Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family (2000 Views)

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Beautiful Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by adesbreath: 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
It bothers me that as the head of the home some men do not go to church. They subsitute their time for God for Time For work or other things, pls men that go to church tell us why you do, and women tell us how u feel when ur hubby works on sundays or just refuses to go to church yet he is a christain. Thanks.
Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by akinreals: 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2013
It is very important for a man of the house to go to church with his wife and children. The bible says teach a child the way he should go, when he grows up, he will not depart from it. As a man, u have to gather your family together early in the morning, share the word of God with them, pray with them. It's a good thing to teach our children d way of the Lord. Pls talk to ur husband, am sure he will listen. God bless u.
Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by adesbreath: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2013
Your reply is so on point.I have stopped talking as it has not made any change, I have resolved to prayer. Thank you Akin.
Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 15, 2013
Most men don't go to church on sundays cos its d same thing over and over again,tithe,prophet offerin,thanksgivin,special offerin and so many ways of collectin their hard earned money from them.either way,its all about givin to receive!and since most pple r plagued by guilty conscience,like wen pastor say give and they don't give,d better stay at home. Or dey don't like d way d pastor is preachn or dat particular church is no longer healthy for him.then again,it might also b dat he no longer get d heavenly connection wen in church so what's d use,d church is our number one social gatherin wher pple measure one another up,some guys r not ready for such.@op,if ur man don't go to church,he must hv bn sayin one or two thing he don't lk abt his church.hv u tried discusin with him for a change of church? And d kind of church he likes? TeLl him to look 4 d church himself and u will go with him. If he don't want to go at all,let him be.even if he no de pray again, pray for him and please no bashin. After all 1+1=1.my opinion anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by damiso(f): 7:17am On Apr 15, 2013
Alot of men are very logical beings and except they choose to ignore sometimes cant ignore some things that happen esp in pentecostal churches.My hubby was born in the Anglican communion and i was born a muslim and converted.I go to a pentecostal church cos i really was not feeling spiritually in tune with the whole church of england thing.He agreed for me to worship where i want and has gone with me to church a few times.To be honest the way he keeps asking for scriptural.backup for stuff esp monetary part can be so annoying(and sometimes he is right).So its back to the church of england for him.The kids go with him most times and sometimes with me.I am really thinking of going back with him cos i am really battling my spirit man on some things in my present church.

As will say may God help us all.
Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2013
adesbreath: Your reply is so on point.I have stopped talking as it has not made any change, I have resolved to prayer. Thank you Akin.
if he did not always go to church when you were courting and you were thinking you will make him start going to church after marriage,you are on a long thing however if he wasn't like that during courtship and marriage and then all of a sudden,he changes,live him to God however,i will suggest you buy cds on sermons from different pastors for your husband and convince him to watch it after you and your kids have gone to church,he might watch it and from there you dont know which sermon he will watch that God will touch his heart and he will find one of them interesting and then have the urge to go with you to church or any church he wishes,the bottomline is that he goes to church TO WORSHIP.that was the way my mom left my dad to God after too much talking failed.my dad now is baba ijo.he doesnt joke woth sundays.he is so commited now.once he wakes up by 5am,he wakes everyone up to start doing their duties and prepare for church.the essence of this my story is KNOW YOUR MAN and know your God

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 15, 2013
chaircover: Church is not just about Praise worship sermon and offering. if you are in the right church you will see that it is a community.

My husband is the leader of the mens group and is also on the board so I see first hand that there is a lot more to just going to church and a lot goes on behind the scenes.

Lets not forget that Many people go to church for various different reasons, some are lonely, some want a friend, some need an encouraging word for that time, some just want someone to talk to and that is why men should also be there to help and encourage these people. The women cant do it alone.

You are right though, there is a shortage of men in church and its sad because there presence is really needed. They are the leaders of the home and they should be the one nourishing the family with Gods word and leading by example.

Pastors are only human, so they do sometimes get it wrong and some sermons can be lipsrsealed but one should look at the bigger picture. Staying at home because a pastor said the wrong thing or you didnt like the way you have been asked to pay for an offering is not the answer. If you dont like your church, find another church but please dont stay at home.
exactly.when i left my parents house 9 years back to another state to go and work,i looked for a church that was similar to the church my parents used to go but i didnt see.all the churches i went,i didn't fill fulfilled and i was treated like a stranger.the people that were there only talked to their members that they were used to so i just stopped going to church for 5 months.every sundays was for laundar,cooking,shopping and watching movies and so there was a sunday i was going to a friend's place,i was around iwo road caught up in a traffic when one lady handed a deeper life tract to me.the following sunday i traced the adress written in the tract and drove down there.as soon as i got there,a lady came to tap me from behind where i was sitting during sermon saying 'sister why is your hair not covered' nawa o,the next thing she did was fling a hanky at me to cover my hair.i was upset because she flinged it instead of handing it directly to me.i was so upset that day because of her rude and brash action.i stood up and left because not only did she distract me,she was very rude and annoying.i just drove to the nearest mr biggs outlet and ordered for driedrice,chicken and a drink just to cool off and take my mind off there.i kept on with my church search the following sunday of course with a scarf in case it is a church that requires covering of hair and so while driving along the streets of ife,looking for a church,i saw mfm and decided to go there.this peeps were so warm,hospitable and respectful,i felt so comfortable there however the sermon was short and it was more of prayers that was how i became a full time mfm member o cheesy every this,jump out and die cheesy every that somersault and die cheesy.infact,if they call,send encouraging text messages etc.if i travel home sef,they call.those peeps are just a blessing to me cheesy.when any of our members want to do wedding,convocation etc,we rally round the person.these peeps volunteer to be ushers that will serve food on the d day and do general logistics sha.they are always there for you,so thats how a church should be like.a family,not a gossip centre and all that

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by damiso(f): 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
chaircover: Going to Church is not just about Praise worship sermon and offering and if you are in the right church you will see that it is a community.

My husband is very active in the church, so I see first hand that there is a lot more to just going to church and a lot goes on behind the scenes.

Lets not forget that Many people go to church for various different reasons, some are lonely, some want a friend, some need an encouraging word for that time, some just want someone to talk to and that is why men should also be there to help and encourage these people. The women cant do it alone.

There is a shortage of men in church and its sad because there presence is really needed. They are the leaders of the home and they should be the one nourishing the family with Gods word and leading by example.

One cant go wrong with the word of God and it can be applied in all situations. It feeds and waters you anywhere that you find yourself; It will help you to live with your wife and children in your marriage, how to treat your neighbours, the poor and needy, How to deal with temptation, disappointment, fear and so many different emotions and situations that we find yourself in.

Pastors are only human, so they do sometimes get it wrong and some sermons can be lipsrsealed but one should look at the bigger picture. Staying at home because a pastor said the wrong thing or you didnt like the way you have been asked to pay for an offering is not the answer. If you dont like your church and you feel that you are not growing, then please find another church but please dont stay at home.
at home.

I am a leader in my church as well and madam CC your post more or less used to be my sermon to my husband.I then realised that in a way i was making it a my church is better than your church argument.As i said even though i am a leader in my church(its a small parish) studying the Word and paying attention to some things is making me question why i am serving?Is my service tied to genuine love or the fact that i feel i am almost indispensable in my parish?My husband who i am trying to convert to my "spirit filled" church does he sometimes not even bear the fruit of the spirit than even me self?Who am i to judge that all members of the anglican communion are simply not as good a christian as i am because the leadership of the church have compromised on some stuff i.e gay marriage,female bishops etc(though the new archbishop of canterbury is very traditional).Has my husband's vicar not shown as much love to my family as my pastor(sometimes more sef cos he did not check tithe record to write a recommendation for my daughter to get into the school she presently attends).In all sha I agree that a man needs the Word in most areas of life.
Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by Pataki: 8:41am On Apr 16, 2013
I suppose this topic is directed at families with christian background.

Seeking for justification as to church going is simply for me a religious exercise. I hate religion. That said, a man of the home should first and foremost learn to develop a personal relationship with God. Irrespective of what the family church they might all be attending.

The reason why most men fail in attending church these days is simply from the fact that the church sadly no longer serves as an example of love giving and sharing. It is all about selfish interests, collection, connection and mostly show off by most church members.
Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by dayokanu(m): 11:19am On Apr 16, 2013
In my own side of the world church time usually coincide with the time for the hot Premiership games

And watching football is the highlight of the weekend for me. Dont suggest recording the games cos I would already know scores before coming back

My partner cant understand why I would choose to watch ball instead of church and I cant understand why I would choose to go to church when Man City is playing Chelsea

How we go do am?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by adesbreath: 7:09am On Apr 26, 2013
kulyie: if he did not always go to church when you were courting and you were thinking you will make him start going to church after marriage,you are on a long thing however if he wasn't like that during courtship and marriage and then all of a sudden,he changes,live him to God however,i will suggest you buy cds on sermons from different pastors for your husband and convince him to watch it after you and your kids have gone to church,he might watch it and from there you dont know which sermon he will watch that God will touch his heart and he will find one of them interesting and then have the urge to go with you to church or any church he wishes,the bottomline is that he goes to church TO WORSHIP.that was the way my mom left my dad to God after too much talking failed.my dad now is baba ijo.he doesnt joke woth sundays.he is so commited now.once he wakes up by 5am,he wakes everyone up to start doing their duties and prepare for church.the essence of this my story is KNOW YOUR MAN and know your God
. Thanks, but funny enough he introduced me to the church am presently attending. As you said, I will leave him for God.
Re: Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 03, 2015
Going to church is not necessarily important as there are many fake churches and pastors these days. Church will motivate or inspire you but it won't take you to heaven. What is important as a Christian is to accept Jesus as the Lord and Saviour, believe He did for our sins and He rose from the dead. Just because some people do not go to church doesn't mean they are bad or ungodly.

(1) (Reply)

Women And Marriage / A Man's Guide To Dressing For His Wedding / Why Do Women Collect Any Money Spent In The House From Their Purse From Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.