Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:37 PM

Are Men Smarter Than Women? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Men Smarter Than Women? (5100 Views)

Poll: Are men smarter than women?

Yes: 45% (28 votes)
No: 54% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter / 7 Hobbies Science Says Will Make You Smarter. / Jacob Barnett, 14, With Asperger's Syndrome, May Be Smarter Than Einstein! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Rottweiler(m): 3:46pm On May 11, 2006
I know one smart woman on Nairaland. We had lunch together a few days back. cool wink cool
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by diyobdw(f): 3:48pm On May 11, 2006
Wow!! is she smarter than any guy you know on nairaland?
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by uche1(m): 4:06pm On May 11, 2006
I would like there to be equality between the sexes. In many ways there are, but there are some small differences men performed marginally, but consistently, better than women, irrespective of age, ethnicity or social background.

men performed marginally, but consistently, better than women, irrespective of age, ethnicity or social background.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Rottweiler(m): 4:47pm On May 11, 2006
diyobdw:

Wow!! is she smarter than any guy you know on nairaland?

She is but I wouldn't want to mention names lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by dearzi(f): 4:58pm On May 11, 2006
I'm thinking the person that started this thread's a guy--that should give you your answer right there! cuz this isn't a topic for debate.

Men have their strengths--they're good for taking out the trash, fixing stuff around the house, sitting on the couch and battling with the remote, and when they're Hot they want to get some. Women, on the other hand, run the show! it takes great smarts to take care of a man's whims, as nonsensical as some of them can be, run the household, nurture the kids, see they get good grades in school, if the man brings home the bacon, the woman makes the bacon--it don't make itself! plus, it takes a smart woman to catch and keep a man. If the man's caught by the same ol' tricks, tells you the level of his IQ tongue

@Bolex
You say God took the woman out of the man, true, why? cuz the man needed help! though the help he needed was in himself--he couldn't do it! and so God created woman. In the race of knowledge, women beat men to seeking knowledge, take Eve for example, she sought to know and ate the fruit, and her husband followed suit--not the other way round. So, it's in women, we just need to be given the opportunity to prove ourselves, if only high handed men would give us the chance--we'll show y'all what we can do, and how smart we are.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by virozuru(f): 5:01pm On May 11, 2006
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by dearzi(f): 5:14pm On May 11, 2006
Well, the response was written under the assumption that the thread was begun by a guy.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by blasterman(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2006
well all i can say is when a woman wants to get something from a man then she uses all her wit and she can be considered as smart to herself and ppl .because he would not reason well if a gril he likes outwitting him he rather is looking at wat he gonna get from her -"physically".

when it is about relationship and getting a man to fall or succumb a woman is smarter but in terms of reasoing complex and illogical problems a man is still and will always b the bossman

WORD
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by IykeD1(m): 6:10pm On May 11, 2006
I am about to get in trouble but what the heck,

Are Men Smarter Than Women?

Its hard to say either one way or the other. I know women who are much smarter
than me and I also know women who are, how do we put it, a bit slower than me,
There are several factors at play when it comes to intelligence or smartness - genetic,
environmental, etc.

Now, comments like this are simply stereotypical, but they make for fun reading.
Talk about running the show, Question: why will a SMART woman wants to catch
and keep a non-SMART man and go all through all the hassles listed below? Oh,
don't tell me its only because of her sexual needs,

dearzi:

Men have their strengths--they're good for taking out the trash, fixing stuff around the
house, sitting on the couch and battling with the remote, and when they're Hot they
want to get some. Women, on the other hand, run the show! it takes great smarts to
take care of a man's whims, as nonsensical as some of them can be, run the household,
nurture the kids, see they get good grades in school, if the man brings home the bacon,
the woman makes the bacon--it don't make itself! plus, it takes a smart woman to catch
and keep a man. If the man's caught by the same ol' tricks, tells you the level of his IQ tongue
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by dearzi(f): 6:29pm On May 11, 2006
Like you said, Iyke-D, it's just for fun reading. Mind you, i didn't say the man was "non-smart." He could've been a super fly player, now wrapped around a lil sweet lady's lil finger smiley
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by mazaje(m): 6:39pm On May 11, 2006
reserch has shown that men are indeed smater than women because men have a part of their brain(front of their left hemisphere) that is responsible for deep thinking and spartial activities while women dont have that in their brains. thats no matter how smart women are they are never inventors u can name a few invention made by women but 90% of the things invented in this world were invented by men. Its a mans world no doubt that why most of the leaders in the world are men and thats why there are more heros than heroines in the world when it comes to smartness and inventiveness. women have a special part of their brain that is responsible for speech while men dont have that thats why women speak better than men, a five year old baby girl speaks 2-3times more than a 5 year old baby boy cos of that difference. so there is no need arguing about this cos the Creator made men smater than women and that remains a fact.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by diyobdw(f): 6:54pm On May 11, 2006
what research?--fact!!! please
lets learn for you

1 Like

Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by dearzi(f): 7:09pm On May 11, 2006
i won't be shocked if it's a man that conducted the research, if it was conducted at all.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by bolex(m): 7:16pm On May 11, 2006
Guess what guyz

you will get 10,000 posts on this thread and not come to a conclusion

This thread is polarizing

I will conclude later

Let the posts continue

That's ma 10th cent cool
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by hotangel2(f): 8:34pm On May 11, 2006
*sighs*.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by shadex1(m): 1:42am On May 12, 2006
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by babadee(m): 2:48pm On May 12, 2006
Can't stop laughing.
how can, i mean for why na?, i mean its hilarious to even think of it.
God made man in his image and God is him so need i say more?
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by dearzi(f): 3:11pm On May 12, 2006
How convenient to lump all of mankind into the word "man" Now "man is God" wonders! women were still taken out of man o! so women too are God! afterall, we're all made in His image.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Eastcoast(f): 6:13pm On May 12, 2006
This issue has been resolved in the 19th century. men and women have the same intelligence. As a matter of fact, the frontal lobes in women are much larger than that in men.though women have smaller brains, it is generally because women have smaller body frames than men.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Fimmy(m): 7:55pm On May 12, 2006
Who made this post?
how could u think of such a thing
Men are n will continue to be smarter than women
mazaje:

reserch has shown that men are indeed smater than women because men have a part of their brain(front of their left hemisphere) that is responsible for deep thinking and spartial activities while women don't have that in their brains. thats no matter how smart women are they are never inventors u can name a few invention made by women but 90% of the things invented in this world were invented by men. Its a mans world no doubt that why most of the leaders in the world are men and thats why there are more heros than heroines in the world when it comes to smartness and inventiveness. women have a special part of their brain that is responsible for speech while men don't have that thats why women speak better than men, a five year old baby girl speaks 2-3times more than a 5 year old baby boy because of that difference. so there is no need arguing about this because the Creator made men smater than women and that remains a fact.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by LindaM1(f): 11:34am On May 13, 2006
Bolex - ask your mother, or grandmother, or auntie, or sister, or friend, who's smarter. Better yet - define "smart". Is it a baby spider who knows how to weave its web the moment it's hatched? Is is a blade of grass that penetrates man-made cement? Intelligence is God given - it has nothing to do with gender. You wouldn't eat were it not for the 3/4ths of the world's population largely made of women who cull and harvest the world's basic food sources. Ditch your smug chauvinism and be thankful that God put the women and men in your life who are essential to your growth and being.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by goodguy(m): 11:08pm On May 13, 2006
Hell yeah! Men are smarter than women! grin

Why do most ladies have mostly guys as their friends? Cos we're smarter.

Why do ladies enjoy guys' company more? Cos we're smarter.

Why do ladies usually go to guys to help them solve their assignments? Cos we're smarter.

Why do most ladies on this forum contribute mainly to the entertainment section, chatterbox and romance, especially sexuality? And not sections that will help contribute meaningfully and positively to people's lives like the men do?? Cos they as not as smart afterall.

Why are topics like "My boyfriend. . . " always created by ladies??

Why do ladies keep getting used and dumped by guys? Cos . . .  lipsrsealed

Why do ladies always look up to the guys when it's time for spending money? . . .

Most exchange of words on this forum are usually among women. I guess you already know why.

Lastly, why are the ladies so angry with me right now? Cos the truth hurts. We're smarter!!! grin

grin grin grin grin grin

(I don die today lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed)
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Skidoc(m): 11:20pm On May 13, 2006
goodguy:

Why do most ladies on this forum contribute mainly to the entertainment section, chatterbox and romance, especially sexuality? And not sections that will help contribute meaningfully and positively to people's lives like the men do?? Cos they as not as smart afterall.

Why are topics like "My boyfriend. . . " always created by ladies??

Most exchange of words on this forum are usually among women. I guess you already know why.

Goodguy, I totally agree with you on this one oooo. Na so so Romance, Sexuality, Family, Fashion, Celebrities,etc. Hardly would you see any female in the Technology section. Though I've hardly seen any of your own posts in the so-called meaningful sections like Technology, Business, Politics, etc. tongue grin grin Including me. cool
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by goodguy(m): 11:27pm On May 13, 2006
I contribute to politics, at least. grin

Besides, note that the word "MOST" occured many times in my post.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:29pm On May 13, 2006
lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by eveseh(f): 12:24am On May 14, 2006
i think they are,but some men are foolish
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by Nia: 3:43am On May 15, 2006
hmmnnn
I know Nigeria's a little backward, but damn, this is 2006.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by maki(f): 4:01pm On May 15, 2006
lol cheesy cheesy women are smarter, ends the story grin
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by eveseh(f): 4:52pm On May 15, 2006
not all man,some man are really dumb,like dumb blonds tongue tongue
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by seunmii(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2006
I think we should judge the motive of questions like this before giving our response,otherwise this trend would turn to a battlefield.Let us not bring anyone down.thanks for the topic anyway.
Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by dakmanzero(m): 1:27pm On May 17, 2006
its like asking 'can property merchants sing better than real estate evaluators'

question has no basis, cos smartness and gender are mutually exclusive

you can say 'is chinani smarter than jagunlabi?' now that makes sense. exactly as much sense as 'is jagunlabi smarter than dakmanzero' or 'is snazzydawn smarter than typewriter'

individuals have an iq level. genders do not.

now if you said 'are men GENERALLY smarter than women', you have a real question.

unfortunately only the WHO can answer it, after they measure brain mass indexes for a large enough sample population!

now if the question is 'ON NAIRALAND are men generally smarter than women' , the answer is, without a doubt, no! tongue

1 Like

Re: Are Men Smarter Than Women? by maki(f): 2:50pm On May 17, 2006
@ Darkmanzero wink wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Admission To Sandwich Degree Programmes For 2015/2016. / God Punish Poverty! See What Almighty YOUTUBE Sent To This Nigerian Lady! / "I Lost A Job Because Of My Tattoos" (real Life Experiences)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.