Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,782 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? (12188 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / 100 Job Seekers March To Alausa In Protest Of No Job (Photos) / Websites Of Recruitment Agencies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by chuksme(m): 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
The poster, it seems as if u have not heard about XL Management services LTD. This is one of the best service provider. You can go to their website. Www.xlmanagementservices.com

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by 2CatWoman: 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
@OP, there are a few job agencies based in the larger cities but what you have to bear in mind is that most Nigerians have little experience of formal application processes such as compiling CVs. You may need to place an advert in your premises or use word of mouth to find staff and do not rule out finding some young person with the right attitude that you can train. Good luck.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Soso990240(m): 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
Ther ar many job agencies in nigeria..most of dm demand money for form and registration fee from job seekers,even b4 getin d job 4 u..so painful.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by pinkrex(m): 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
sayit_out1: Most job agencies in 9ja are all scam. They get you the employment, then make you a ''money making machine or use you for money medicine'' for themselves; meaning you don't even get to know how much you worth to your employer cos your employer pays them and they inturn pays you. They'll always use the term '' contract and non contract staff'' Imagine someone working in a bank or an oil firm and does not get paid directly in the name of been a contract staff and even when he is paid, a chunk of the money(salary) is paid to the job agency.
In a proffessional language, its called 'outsourcing'. This service is usually required by a firm that need adhoc staff or a temp workforce to meet a particular project demand. The term 'contract' is used to create a legal aggreement between both parties as renewal is based on need. Some companies are aware of the cost of maintaining a core staff, especially when the job is less demanding or off less duration.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by pinkrex(m): 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
The issue of not getting a full payment due to the bureaucratic nature of payment is because, some deductions like tax, management fee et al is to be remitted through the agency you applied through. Consequently, you are a two faced contract staff, as the agency that recruited you is more responsible for you, hence they deal with the clients on your behalf. Do not always claim to be cheated, in business, managers care for their business survival before you. The outsourcee always looks for cheap deals and the outsourcer charges a percentage of the outsourced salary to keep his business at float. Please, read your contract terms and know the percentage deductions before you take jobs.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by coputa(m): 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
Do you think job agencies can reduce the rate of unemployment in the country..my answer is a big 'NO' because those working there will still manipulate their kith and kins into juicy and high profile positions...for example..first bank through a consultant acting as an employment agency has been secretly carrying out interview in one of their branch in warri and more painful is the fact that all of the applicants were all yorubas...,
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by pinkrex(m): 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
coputa: Do you think job agencies can reduce the rate of unemployment in the country..my answer is a big 'NO' because those working there will still manipulate their kith and kins into juicy and high profile positions...for example..first bank through a consultant acting as an employment agency has been secretly carrying out interview in one of their branch in warri and more painful is the fact that all of the applicants were all yorubas...,
well, I happen to be privy to a knowledge that refutes this claim, but to give you more room... Please, what 'agency' handles recruitment for Firstbank?
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by pinkrex(m): 12:00am On Apr 12, 2013
Recruitment agencies generate employment! For a recruitment agency to function, she'll need to employ a workforce. It divides a salary meant for a person, amongst more persons. It creates employment for menial graders, as janitors, errand boys et al can be used in a big firm without incurring huge cost. Recruitment agencies also train graduates in preparing them for jobs which they might fail to get but retains the training for future use.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 12, 2013
Bad times will soon be over. Unemployment will soon be forgotten. Why don't you vote me as your president come 2015? Nna.....me go do beta tin pass the rest o. Biko!
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Papilo87(m): 1:18am On Apr 12, 2013
Since you are staying in Benin and you need people around there you can publish your jobs on http://Ngcareers.com
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by dc555: 4:12am On Apr 12, 2013
i don' t believe there are no job agencies in Nigeria. @op do a little research.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by olybob: 6:53am On Apr 12, 2013
There are job agencies. U can try EBTNG in ojuelegba. There is this other one inside dolphin estate, forgotten the name though.[/quote] wat is EBTNG dey re scamer u beta wake-up.[/color]
amokemi: There are job agencies. U can try EBTNG in ojuelegba. There is this other one inside dolphin estate, forgotten the name though.
wat is EBTNG dey re scamer u beta wake-up.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by kalunomics(m): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2013
pinkrex: In a proffessional language, its called 'outsourcing'. This service is usually required by a firm that need adhoc staff or a temp workforce to meet a particular project demand. The term 'contract' is used to create a legal aggreement between both parties as renewal is based on need. Some companies are aware of the cost of maintaining a core staff, especially when the job is less demanding or off less duration.
Most times the margin is too high (up to 40%). Moreover, MDs of most companies award every recruitment contract to their kinsmen when they can carry out the recruitment excersice by theirselves just for the sole aim of extorting the workers
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by jites(m): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2013
Some job agencies only cater for blue collar jobs, which is fair enough if thats their niche but i do think we need something like a JOB CENTRE. i dont know what its called in other developed country but in the UK its called JOB CENTRE, you go there ( its in every borough in the country) so there is no stuff like there is one in ikeja or one in lagos kind of talk.
You walk in there are PODs like mini touch screen where you are able to see all the vacancies in the country from accountancy to window cleaners, all these organisation upload their vacancies there on a daily basis. But mind you we still have unemployment in the UK but if you know anything about economics you would know that no countrycan can full employment but lets not go there yet.
But yes i think it will be a great idea in Nigeria, we have the money to do it, and as for who you know syndrome lets not kid ourselves it does exit but that does not mean you dont get jobs by merit also. I come from Delta state, and when these oil company come to our land to explore for oil and set up the vacancies, some of them are allocated to Chiefs, ovie and elders ie if you are a Chief you are allocated 10 spaces, the ovie perhaps 50 spaces and they give these spaces to friends and families, Now i know this cos my granpa is a chief but saying this these spaces are usually for menial jobs cos you can not employ say a petrol chemical engineer with this sort of allocation of spaces. Anyway i have written too much i dont like reading lenghty post my self. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Cocodiva: 7:31am On Apr 12, 2013
amokemi: There are job agencies. U can try EBTNG in ojuelegba. There is this other one inside dolphin estate, forgotten the name though.

Âbeg don't mention that scam E.breakthrough here o.
EBTNG my foot.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by greenmouse(m): 7:43am On Apr 12, 2013
Contact www.yesresource.com

They are professional job search agency
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by olups(m): 7:58am On Apr 12, 2013
There is Federal and state civil service commissions. A graduate can go there to pick up emplyment form then fill it and submit it along with his/her CV. I think u can even do it online now but I'm not sure of their website so I can't give it now. The purpose of filling this form is to register ur qualification so that when there is vacancy in any government establishment that requires someone in your field then u can be contacted and automatically given the job, however, I'm not sure its working like that again
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by dapo338(m): 8:05am On Apr 12, 2013
If its a driving job you need, Call Honeycomb drivers consult. Number below in signature.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Revolva(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2013
grin grin Job agency ....where do you want them to have the jobs to give out
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by dapo338(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2013
Coco diva:

Âbeg don't mention that scam E.breakthrough here o.
EBTNG my foot.

what u all don't understand about job agencies is that jobs is not guarantee, the type of job u are seeking for might not be available at the moment, instead of u to exercise sum patient, u call them scam.... there are instances where u introduce ur friends to job agencies and those that u introduced weeks after u submit ur form will get employment immediately when u that introduced them has been sitting at home. so it also do with luck, my advice is tht when u fall in that category, always call them on phone and ask of the update.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Sijo01(f): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2013
@op, I know two job agencies in Benin. Hit me up if you need more info about them.
Which area is your bakery in Benin?
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 12, 2013
Sorry OP, I mentioned a website in my previous posts but cannot see said site in text - 'jobberman dot com'
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 12, 2013
I meant to say try [b][/b] all the best
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 12, 2013
@ Op I beg to differ, People prime, Insourcing, ICSL, kimberly Ryan, Work Force, Dragnet, Philips consulting, ceres, sun rose are job agencies. Google is your friend in cases like this!

There are job agencies scattered in their thousands in Nigeria.

Another thing this connection stuff is highly over rated: if you are the best candidate for a job, you will get it. Unfortunately, a lot of us like to console our selves that lack of connection is the reason for the failure in securing a job.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by fleps(m): 11:59am On Apr 12, 2013
bebe2: for a country with high rate of unemployment, why are there no job agencies. a company that will have a list of candidates on their books, have their qualifications and references that can be refered to wen employers need them,

if u need staff were exactly do u go.
i have been looking for pple to work in my bakery in benin city and cant seem to find any.

I need bakery manager with baking experience, marketer and experienced bakery workers.
bekis@hotmail.co.uk

tips if u have one pls

I guess you've not tried J o b b e r m a n (dot) com. They have over 200,000 CVs in their data base from all over the country! Contact them, tell them the state, the position, the years of experience and you're good to go!
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bebe2(f): 2:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
fleps:

I guess you've not tried J o b b e r m a n (dot) com. They have over 200,000 CVs in their data base from all over the country! Contact them, tell them the state, the position, the years of experience and you're good to go!

so this pple will have bakers and factory workers on their book?
ok, will give it a try.
tnks
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by faceit: 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
A branch of HSA, an health company is newly established in ibadan and requires the services of the following; biochemist, microbiologist, human resource officer, customer relation officer, typist, clerks, facilitators. Interested candidates must possess a minimum of OND, HND, Bsc, Msc, professional certificates will be an added advantage. Cv's should be forwarded to realjob03@gmail.com or send via sms name, email address, qualification, phone number, location to 08183611023. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by phaya(f): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2013
Please what's the detailed address of the bakery in Benin?
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by bebe2(f): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
phaya: Please what's the detailed address of the bakery in Benin?

ikpoba hill
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by roga: 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
Why don't u try canon consulting ibadan, they are mgt consulting firm and they have a arm that recruit. Email: canonconsulting1@gmail.com Suite 6 segun falana office complex, falana bus stop, challenge ibadan.
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by dczieta: 11:48am On Apr 16, 2013
bebe2:

Wat experience do u have? Were do u live?

No formal work expirience yet but i can take up human resource. Currently in Awka Anambra state
Re: Why Are There No Job Agencies In Nigeria??? by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
dczieta:

No formal work expirience yet but i can take up human resource. Currently in Awka Anambra state

If possible for you to go and volunteer somewhere to get experience, please go ahead and do that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job Search Pitfalls: Beware Of These Red Flags! / Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours / When Is The Best Time To Look For Job In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.