Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon (13534 Views)

Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget / Student Caught At Lagos Airport With 10.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Garri / Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by gbanikiti(m): 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
NDLEA Discovers 40.255kg Of Drugs Immersed In Melon

Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA have foiled a plot to smuggle 40.255kg of methamphetamine to South Africa aboard a South African Airline.

It was gathered that the consignment was detected at the cargo section of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

A total of 41 parcels of the methamphetamine were found hidden inside grinded melon packed with cosmetics and provisions.

According to the NDLEA Airport Commander, Hamza Umar, the drug was recovered from a bag of provisions and cosmetics.

Umar said, "The drug was packaged in 41 parcels in white transparent polythene and hidden inside grinded melon.

"Other items like gala, biscuits, milk, body cream and food ingredient were also in the package to divert attention. We have impounded a Hummer Jeep, Range Rover Jeep and a Bus from suspected members of the cartel."

The 25 year-old suspect, Ihedioha Chidi, who is a patent medicine dealer, said that he was given N450,000 to send the consignment.

He said, "My childhood friend, who lives in South Africa, sent me N450,000 to send his goods to him
in South Africa.

"It was while processing the shipment that NDLEA officers found some drugs inside the goods and I was arrested."

Ihedioha is single and lives at Okota, Lagos. Ihedioha hails from Imo State.
The Chairman/Chief Executive of the Agency, Ahmadu Giade, promised to rid the country of illicit drugs.
"We are working hard to halt the illicit production of methamphetamine in the country. So far, five clandestine laboratories used for methamphetamine production have been detected in the country in the past two years.

"The Agency will continue to dislodge drug cartels by detecting production centres and intercepting all shipments of drugs.

"This seizure is a warning to drug barons that the battle line is drawn. More arrests shall be made in respect of the case and assets traceable to them shall be forfeited," Giade was quoted saying.

The case is still under investigation.

http://m.naij.com/news/30787.html
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by iamswizz(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
can we see the melons

Fashola is working...

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Scarpon(m): 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
after all my battle to be first to comment this iamswizz still first me sha igando/ikotun na rubbish area for network . well all of this thing na childish stuff.

back on topic :
those guys get sense ohhh

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by CLIQBOY(m): 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
Scarpon: after all my battle to be first to comment this iamswizz still first me sha igando/ikotun na rubbish area for network . well all of this thing na childish stuff.

back on topic :
those guys get sense ohhh
grin grin grin go buy AIRTEL

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ihedioha nwanne m! gini mere ichoro ime bu o ndi imo state na ndi igbo gburu gburu? O bu na enweghi ihe ozo i ga aru ka ri kwa i bu ogwu ga ofesi? chai! hmmm....

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by tinuolababy(f): 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
Good to know NDLEA is working. First to make a sensible comment though. wink

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
. Niggas don upgrade oo '____6th to comment
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by tspun(m): 2:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
shut up. As if u dont known their is drug inside d package. Pls send him to jail. They are the once spoiling our country's name in oversea. Y must this guys continue to bring bad name to my beloveth country.
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by ceejay80s(m): 2:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
The time wey our crude oil money no circulate wella, abegi, make i hear word
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Symphony007: 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
iamswizz: can we see the melons

Fashola is working...
what is fashola's buisness with a federal agency like the NDLEA? Or is this another case of fashola derangment syndrom?

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by redsun(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nigerians love to drive exotic super cars in death trap roads,so they will do anything in their fickle imaginations to get rich quick,like the politicians,the police,the army,the judges and the oil cartels.

Crime is a recognized orientation is nigeria.A discipline that even the socalled educated strive to attain.To be criminal

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by MMM2(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
We talking MONEY angry
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Valto(m): 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
will be right back
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Aizebioje(m): 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
Sure NDLEA is working but my question still remains WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SEIZED DRUGS?

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
I guess he is related to Deputy Speaker of House of Reps Emeka Ihedioha so he will be released in no distant time. NAIJA, I HAIL YOU
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Lilimax(f): 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
berem: Ihedioha nwanne m! gini mere ichoro ime bu o ndi imo state na ndi igbo gburu gburu? O bu na enweghi ihe ozo i ga aru ka ri kwa i bu ogwu ga ofesi? chai! hmmm....
Odikwa egwu nwannem! Ihedioha is among the few people that are tarnishing the image of Nigerian in both home and abroad. Having being caught in this illicit business, he should face the full wrath of the law.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Lilimax(f): 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
Idi Amin: I guess he is related to Deputy Speaker of House of Reps Emeka Ihedioha so he will be released in no distant time. NAIJA, I HAIL YOU
Thank goodness you are just guessing. He is not related to Emeka Ikedioha. it is just a mere coincidence.
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by PurestBoy(m): 2:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
I hope tribal warlords won't start commenting now when they see the suspect's name cos some people are just interested in the name and not the message.
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by sleekdot(m): 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
gbanikiti: NDLEA Discovers 40.255kg Of Drugs Immersed In Melon
The 25 year-old suspect, Ihedioha Chidi, who is a patent medicine dealer, said that he was given N450,000 to send the consignment.

He said, "My childhood friend, who lives in South Africa, sent me N450,000 to send his goods to him
in South Africa.

"It was while processing the shipment that NDLEA officers found some drugs inside the goods and I was arrested."

Ihedioha is single and lives at Okota, Lagos. Ihedioha hails from Imo State.

http://m.naij.com/news/30787.html

The hardworking businessmen in Lagos who came with only one shirt and 3years later has 5 mansions in Lekki

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Lilimax(f): 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
redsun:
Crime is a recognized orientation is nigeria.A discipline that even the socalled educated strive to attain.To be criminal
I strongly disagree with you . I am not pursuing the discipline of being criminally minded likewise a whole lot of Nigerians. it is just that the few bad eggs in this country are busy tarnishing the image of our dear country. I know they have but a little time....GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by adexsimply(m): 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
grin grin grin
PurestBoy: I hope tribal warlords won't start commenting now when they see the suspect's name cos some people are just interested in the name and not the message.
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by sleekdot(m): 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
Valto: [b][/b] u are a big fool!!!

Na guilty conscience dey worry you? Shey dem mention your name or na the same lie you dey tell people for your villa?

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Valto(m): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
sleekdot:

Na guilty conscience dey worry you? Shey dem mention your name or na the same lie you dey tell people for your villa?
u dont know me. but its very stu.pid of u to make a generalized statement like that
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by double08(m): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
battle line have been drawn he says,we have been hearing that for years now..... angry atleast they are employing youths why not just let them be?
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by brownlord: 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
PurestBoy: I hope tribal warlords won't start commenting now when they see the suspect's name cos some people are just interested in the name and not the message.

Please from the name where is he from, i think hes yoruba

@topic, na them know, e better pass say em go theif, na luck run against am, since bizness they move, as e purge so make em still bear am, but i knw say e oga at....go soon come bail am, all this na IGG ( Initial Gra Gra )
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by lat4real: 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2013
Watching in 3D... grin
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by redsun(m): 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
Lilimax: I strongly disagree with you . I am not pursuing the discipline of being criminally minded likewise a whole lot of Nigerians. it is just that the few bad eggs in this country are busy tarnishing the image of our dear country. I know they have but a little time....GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

If you and other nigerians you think are not pursuing the ways of thieves lives i that country,why then are you guys being ruled by obvious thieving politicians?

There are no two ways to injustice,only one justice and it unconditional.
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by LEvuls(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
work no dey and dis ppl de close market for us...man must wak
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by Ocutegan(m): 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
tinuolababy: Good to know NDLEA is working. First to make a sensible comment though. wink
Lol. True that
Re: NDLEA Found 40.255kg Of Drugs Hidden In Melon by ifyalways(f): 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
Ogwu inside egusi?
Na wao

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem He Has Bought Aso Rock / Occupy Nigeria, 10 Years After / Buhari: Nigeria Now Self-Sufficient In Cement Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.