Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,274 members, 7,954,081 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:01 PM

The Lover Of Northern Nigeria. The Liberator Of Mandela, Adieu Thatcher (OM) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lover Of Northern Nigeria. The Liberator Of Mandela, Adieu Thatcher (OM) (703 Views)

#throwback Picture Of Mandela, Jnr Martin Luther And Nnamdi Kanu...photo Speaks / Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 / Nigeria Airbrushed Out Of Mandela’s Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lover Of Northern Nigeria. The Liberator Of Mandela, Adieu Thatcher (OM) by callmenow: 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
When Thatcher visited the exalted Emir in 1988, after having visited her friend IBB, who was later granted a state visit to London, she attested to the good nature of the North. She sold armoured tanks to IBB, helped Nigeria get IMF loans, and rescheduled Nigeria's extant debts. If the Iron lady approved Kano, as opposed to PH and the notorious otokoto heartland, she knew that the North was better than other parts of Naija. She did everything because of her love of the North. http://www.thescoopng.com/in-photos-margaret-thatchers-visit-to-kano-in-1988/
She also forced FW De Kerk to release Mandela. Mandela later travelled to London to thank her personally for his liberation. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/10/margaret-thatcher-apartheid-mandela
She is a reasonable gal who knew what is good and bad. She did more good than bad. I am writing this after my visit to London Trafalgar in pouring rain this evening, 13 April, 2013. There were placards cursing her for inflicting painful defeat on Mine workers union, the print Union, the steel union, selling council flats (which ironically enriched our Nigerian brothers and sisters wjho were legally in UK) etc. I was saddened because she did more for Africa than the Americans did, quietly, without any fanfare. Our South Eastern brothers in Nigeria have borne their defeat with dignity for the past 43 years. They should learn from the Igbos how to behave in defeat. It is time for the defeated class warriors of the UK to sheath their swords and move on. I will restate her famous phrase, No! No! No!

(1) (Reply)

Islamic militants Ansaru( JAMB) Warns MEND Against Attacks On Muslims / What Do You Think Is The Problem Of These Northerners? / Social Media Critics Should “fear God”, Information Minister, Maku Says-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.