part, But that is how it works)
please do tell me where to look,am α microbiologist,α fresh graduate but am open to anything really,so long as ℓ̊'m trained! Thanks!
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Truckpusher(m): 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

That is the mindset that made a lot sit at home doing nothing, there are jobs on a daily basis in Nigeria, it is a matter of where you look and for sure combo of who you know (dont like that part, But that is how it works)
of course you're right....but that part abt who you know is basically the mindset of an average Nigerian job seeker but the truth is there are outfits out there that don't take that shyte because it will cost them dearly ......Can you invest billions of dollars in a sensitive facility and you begin to recruit clowns to man it?....most Nigerian job seekers always go with the mindset that if they know somebody up there then everything would be just fine little wonder they keep extorting money from some of these folks all in the name of recruitment.

Prepare yourself and pass your aptitude test and when the time comes you would be so irresistible to the interviewer,During the interview you would know 100% that you've gotten a job... simple!
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Truckpusher(m): 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
www.nlng.com/Careers.aspx,www.careers.total.com,www.. Whenever you see any job offer related to your field of study always apply and follow up using a consistent phone number ,email address and other forms of contact because sometimes outfits spends months trying to contact a candidate all to no avail and the next person on the line gets it and that's it
naanxie: please do tell me where to look,am α microbiologist,α fresh graduate but am open to anything really,so long as ℓ̊'m trained! Thanks!
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bebe2(f): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
Kx: Is dis post entirely correct?

Adecco,Phillip Consulting,Michael Stevens,and a hundred others scattered all over Lagos, PH and Abj are what pls?

Are what pls?? Are not enough! How about warri, asaba, ondo, Benin? In a country of 160 million, how many we get??
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bebe2(f): 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
Femoje: I want to work in ur bakery where is it located and hw much do u pay ur intend workers. 08187583624

In ikpoba hill Benin city, wat r u applying for?
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by blackbeau1(f): 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
Pls oh.I use God name beg una ,don't encourage people to start this up oh.it will only end up frustrating those of us who don't have friends in high places
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bebe2(f): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
dczieta:

i can work in your bakery oh how do i apply?

Wat experience do u have? Were do u live?
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Truckpusher(m): 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
black_beau: Pls oh.I use God name beg una ,don't encourage people to start this up oh.it will only end up frustrating those of us who don't have friends in high places
Typical Nigerian mentality...remain there and delude yourself while your peers from poorer homes are hooking up juicy jobs.

There are lots of outfits out there that recruits based on merit unless you don't know your onions.....smh
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bebe2(f): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
deandavid: where is d location of ur bakery? i have worked in a bakery b4, and i have a lot of experience friends who work in bakeries.

It's in Benin city.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by digitalnaira: 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
Now do you know that there are more english teaching job vacancies in China, than there are Nigerians alive, (300 million, every year. For real O !) they need foreign native english speakers to fill these jobs. But you must have TEFL,(Teach English as a Foreign Language) certificate before you can be employed. Am currently doing my course online to be elegable. Once I'm through and have my Cert, I will apply and they send me my Z-Class Visa (4 free), which should make me elegable to work anywhere in China. Though not all but some recruiting agencies even take care of your flight thicket, (yes they are that desperate). For me all this should be through by september this year by the grace of God.
If you need guidence on how to go about it all on your own contact me. 08097818383
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by 1forall: 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
OP there are many job agencies in Nigeria, in fact, dem yapa tongue

See:

https://www.nairaland.com/32808/career-websites-recruiting-agencies-nigeria

http://nigeria.thebeehive.org/content/31/2909

http://ngrcareers..co.uk/2009/03/recruitment-agencies-in-nigeria.html#.UWcdO7Vb5M4

I know some of these agencies may not be most appropriate for your search for bakery staff but it's just proof to you that there are indeed very many recruitment agencies in Nigeria.

Good luck.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 11, 2013

i have been looking for pple to work in my bakery in benin city and cant seem to find any.
tips if u have one pls

Atin na you con tell us say ur sister don take ur bakery build upstair...

Very soon you go con tell us say the Nairalander U employ keep Milo for locker wey e take dey fall the loaves...lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bebe2(f): 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy:

Atin na you con tell us say ur sister don take ur bakery build upstair...

Very soon you go con tell us say the Nairalander U employ keep Milo for locker wey e take dey fall the loaves...lol

O boi free me o, am trying to survive o.

I no ready beg my pikin for chop money for my old age o grin
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by sayitout1: 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
Most job agencies in 9ja are all scam. They get you the employment, then make you a ''money making machine or use you for money medicine'' for themselves; meaning you don't even get to know how much you worth to your employer cos your employer pays them and they inturn pays you. They'll always use the term '' contract and non contract staff'' Imagine someone working in a bank or an oil firm and does not get paid directly in the name of been a contract staff and even when he is paid, a chunk of the money(salary) is paid to the job agency.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by ceejayluv(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
DRAGNET.....
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
@op, well that's a business idea for you to exploit yourself don't you think so??
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by werepeLeri: 11:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
Put a placard in front of your bakery advertising the positions and watch how people troop in.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by pinkrex(m): 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
@Poster. There's a reputed firm that can ease your recruitment burden (Resource-intermediaries limited). Its head office is in Lagos, with a branch at Abuja, Portharcourt and Ghana. Outsourcing and recruitment is the core business; with a database of job seekers. This company has recruited many drivers for some nairaland members (testifiers pls) and that extends to other cadre of workforce too. Please, kindly call this number Emmanuel 07061500359(enquiries@ for further information. An official mail will be used to respond to your needs immediately, upon verification of your request.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job Search Pitfalls: Beware Of These Red Flags! / Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours / When Is The Best Time To Look For Job In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.