Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! (2162 Views)

Obasanjo, Oyedepo’s Lives In Danger – Prophet Oladele Samuel / 10 Things Youths Are Guilty Of In Church / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by ijawkid(m): 3:21pm On Apr 13, 2013
musKeeto: Lol @ ijawkid... Especially the ND.. That place dey 4ked, I swear...

And we only have ourselves to blame, Ompadec, nddc, niger delta ministry... We still dey deceive ourselves.. Smh...

Imo, to your tents, o Africans... Make everybody answer their name.. This Luggard dream wey we don dey try actualize since, no dey work at all at all...

oboy the whole situation na wa...if I tell you how useless nddc dey,you go tire for life

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
Segeggs: Woke up from last nite's hangover from clubbing, puts on MTV base, louds the speakers, noodles steaming in the kitchen, pings james to know about tonight's hangout, checks FB page, twitter, 2go, romance and section of nairaland, kemi beeps to tell of tunji's internet scam success, calls tunji only to hear of celebration at a club 2nite, posts it on twitter and FB for more youths to know, gets his skinny jeans and supra to meet kelechi outside with his camry muscle...of we go with no care about tomorrow, afterall...samething we do everynite,pinky...---naija youth.
lol, a perfect illustration of what the problem is,
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by gnykelly(m): 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
I'm a youth of under 25 i don't drink smoke or brainwashed with religion and other stuff my subconcious keep criticising my society. I have written books to correct ths anomaly i intend to post my write up here on NL maybe i connect with like minds

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by Creatrixity(m): 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
Segeggs: Woke up from last nite's hangover from clubbing, puts on MTV base, louds the speakers, noodles steaming in the kitchen, pings james to know about tonight's hangout, checks FB page, twitter, 2go, romance and section of nairaland, kemi beeps to tell of tunji's internet scam success, calls tunji only to hear of celebration at a club 2nite, posts it on twitter and FB for more youths to know, gets his skinny jeans and supra to meet kelechi outside with his camry muscle...of we go with no care about tomorrow, afterall...samething we do everynite,pinky...---naija youth.
This is a masterpiece of satire!lol..Sadly the truth.Most Nigerian youths spend all their time learning meaningless dances while others are inventing or coming up with new ideas or improving on existing stuff.Tis a shame..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
Creatrixity:
This is a masterpiece of satire!lol..Sadly the truth.Most Nigerian youths spend all their time learning meaningless dances while others are inventing or coming up with new ideas or improving on existing stuff.Tis a shame..
very true my mann, sometimes I wonder if we're ever gonna get another chinua achebe, or wole soyinka,
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by Creatrixity(m): 9:38am On Apr 14, 2013
bolaino: very true my mann, sometimes I wonder if we're ever gonna get another chinua achebe, or wole soyinka,
I believe it will be some time before we see the advent of literary giants like them..In these days of 2go and fb.Many friends of mine can't write good essays anymore due to lack of exposure to good materials.The only thing they read is hints!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bigjoule(m): 10:57am On Apr 14, 2013
@bolaino i really support this thread. All what Nigeria youths are thinking is sex, fast money, fast car, fast everything. None has foresight like before. Relocation on my mind

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by ezme(m): 11:30am On Apr 14, 2013
Another problem is the pop and hip-hop culture, its influence on our youths and the present craving for drugs. Boys are trying so many things you would not even think of. People are now taking sedative for mental patients as recreational drugs. Every drug seems to be an OTC drug in Nigeria. I lost a friend to pentazocine addiction, he died in his sleep. Drug-abuse I believe would take more lives in the near future.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
I heard of that documentary on poverty in nigeria i think many people need to see that film b4 there eyes will open

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by ezme(m): 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
dj militant: I heard of that documentary on poverty in nigeria i think many people need to see that film b4 there eyes will open
I just saw it too. If only we would realize that things would not change until we act. Sadly, we live in a country where people prefer to pray away their challenges and societal anomalies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
Creatrixity:
I believe it will be some time before we see the advent of literary giants like them..In these days of 2go and fb.Many friends of mine can't write good essays anymore due to lack of exposure to good materials.The only thing they read is hints!!!
it's really very unfortunate my good mann,
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
ezme: Another problem is the pop and hip-hop culture, its influence on our youths and the present craving for drugs. Boys are trying so many things you would not even think of. People are now taking sedative for mental patients as recreational drugs. Every drug seems to be an OTC drug in Nigeria. I lost a friend to pentazocine addiction, he died in his sleep. Drug-abuse I believe would take more lives in the near future.
we are sorry to hear about your friend my good mann, and u've raised another issue that should be addressed with utmost severity, and that's the hip hop/pop culture, I believe another thread should be created to talk more about the negative effects of the hip hop/pop cultures, their affiliation with drugs and fast life, another thread should be created to talk more about that.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2013
dj militant: I heard of that documentary on poverty in nigeria i think many people need to see that film b4 there eyes will open
please I would appreciate if u could give us the link to the video, I heard the federal government banned the video.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by Creatrixity(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
We have got young dudes who all want to be the next wizkid,ice prince etc but they conveniently forget that 85 percent of people going into the entertainment industry NEVER make a headway.
Conspiracy theorists will say there is a 'dumbing down' of young black folks..Think i am lying?There is a reason the American entertainment industry is made up of young black people while almost all the whizzes at stanford are white..Ponder on these things..
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
Creatrixity: We have got young dudes who all want to be the next wizkid,ice prince etc but they conveniently forget that 85 percent of people going into the entertainment industry NEVER make a headway.
Conspiracy theorists will say there is a 'dumbing down' of young black folks..Think i am lying?There is a reason the American entertainment industry is made up of young black people while almost all the whizzes at stanford are white..Ponder on these things..
you're very correct my good mann, it seems there's a deliberate dumping down of the youths,
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by honeric01(m): 9:15am On Apr 15, 2013
blame blame blame.

You lot should tell us what you're doing to your own immediate siblings, how have you changed things with them?
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by Creatrixity(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
honeric01: blame blame blame.

You lot should tell us what you're doing to your own immediate siblings, how have you changed things with them?
I dont know about you,but i will not go down their path..
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 7:01am On Apr 16, 2013
honeric01: blame blame blame.

well in my own way, I'm doing my best to create an awareness about the dangers of fastlife to my siblings and the young people I have around me, and I'm using the internet also, like exactly what I'm doing here by creating this topic.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by honeric01(m): 7:05am On Apr 16, 2013
Creatrixity:
I dont know about you,but i will not go down their path..

bolaino: well in my own way, I'm doing my best to create an awareness about the dangers of fastlife to my siblings and the young people I have around me, and I'm using the internet also, like exactly what I'm doing here by creating this topic.

Well i believe if everyone of us on this thread concentrate in changing the mentality of our siblings, then we'd grow confidence in changing our neighbor.

Once we have examples around us (Family members), we'd have more "dignity" when talking to others.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 9:08am On Apr 16, 2013
honeric01:

Well i believe if everyone of us on this thread concentrate in changing the mentality of our siblings, then we'd grow confidence in changing our neighbor.

Once we have examples around us (Family members), we'd have more "dignity" when talking to others.
u're right mann,
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by Nobody: 9:09am On May 07, 2013
The nigerian youth sees the futility of education because the govt has made it a non lucrative venture and just as every money or business inclined person will do, he opts for entertainment and all the things that go with it. Its just political.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 11:26am On May 07, 2013
ecomog08: The nigerian youth sees the futility of education because the govt has made it a non lucrative venture and just as every money or business inclined person will do, he opts for entertainment and all the things that go with it. Its just political.
true story,
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by nairabacks(f): 11:58am On May 07, 2013
bigjoule: @bolaino i really support this thread. All what Nigeria youths are thinking is sex, fast money, fast car, fast everything. None has foresight like before. Relocation on my mind

My guy, where do you want to relocate to ?
This is syndrome isn't peculiar to black youth alone.

The UK government also confirmed a similar trend with their own youth many years ago. None of these white kids want to enroll in formal education anymore. They all want to be indy-rockers, Tv personalities, DJs etc.

All the Unis there are overrun with Asians. They're the Doctors, engineers, lawyers even political offices are increasingly going to Blacks (Africans) and Asians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by Candour(m): 1:23pm On May 07, 2013
the entire moral fabric of society is broken down.Its not only in Nigeria as even western nations are having similar problems with their youth.Nigera's own is very bad because the problem just came to meet already deeply entrenched poverty of pocket,poverty of mind,poverty of health etc.

It's not a question of prayer but a determination by us all to make a difference starting from our homes and our personal lives.

Tell your younger brother he shoudln't scam you to buy himself a blackberry porsche he can't service as he's still a student dependent on others for his upkeep.

Tell your younger sister to stop changing her FB pictures every hour as that would add nothing to her mental development which is needed if she hopes to be a person of true value in life.Brains and beauty make a good combination you know

Tell your pastor to stop harping on the no of his private jets,the balance in his account or the number of you and your fellow worshippers he has succeded in bringing under his tent as it will not remedy the situation in the country nor gaurantee he is actually known of God

Tell your Imam to strap himself with the bomb next time the virgins in heaven need a pious brother or is he a eunuch who can't touch women? There are imams and muslims in Dubai u know and i'm sure they read the same Qur'an

Tell your Father the government official that the monies he has piled up is more than enough to last your own great grand children.He can step aside and let other people try their own hands at fixing the country

Tell yourself that money,fame and possesions are not everything in life.The best things in life are not necessarily things.

Finally let us learn to respect others,their rights and their opinions.If we all do this,we'll start the journey to recovery i believe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by christemmbassey(m): 3:23pm On May 07, 2013
Candour: the entire moral fabric of society is broken down.Its not only in Nigeria as even western nations are having similar problems with their youth.Nigera's own is very bad because the problem just came to meet already deeply entrenched poverty of pocket,poverty of mind,poverty of health etc.

It's not a question of prayer but a determination by us all to make a difference starting from our homes and our personal lives.

Tell your younger brother he shoudln't scam you to buy himself a blackberry porsche he can't service as he's still a student dependent on others for his upkeep.

Tell your younger sister to stop changing her FB pictures every hour as that would add nothing to her mental development which is needed if she hopes to be a person of true value in life.Brains and beauty make a good combination you know

Tell your pastor to stop harping on the no of his private jets,the balance in his account or the number of you and your fellow worshippers he has succeded in bringing under his tent as it will not remedy the situation in the country nor gaurantee he is actually known of God

Tell your Imam to strap himself with the bomb next time the virgins in heaven need a pious brother or is he a eunuch who can't touch women? There are imams and muslims in Dubai u know and i'm sure they read the same Qur'an

Tell your Father the government official that the monies he has piled up is more than enough to last your own great grand children.He can step aside and let other people try their own hands at fixing the country

Tell yourself that money,fame and possesions are not everything in life.The best things in life are not necessarily things.

Finally let us learn to respect others,their rights and their opinions.If we all do this,we'll start the journey to recovery i believe.

if this is how you THINK AND ACT, there is hope for Nigeria. I just love this piece.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 6:35pm On May 07, 2013
Candour: the entire moral fabric of society is broken down.Its not only in Nigeria as even western nations are having similar problems with their youth.Nigera's own is very bad because the problem just came to meet already deeply entrenched poverty of pocket,poverty of mind,poverty of health etc.

nice one mann, we just need a mental overhauling of the brains of our youths.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 6:35pm On May 07, 2013

nice one mann, we just need a mental overhauling of the brains of our youths.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by Candour(m): 10:20am On May 08, 2013
christemmbassey: if this is how you THINK AND ACT, there is hope for Nigeria. I just love this piece.

Thanks jare my bro.There are things God wont come down to fix for us and this is one of them.we have to decide we want to move forward as a people and stop our hypocrisies.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by christemmbassey(m): 11:01am On May 08, 2013
Candour:

Thanks jare my bro.There are things God wont come down to fix for us and this is one of them.we have to decide we want to move forward as a people and stop our hypocrisies.
my brother the fear is always this Abati syndrome, like they say, esier said than done, we speak very well when we dont have the opportunity, but when it comes' we fail woefully. I remember in 2008, i got opportunity to assist a friend execute a 47million naira contract because he had to travel for his phd in London, do you know even his childhood friends who were the direct beneficiaries of this road project were attacking me when i insisted that the right thing should be done, even my friend who is a pastor of more than 15yrs and works with the immigration service has refused to pick my calls because according to him , i had opportunity and refused to take advantage of. Bro naija is the toughest place to live right, even ur wife, children, parents and siblings + pastors will call you a fool . God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by tpia5: 4:09pm On May 08, 2013
na today?
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by ezme(m): 8:27pm On May 08, 2013
tpia@:
na today?
All these your comments self eh
Re: Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! by bolaino(m): 2:26pm On May 09, 2013
tpia@:
na today?
if u don't have anything meaningful to contribute, just lock up, thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Nigerian Churches Doing For Needy Nigerians? / Atheistic Contradiction / Plato's Philosophy: Goodness And Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.