Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? (21405 Views)

How Much Is Baking Soda... And Where Can I Buy It From / Where Can I Buy Baking Soda Pls? / Baking Soda And Baking Powder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by maclatunji: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
I don't see Gold Spot, Parle Soda and even Limca anymore, so what happened to them?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Acidosis(m): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
Mismanagement

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Odunnu: 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
Cocacola acquired them
maclatunji: I don't see Gold Spot, Parle Soda and even Limca anymore, so what happened to them?

7 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by maclatunji: 12:42am On Apr 16, 2013
Odunnu: Cocacola acquired them

That I know but it does not explain their disappearance from the market.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by NextProdigy(m): 2:51am On Apr 16, 2013
Limca is still very much in the market and it sells in 50cl bottles.

9 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 16, 2013
What More can i say than "Dem Don Loss"__that's all.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Davluck(m): 2:54am On Apr 16, 2013
How come you didn't mention Tandi? I loved that drink.

4 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nosyke(m): 2:57am On Apr 16, 2013
maclatunji: I don't see Gold Spot, Parle Soda and even Limca anymore, so what happened to them?
Exactly my question too. Just a couple of months back, while chatting with a friend, I was asking him why we don't see this drinks anymore.
I remember then in School, it used to be a quick lunch while waiting for Lectures(in archival).
Just get a bottle with bread and one is good to go.

Lolzzz,

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Oludrex(m): 2:57am On Apr 16, 2013
U could as well as for what happened to NITEL... Wake Up man, NOTHING LAST FOREVER.. Not in 9ja

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by desh(m): 2:58am On Apr 16, 2013
same goes 4 Dr pepe

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by logica(m): 2:59am On Apr 16, 2013
maclatunji:

That I know but it does not explain their disappearance from the market.
A competitor acquired them yet you don't see how it explains their disappearance from the market?

4 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Shegman22(m): 6:43am On Apr 16, 2013
What of Dr pepper

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Ola17: 6:44am On Apr 16, 2013
I think Limca is still in the market

2 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Stlatyv(m): 6:45am On Apr 16, 2013
logica: A competitor acquired them yet you don't see how it explains their disappearance from the market?
y do u fink people av bin movin against facebuk or google in buyin or takin ova 'whatsapp'. Once a competitor acquires anoda competitor its jst a matter of tym 'disapear mtchuahm'. They wil extract d uniquenes add it to their nd kil d acquired competitor,kipin it alive nd rolin endagers d patronization of d cocacola product itself.

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Stlatyv(m): 6:45am On Apr 16, 2013
logica: A competitor acquired them yet you don't see how it explains their disappearance from the market?
y do u fink people av bin movin against facebuk or google in buyin or takin ova 'whatsapp'. Once a competitor acquires anoda competitor its jst a matter of tym 'disapear mtchuahm'. They wil extract d uniquenes add it to their nd kil d acquired competitor,kipin it alive nd rolin endagers d patronization of d cocacola product itself. I rest ma case.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by ifyalways(f): 6:48am On Apr 16, 2013
Limca advert back in the days :

when you are having fun together
music and drink together
all you need is a drink to get the groove together
all you need is a drink
limca !
All you need is a drink
limca !

Parle soda is my kind of drink
cheers.(a guy working out on a bicycle with a towel in his neck)
cheesy

Limca and Parle soda are still found in Onitsha.Gold spot is what I've not seen for sometime now.

11 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 16, 2013
Is schweps still in †ђξ market?

7 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by wendieposh: 6:58am On Apr 16, 2013
Limca still exists. Goldspot,Parle Soda,Tandi,Dr Pepper,Crush are all dead and long buried. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Ama28(f): 7:00am On Apr 16, 2013
I thought Limca is still circulation at Awka? That's where I saw it last few years ago.
Anyway most companies winding up still boils down to our government's hostility towards production.
The fact that we are still a consumer nation at this age in time is appalling.

We are busy importing energy drink and juice (poisons). Then you can imagine the effect such importation for 160million people will have on foreign market!
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by MEILYN(m): 7:01am On Apr 16, 2013
i drank limca yesterday nah......l

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Tsmooth1(m): 7:02am On Apr 16, 2013
People nowadays prefer Alomo than them.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 16, 2013
The same thing that happened to Crush,
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by saintneo(m): 7:06am On Apr 16, 2013
Those drinks are still in existence, but in limited capacity. You can find it mainly in Abia & Anambra, they have factories in both states. The LIMCA company was acquired by Coca-Cola, then they were made redundant so as to promote the main coca-cola brands.

Do guys remember CRUSH(orange drink like Fanta - around 1999), this was acquired by coca-cola as well, then made redundant.

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Adamsdelrio(m): 7:07am On Apr 16, 2013
undecidedEXTINCTION!!!!!
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 16, 2013
Now I remember CHAPMAN
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Gombs(m): 7:10am On Apr 16, 2013
maclatunji no vex abeg...but shey na say na because say na you, na him dis thread reach front page?

I wanna know whether its by privilege, or coincidence, or relevance of the topic.

So, if I shd open a thread with say this your topic, wud it av made frnt page?

Ok na, since its made front page, you asked what happened to them, at first I wondered whether google website was down or whether they are out of business, but then lemme try ansa you, they didn't stand d test of time.

I knw say dem fit ban me for being a pessimist, or even hide my post...but then, na una sabi sha

5 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Ekans: 7:11am On Apr 16, 2013
Just the way Green sands shandy disappeard too.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Otses(f): 7:13am On Apr 16, 2013
I used to like Limca way back then, what a pity it's no longer available.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by kevoh(m): 7:14am On Apr 16, 2013
saintneo:
Do guys remember CRUSH(orange drink like Fanta - around 1999), this was acquired by coca-cola as well, then made redundant.
I still think Crush tasted better than Fanta as an Orange drink then. Well it's gone, there's nothing one can do now!

6 Likes

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 16, 2013
Parle soda gbe gbe igbe mi..... lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Would You Have Bought These Plantains In Your Area In Nigeria ? / Ghanaian Artiste Throws Plantain, Yam And Hens To Crowd On Stage / Read And Write Fluent English (ADULT EDUCATION): 08139458588

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.