Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Are Men Smarter Than Women? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Men Smarter Than Women? (5094 Views)

Poll: Are men smarter than women?

Yes: 45% (28 votes)
No: 54% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter / 7 Hobbies Science Says Will Make You Smarter. / Jacob Barnett, 14, With Asperger's Syndrome, May Be Smarter Than Einstein! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men Smarter Than Women? by virozuru(f): 11:05pm On May 10, 2006
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by beyonce1(f): 12:47am On May 11, 2006
can I modify your question to WHY ARE WOMEN SO HIGHLY SMARTER THAN MEN ? wink cheesy
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by chinani(f): 12:53am On May 11, 2006
No.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Saddam: 1:02am On May 11, 2006
Definately men are smarter than women
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by BellaRouge(f): 2:06am On May 11, 2006
Nope, men are not smarter than women. I guess it depends on the individual. It's just as unfair to say that "men are smarter" as it is to say "women are smarter". Each individual is different.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Seun(m): 2:29am On May 11, 2006
Of course, the answer is no. But we need some highly sexist people to make this topic more interesting!
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by beyonce1(f): 2:50am On May 11, 2006
YEAH RIGHT ! not when all of them r 'chikening' out ! silence means agreement shey ?

Scientifically proven, it's five years difference of higher intelligence quotient IQ in favour of women compared to men in all ages wink I AM SO PROUD TO BE CREATED A WOMAN !

ALSO, the ultimate, this explains it all A woman can smartly/successfully single handedly run a home with kids, and it all results well now turn it around

1 Like

Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by hotangel2(f): 2:58am On May 11, 2006
No, men arent smarter than women. They just always try to 'prove' that they are smarter than women.

They know they aren't smarter than women, so they act as though they r smarter, but really, they aren't smart.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Dauda(m): 4:12am On May 11, 2006
Without a doubt, men are generally smarter than women. There are some smart women, but they are only a handful.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Seun(m): 4:31am On May 11, 2006
Thank you, dauda. I love you. Any response from the ladies? cheesy
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by bolex(m): 4:49am On May 11, 2006
lol

why did a woman not come up with the concept of

Nairaland

face of festac

hi5

yahoo

msn

google

yahoo messenger

computer

electricity

fire extinguisher

airplane

to mention but a few ,,,,,

grin

it's right to fight for yourselves

I feel you

But you gotta agree on this

God took the form of a man, and has always been recognised as HIM

I aint saying he is man or woman, but He made men the head

You can't overthrow us

We run things

Now, I hope I have answered your question ?

The best thing women do are stuffs they do in :

Sex and the city, Desperate Housewives, Footballer's wives  **crap**
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by bolex(m): 4:51am On May 11, 2006
ps: women are also smart because I know the lady behind

www.radiopalmwine.com

Her name is Dupe

cool

But, men are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smarter than women

grin
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by larger20(m): 4:53am On May 11, 2006
Seun i dont answer question like this cos its stupid, u should have another colum that says it should be either way
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by BellaRouge(f): 5:31am On May 11, 2006
bolex:

lol

why did a woman not come up with the concept of

Nairaland

face of festac

hi5

yahoo

msn

google

yahoo messenger

computer

electricity

fire extinguisher

airplane

to mention but a few ,,,,,

Because they are busy doing more important thing like umm, populating the world so that the human species does not go extinct . I could make a list of more IMPORTANT things that were invented by women but, I'd rather not.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by hotangel2(f): 7:08am On May 11, 2006
Bolex, u r not serious.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Ashiwaju(m): 7:50am On May 11, 2006
a CLEAR TOPIC WOULD BE PREFERABLE! The issue of being smart has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with being a Girl or a Guy. I think its rather natural.

@bolex

I am not supposed to be doing dis but i hate being sentimental, If woman can't invent the afformentioned, it still doesnt change a thing, continuity is what keeps us going and of what use is all these invention without life.we need continuity and we need life.

@ all

Shey una nova see man wey dey cheat woman inside exam hall? abi una nova see female professor wey dey teach men to succeed in life ni,i don see guy wey woman dupe and vice versa, so its natural (in my own Opy)
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by zionchic(f): 8:48am On May 11, 2006
what the heck! are men smarter than women? Actually i know we could focus on both sides and say it depends on the individual, but i'm not interested in that crap now. if my buddy bolex feels he can sit up there and talk about the inventions of men, i'm sorry to say "that is so so myopic" how are you sure these guys came up with those inventions by themselves, do you want to tell mii of a certainty that these guys all thot up these things and single handedly carried it out, forget about Nairaland, let's talk about the bigger stuffs. (not to disrespect the admin).

@ Bolex

Did you brag about guys coming up with ideas like

MSN

face of festac

hi5

yahoo

msn

google

yahoo messenger

computer

electricity

fire extinguisher

airplane

watch the majority of the things outlined they have to do with computer, to amaze you, did you know that a woman (Grace hopper) invented the first compiler? i didn't think so (just incase a compiler is a software program that makes other programs easier to write) and did you know that the same woman invented COBOL, a programming language which enables computers to communicate with one another? NO huh? Did you also know she was the first to "debug " a computer? i really do not think you knew all these 'because if you did you wouldn't proudly pronounce all the inventions of men which were possible due to the breakthrough of a woman.

Medicine

Gertrude Elion invented the leukemia-fighting drug 6-mercaptopurine and drugs that facilitated kidney transplants.

Rachel Fuller Brown and Elizabeth Lee Hazen invented the worlds first useful antifungal antibiotic - nystatin

(just to mention a few)

Sincerely i don't think you want to get mii started on this.

hollun a second, was the question about men being smarter than women! i think i just proved that to you by educating you on this. Go to bed with some added knowledge it costs nothing.  wink smiley (no hard feelings buddy) tongue
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by xkape(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2006
Studies suggest that women are slightly more intelligent (or so i read somewhere)
but in my opinion, there are substances in make up, chick fashion, and sitcoms (desperate housewives,sex and the city etc etc) that reduce IQ drastically. So the net effect is, go figure

1 Like

Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by olex(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2006
Men are not smarter than women. But there appears to be scientific evidence that the male and female brains perceive spatial geometry differently. This may give men a slight edge when reading maps and dealing with mathematical problems, but doesn’t necessarily make them any smarter than women.

Also because men undergo less seasonal hormonal changes, they tend to be more focused over a long period of time. Monthly menstrual cycle changes do affect the moods of women, but I do not think this is serious enough to affect brain productivity.

The reason why men have made most inventions is because societies have largely been male-dominated. As things even out, we can expect to see more innovative companies started up by ladies.

Not just that, but as more Africans become educated and partake in science and technology, we can also expect more high-tech discoveries to come from blacks.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by zionchic(f): 10:09am On May 11, 2006
@ Olex

nice comment, i won't praise you totally though wink, but you have a point saying the society has been more male dominated that's why men have been able to invent more, but with women launching out i believe the number will increase, statistics has it that in the nearest future female inventors will hit about 50% of inventors, rising from the present 20%.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Seun(m): 10:16am On May 11, 2006
Source, please. Link to the source of the statistics you are referring to!
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by zionchic(f): 10:36am On May 11, 2006
@ seun

http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blwomeninventors.htm

there you go seun read the last paragraph.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by kimba(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2006
Medically, women have a tendency to be smarter. Even in academics, even if the girls do not come out as first position, all the females in the class usually do very well. But really they dont use much of their brains, or should i say they are not given the opportunity to use their brain in this world we live in, coz first of all, they consider themselves as the weaker sex, they are schooled in that idea until they begin to pride and glory in it and so men take a baton on that advantage, which in turn weakens everything about them(women), especially when they start giving birth.

Tell a woman to sit down and think, she wont think, as in she wont just think.
Tell a man to sit down and think, he will think, even if it will be something totally stupid.
Leave her alone until shes in a fix, she will think, and you might be surprised all together.
Leave a man alone, until he's in a fix, thats when he stops thinking.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by bolex(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2006
I wonder where tha men are

This is a battle o

Hey , women

if you are so way smarter than men

why aint ya taking the whole responsibilties we take

huh ?
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by zionchic(f): 11:45am On May 11, 2006
what responsibilities if i may ask?
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by bolex(m): 11:47am On May 11, 2006
****thinking****

you know this is a sensitive thread

& for me to keep replying ya'll is what might cause kasala

I can see the whole gals wanna chew me out already

lol

anywayz, sometimes women are smart

But men are smarter than women
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by zionchic(f): 11:49am On May 11, 2006
la la la i don't agree convince mii
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by nobody2: 12:39pm On May 11, 2006
if we put it in war terms, women are using the gorrila war tactice which is the most dangerious of all.
if u cool down u will see women. very smart beings. they operate from behind and go a long way in out-smarting men.
women, na u biko
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Rottweiler(m): 1:10pm On May 11, 2006
We all know the truth. It's like saying God is a woman angry
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Rolly: 2:14pm On May 11, 2006
look this is silly, anyone that thinks and believes that he/she is very smart is the dumbest person in the world. the smartest person as far as i know and believe is the one who says that he/she knows nothing and is ready to learn even thought u know he/she is smart.

Guys, i'm saying it again, stop tooting ur horns!!! everyone is smart i their own way. i pray we all live to see the day, time and century when women will overtake men bocs all the men(at least most of them) are thinking of how smart they are which in fact they are not and nothing else.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by omogenikky(f): 3:06pm On May 11, 2006
It's a question just like this that cost the Harvard President his job,
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by diyobdw(f): 3:39pm On May 11, 2006
I will sit on the fence and watch on this one lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advanced Diploma And Hnd / Only A Genius Can Crack The Code(pics) / Unilorin Political Science Exam Question That Got Students Sweating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.