Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,214 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? (21455 Views)

How Much Is Baking Soda... And Where Can I Buy It From / Where Can I Buy Baking Soda Pls? / Baking Soda And Baking Powder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by ayde: 9:03am On Apr 16, 2013
azimibraun: Cigar target e o! Na wa! Cigar target e o! Na super!!!! Wia cigar target go na? Chai! Smthing when I plan to smoke if I grow , wen I come grow Target dissapear.. Dats why I vex no come smoke for my life again.

grin grin lol..funny guy
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 16, 2013
And Tandi too
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by poke(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2013
limca is much alive 35cl demand it from your coca cola refreshment centre
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by dozieo(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2013
Crush is still around but in cans saw it at a wedding in Asaba last year,didn't drink it dough but the can[color=#000099][/color] looks very inviting.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by kboy3(m): 9:20am On Apr 16, 2013
Tell me , who remembers that limca show on nta ,every sunday . With games ,I love d fastest drinker 's game.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by obi123: 9:21am On Apr 16, 2013
una forget green sands shandy
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by edgideon(m): 9:35am On Apr 16, 2013
this post has been hidden
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by buklan4realyah(f): 9:41am On Apr 16, 2013
philip.adesola:
Is schweps still in †ђξ market?

Their bottles don turn to Kerosine measurement grin grin grin grin
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by kevoh(m): 9:46am On Apr 16, 2013
k_boy: Tell me , who remembers that limca show on nta ,every sunday . With games ,I love d fastest drinker 's game.

Sunday Rendezvous! That's the name of the dance/game show!

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by brownlord: 9:50am On Apr 16, 2013
Which maintainance nairaland do wen dem no allow me comment since now before i wake up thread don commot for first page,seun abeg no let this nonsense repeat itself again, i use village ancestors take beg u

@op, them need give u better slap, which kind stupid question be that, u no sabi this word " Change " for life abi, very soon now u go ask us why people no dey carry Eedris for show again, or why tony tetular no dey market again
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Oludrex(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2013
T-smooth:
People nowadays prefer Alomo than them.

I think u r meant to say ALOMO TO THEM
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Oludrex(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2013
T-smooth:

When U use Prefer the prepostion' TO' is used not Than.. Okay
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Oludrex(m): 9:56am On Apr 16, 2013
T-smooth:

When U use Prefer in a sentence, the prepostion' TO' is used not Than.. Okay
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Ebusbaba1: 10:15am On Apr 16, 2013
If u ask me na who i go ask?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Gennyz(m): 10:22am On Apr 16, 2013
limca travelled to India, lol
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by kennyfao(m): 10:25am On Apr 16, 2013
maclatunji:

That I know but it does not explain their disappearance from the market.
NBC bought it to save fanta so the production of goldspot was stopped to elevate the sales of fanta.

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by cigaricon(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2013
I think limca is still available sha cos i used to drink it when i was in minna but i dont see it here in enugu.

Well, u guys remember KREST and SAVANNAH wow, loved these two kiss
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by tonididdy(m): 10:35am On Apr 16, 2013
Davluck: How come you didn't mention Tandi? I loved that drink.
or CRUSH
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by sojics(m): 10:35am On Apr 16, 2013
Wetin concern vulture with berber.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by cigaricon(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2013
azimibraun: Cigar target e o! Na wa! Cigar target e o! Na super!!!! Wia cigar target go na? Chai! Smthing when I plan to smoke if I grow , wen I come grow Target dissapear.. Dats why I vex no come smoke for my life again.
undecided undecided angry
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by cigaricon(m): 10:48am On Apr 16, 2013
Gennyz: limca travelled to India, lol
So now you think you're funny? undecided
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by UyiIredia(m): 10:54am On Apr 16, 2013
And Dr. Pepper, don't forget Dr. Pepper.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by RastaPasta: 11:23am On Apr 16, 2013
They were all Indian companies and i believe they got bought out by a larger corporation. I'm not certain though.

"Several Parle soda brands including Citra Thums Up, Limca, Gold Spot and Maaza were sold to Coca Cola in 1993 for a reported $40 million.[1][2] At the time of sale, the Parle brands together had a 60% market share in the industry.[3] The brand was strong in South India.[4] Citra was phased out by 2000 to make way for Coke's international brand, Sprite.[5]"

So Coke, probably just decided to promote its more popular products
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by showietee: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2013
coca cola take over and the supply drop drastically. Though,that must have been due to the demand.
I was suprised wen i saw limca in kaduna last week. In a bigger bottle at the cost of #70.
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Mystery11(m): 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
philip.adesola:
Now I remember CHAPMAN

Did you just mention that repulsive drink that looked like blood. shocked shocked shocked

It was a bad market and disappeared immediately due to public rejection kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2013
what about maltonic? it tastes better than all these maltina,malta guiness etc.

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
_
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by cigaricon(m): 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
Joavid: what about maltonic? it tastes better than all these maltina,malta guiness etc.
i disagree, Amstel beat them all cool
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Horlardharporh(m): 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dr pepper nko?
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
Davluck: How come you didn't mention Tandi? I loved that drink.
ha youre making me have nostalgic feelings of tandi gorana years back in secondary school :*
Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
Horlardharporh: Dr pepper nko?
i heard but am not sure of its authencity that that company packed out of nigeria because of inconsistent power supply and the expensive amount used in fuelling their industrial generator.it was taking its toll on their profit.but i loved that drink.i used to go to my friends mom canteen to eat rice and dodo then with dr peper.as of that time i think it was 25 naira

1 Like

Re: Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
you forgot to mention ginger ALe and FaNta ChapMan- the pink bloody drink !!! my favourite.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are some retailers deliberately hiking prices? Whats happening In Nigeria? / Ghanaian Artiste Throws Plantain, Yam And Hens To Crowd On Stage / How Much Would You Have Bought These Plantains In Your Area In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.