Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

How To Maintain A Balance Between Saving, Investing And Living Well - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Maintain A Balance Between Saving, Investing And Living Well (1300 Views)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / How Can One Strike Balance Between His Or Her Career And Passion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Maintain A Balance Between Saving, Investing And Living Well by merald(m): 4:31pm On Apr 07, 2008
I read a quote from Brain Tracy that it is better to prepare ahead for the future than to look back with regret.

How true, hence every one of us is trying to find away to make one form of investment or the other, or get into

any income producing project, but i don't know if this applies to all, trying to find a balance between savings,

investments and still meeting your day to day financial obligations, it's not so rosy, but sure there is a way

around it, some one on this forum has an answer, please donate your 2cents, it might be useful to some one.
Re: How To Maintain A Balance Between Saving, Investing And Living Well by adelekewo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2008
I READ YOUR POST ON HOW TO MAINTAIN A BALANCE BETWEEN SAVING INVESTMENT AND LIVING WELL.
PLS, WHAT ARE THE WAYS OF INVESTING AND STILL MEET WITH DAY TO DAY FINANCIAL OBLIGATION.
PLS POST REPLY TO MY E-MAIL; adelekewasiuo9999@yahoo.com or adelekewo@gmail.com

THANKS.
Re: How To Maintain A Balance Between Saving, Investing And Living Well by arogbowei: 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2008
Striking a healthy balance between saving for rainy days and investing is a challenge to all, but one can still come off living a healthy life, while investing. How? You could spread your entire income, and use percentage to divide. One of my financial advisers said dedicate 60%, of your income for upkeep and other sundry expenses. Then 10% for long time investing, 10% for charity, then 20% for medium term investing.

With that one would not appear to be mean to ones friends, relations and oneself.
Re: How To Maintain A Balance Between Saving, Investing And Living Well by merald(m): 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2008
@arogbowei

Striking a healthy balance between saving for rainy days and investing is a challenge to all, but one can still come off living a healthy life, while investing. How? You could spread your entire income, and use percentage to divide. One of my financial advisers said dedicate 60%, of your income for upkeep and other sundry expenses. Then 10% for long time investing, 10% for charity, then 20% for medium term investing.

With that one would not appear to be mean to ones friends, relations and oneself.

I quite agree with arogbowei, but most people may know this formulars but the bone of contention here is with the implimentation of it, i think this is were discipline comes in, and a little practice of delay gratification without meaness to friends and family members, although sometimes too many friends make u waste too many precious time and resources, and u might need to stick to your budget if u have one
Re: How To Maintain A Balance Between Saving, Investing And Living Well by abujabooks(f): 6:02pm On May 02, 2008
10% Tithe, 30% Investment 60% Daily Living.

(1) (Reply)

Farming For Export / What To Make Money Online / Video Game Fair & Tournament ™ [win A Chevrolet AVEO + N1.5m] Sign Up For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.