Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

MTN Left Out As NCC Lifts Suspension Of Promotions On Airtel, Globacom, Etisalat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Left Out As NCC Lifts Suspension Of Promotions On Airtel, Globacom, Etisalat (695 Views)

NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration / NCC Sanctions Airtel, MTN, Globacom, Etisalat For Contravening Promo Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Left Out As NCC Lifts Suspension Of Promotions On Airtel, Globacom, Etisalat by Alexanda07(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
The Nigerian Communications Commission
(NCC) has lifted the ban placed on
promotions on Airtel, Globacom and Etisalat
networks, Mr Tony Ojobo, the NCC Director
of Public Affairs, has said .

He stated this in Lagos on Friday that the
lifting of the ban was because the three
service providers met the regulatory body’s
December 2012 Key Performance Indicators
(KPIs).

Ojobo, however, said that the ban placed
on promotions on MTN network was still in
force.

“The ban on MTN still remains in force until
the KPIs are met. We expect that the
networks will all continue to provide good
Quality of Service (QoS),” he said.

It would be recalled that the NCC, on Nov.
12, 2012, placed the ban on all promotions
by telecom operators as well as lotteries on
the GSM networks.

Ojobo then said that the ban, which took
immediate effect, would remain in force
until the commission decided otherwise. He
said the ban was introduced because NCC
was inundated with many complaints from
consumers and stakeholders against the
various promotions offered by the
operators.

Ojobo said that the commission carefully
evaluated the complaints to sustain the
integrity of the networks.

He said that the complaints were also
evaluated in the general interest of
consumers and socio-economic impact.
(NAN)

Source:
www.informationng.com/2013/04/mtn-left-out-as-ncc-lifts-suspension-of-promotions-on-airtel-globacom-etisalat.html
Re: MTN Left Out As NCC Lifts Suspension Of Promotions On Airtel, Globacom, Etisalat by bigt2(m): 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
Good for them. They have a crappy network cos anytime u attempt to make a call around 7pm upwards, uve gotta pray u r lucky. It piiissses me off! angry
Re: MTN Left Out As NCC Lifts Suspension Of Promotions On Airtel, Globacom, Etisalat by chineduace(m): 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
There's nothing wonderful about other networks. I'm neither supporting MTN nor attacking them however i use all networks and MTN is still the best for me. Meanwhile note that user experience varies according to location. Maybe MTN didn't play ball.
Re: MTN Left Out As NCC Lifts Suspension Of Promotions On Airtel, Globacom, Etisalat by luluosas(m): 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
Of all MTN's money, they can't fix their network? This is surprising.
Re: MTN Left Out As NCC Lifts Suspension Of Promotions On Airtel, Globacom, Etisalat by physise(m): 1:04am On Apr 14, 2013
Good 4 dem,make dey fix deir 3g network
Re: MTN Left Out As NCC Lifts Suspension Of Promotions On Airtel, Globacom, Etisalat by francis247(m): 3:05am On Apr 14, 2013
No wonder MTN'S Data services is currently d best.
Re: MTN Left Out As NCC Lifts Suspension Of Promotions On Airtel, Globacom, Etisalat by otokx(m): 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
MTN voice network is so bad today in the Port Harcourt area.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Officially Available In Nigeria / Good News :- Lost Your Android Phone ? Google Will Help You Locate It! / After Updating My Nokia 110 I Have Streaming Problem Stops At 60%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.