Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! (8728 Views)

Poll: Do you support the ban of condoms and other "unnatural" contraceptives?

Yes: 7% (8 votes)
No: 92% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by SignorZax: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2008
HA Ha Ha!

I tot it was only SHARIA in the North, so there is also NO CONDOM in the East, next it will be only "God knows what" in the West.
Haba! THE NIGERIA OF MY DREAMS.

amaikama:

We are all quick to condem but slow to reason. sad Is the world full that we need to control our child birth or population? For guys, how much do u spend on condoms in a day, week or months?
You sure do talk like a fool. Is condom necessary only for birth control? You must be very myopic and small minded.
WAKE UP FELLA!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by gentlegg(m): 3:04pm On Apr 12, 2008
I wish there were no condoms in existence so that people can suffer the consequences of fornication.

Condom only succeeded in giving people certificate to fornication without punishment. Hence human beings keep getting immoral everyday, just because they can now do wrong with safety. WHAT ABOUT THE WRONG (fornication /fucking) STILL BEEN DONE?

If you're bold enough to have sex outside marriage, why not be bold enough to face STDs, unwanted pregnancies etc?
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by amaikama(m): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2008
Signorzax or watever u call ur self. wen someone make post abot a comment, either good or bad never call him a fool even God said whoever calls someone a fool is in denger of hell. the chances of two people responding to a post to meet other viewers understanding is slim and if not, it should not be seeing as an insult.

I will appreciate it if u take back wat u said.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by echezz: 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2008
Rebellious, you've said it all. This is simply outrageous and uncivilised. Damn! Are we in 18th century?
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Terminator: 7:54am On Apr 13, 2008
why didn't they scrap the police force, so that parents will ve the responsibilities to bring up Holy children.
Peter Obi and his Catholic brain has gone to the cleaners. Most of these same politicians are Cultists and win elections in unholy ways and means even by killing.
Some Christians amasses me, they will pick on things that do not exist in the Bible just cos a Pastor or Rev Father said so without checking what the Bible actually say about it.
Can any1 pls quote any part of the Bible that says the use of contraception is a sin.
I was a catholic once, boy that denomination of Christianity is garbage. I was almost getting into the Seminary thank God I did not make that mistake.
Pls 4give me 4 turning this section into a religious one, just to angry that a group of legislators can be so stupid.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by kidblade(m): 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2008
dis is totally unbeliveable.i wont be suprised if unwanted pregnacies and hiv aids increase rapidly
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2008
shouldn't this thread be locked by now since the state Government on their official website deny such claim.
Is there no moderator on this section?
Seun abeg select me make I lock this thread quick quick.
Before oyb and the others start rushing to Anambra to sew their seeds lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2008
ANAMBRA STATE DID NOT BAN THE USE OF CONDOM

I wish to state for the avoidance of doubt that Anambra State did not at any time ban the use of condom. It is not even contemplating that.

The statement credited to the Hon. Commissioner for Health, Dr. Linus Amobi Ilika is therefore false. The Commissioner only said that in the ABC of prevention from HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases, that abstinence comes first, followed by marital faithfulness and others.

Further, he counselled those growing up to embrace our pristine value of chastity as he warned that abortion remains a crime.

As a pro-life member and an ardent Catholic, just like some of us, he may be personally opposed to the use of condom on the understanding that it is wrong to stop any act of procreation already begun, but he has not said nor has he advocated that it becomes a state policy.

Beyond condom issue, the concern of the State Government is that health care is properly developed in the state. This explains the efforts of the State Government, which has already led to the accreditation of many health institutions in the State, the building of Cardiac and Heart centre, the provision of ambulances to our hospitals, and the massive provision of infrastructure in our hospitals. The sustenance of this revolution is the concern of the Government and not the moral question of whether condom should be used or not.

Valentine Obienyem
Special Assistant to Gov. Obi on Media and Publicity

http://www.anambrastateng.org/general/news.php?id=53&page=story

Oya make una shut una mouth and let's discuss how Ekiti state has mandated that all men over the age of 28 must marry 10 wives to curtail the growth of overgrown girls grin
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by 4Play(m): 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2008
Hmmm. . . .person want get TOH irate. grin

The story na true sha.Ekiti passed a law mandating polygamy for "financially sound" men. shocked
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Seun(m): 8:23pm On Apr 15, 2008
<sarcasm>
Clearly, the UN reporter was lying against the Anambra state health commissioner.
Afterall, politicians never lie. When they are wrong, they always admit it.
</sarcasm>
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by 4Play(m): 8:27pm On Apr 15, 2008
UN reporter? What is his name?

That would be a first!The state health commissioner announcing a new Govt policy through some 'anonymous' reporter.That also explains why people in Awka had never heard of this measure.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Dee12(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2008
i never heard this ever in my whole entire life , someone had better tell me this is not true, coming from the most populated country in africa, and anambra?of all places ,anambra?this is a joke!!!!!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by dantolee(m): 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2008
unleash the nightmare, angry do they think because they take the condees away, people will stop porking? they might as well take sevral HIV infected needles and start jabbing everyone they see, this is what happens when stupidity outweighs rationality, don't they know its better to have the lesser of two evils? , no one CARES!!!!! angry take the condees, see if it makes the situation any better( yeah right) but common sense connotes that people are more inclined to indulging their desires when under the canopy of scrutiny and inhibition (i.e porkers will always pork, condee or no condee!), good luck with that silly scheme!.

then again maybe this is part of some government conspiracy to get a lot of people infected and die off so as to thin out the population herd, anambrans and visitors, BEWARE!!! undecided
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2008
whatever do they mean by baning th ose life savers.even the vatican has not done so.typical of nigerians, overzealous to the core in anything,bd or bad.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2008
Please add source to your posts @Theresa
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by dee02(m): 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2008
thresa8:

hummmmmmmmm.

you are a motor mouth, fu*king hell!lol
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Daness(m): 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2008
this is total stupidity.The authorities involved should think of better things to do.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by grafikdon: 1:14am On Apr 23, 2008
You people just don't know when to quit. This 'news' is strange to the people of Awka, meaning; it never happened. You're all acting like the girl who said Igbo men marry from the age of 60 and wouldn't spare anyone who dares to truncate her unfounded claim. If you put two and two together, you'd know that such a ridiculous 'law' will never see the light of day, not in Anambra State.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by nwandolina(f): 2:07am On Apr 23, 2008
told them!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 4:05am On Apr 23, 2008
So this topic still exists?
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by SergentR(m): 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2008
I am sure they have not told us the target of this ban. This is because i dont see any sence in it.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by juman(m): 9:03am On Feb 21, 2023
Funny governor that like to be president.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by 2elliot: 9:09am On Feb 21, 2023
juman:
Funny governor that like to be president.
you be big gbaun, sense sei fa.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Hopium: 10:51am On Feb 21, 2023
Na to pass bill make obidients no dey do kerewawa if Pandora win.

Without contraceptives, na to just declare state of emergency because na dull and mumu obident pikins go just gboku for obodo naijaria. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uk Spy Chiefs Warn About Nigeria Terror Threat / S’south Not Part Of Biafra, Kokori Tells MASSOB / Esn Strikes This Morning Burning Another Bus And Its Passengers GRAPHIC VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.