Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians (1890 Views)

Buhari Returns To Nigeria,to Embark On Three-nation Tour Of Egypt, Saudi Arabia / MEND To Jonathan: Your Assassination Story Not True / Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by HAH: 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2013
On behalf of the hapless Christian population in Nigeria, The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (M.E.N.D), will from Friday, May 31, 2013, embark on a crusade to save Christianity in Nigeria from annihilation.

The bombings of mosques, hajj camps, Islamic institutions, large congregations in Islamic events and assassinations of clerics that propagate doctrines of hate, will form the core mission of this crusade code named "Operation Barbarossa".

This campaign will not in any way interfere with the ongoing "Hurricane Exodus" – which on Saturday, April 13, 2013, at about 01:00 Hrs, swept through the Ewellesuo comminity, Nembe, Bayelsa State, leaving the destruction of well 62, belonging to Shell Petroleum in its wake.

We may only consider a ceasefire of "Operation Barbarossa" if the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), the Catholic Church and Henry Okah, one of the few leaders in the Niger Delta region we respect for his integrity, intervenes. Also the assurance for a cessation of hostilities targeted at Christians in their places of worship, made privately or publicly by the real Boko Haram leadership will make us call off this crusade.

We have no problems with their attacks on security agencies including the prisons, for their role in extrajudicial killings, torture, deceit and corruption.

Jomo Gbomo

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-14/nigeria-s-mend-rebels-threaten-to-bomb-mosques-kill-clerics.html

http://www.ediong.org/2013/04/mend-to-embark-on-crusade-to-save.html?m=1
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by HAH: 5:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
Is the 2015 prophesy by the CIA going to be true ?
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by kelvin1191(m): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
I hear you sir! Where can i get d form to join d movement cos am seeing another armnesty in d nearest future. Say N500,000 monthly.
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Ogbonaikenna(m): 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
^^ yes
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by HAH: 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
The truth is that the sponsors of MEND and the sponsors of BOKO HARAM are all the same, they are people bend on seeing disintegrated Nigeria for their political gains
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by mekaboy(m): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2013

If GEJ was using his senses, he would not meddle with anything that has to do with Religion. He would have focused on the rule of Law.

Just like i predicted in the last topic : - https://www.nairaland.com/1248421/christians-prepare-war

its already about to start.

Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by confusion247(m): 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2013
This is a welcomed development

2 Likes

Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by confusion247(m): 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
HAH: The truth is that the sponsors of MEND and the sponsors of BOKO HARAM are all the same, they are people bend on seeing disintegrated Nigeria for their political gains
Are you scared of disintegration?
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 14, 2013
Guys, who's MEND? sounds like one animal wey i know way back in 60s in london. grin grin cheesy
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by mike404(m): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
confusion247: This is a welcomed development
Werey
grin
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by HAH: 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
confusion247:
Are you scared of disintegration?

Believe me there is nothing like one Nigeria where peace and love reigns.
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by slimghost(m): 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
Good development! No particular group's got the monopoly of violence!
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by spywareczar(m): 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2013
I see another civil war next month between Christians ãήϑ muslims, I just pray ãήϑ hope people from the south ãήϑ east are aware that not everyone in the north ɪ̣̝̇§ a muslim or hausa

Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Obiagu1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
For the first time, I will start to support MEND.
For every church bombed, bomb 5 mosques!

An eye for an eye.
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by AustineE1: 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
...just thinking where they yorubas will fit in,in this upcoming possible religious war,with 60% christains and 40% muslims,brothers may be slashing brothers neck!God pls help your children.
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by HAH: 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2013
So are mend now ok to be called christian terrorist ?
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Obiagu1(m): 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
HAH: So are mend now ok to be called christian terrorist ?

When they bomb a mosque filled like the bombed church in Niger state, then call them terrorist if you like but I will be clamoring for an amnesty for them.
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2013

Duh!! Call them wateva you like..

#Welcomed Development grin
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
which mend? Is it the one that is led by ALHAJI MUJAHID ASARI DOKUBO? Has he converted to christianity?
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by nenergy(m): 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
HAH: embark on a crusade to save Christianity in Nigeria from annihilation.
Hmmmn, reminds me of the crusades of the dark ages. MEND should not try to "help" God o! The government needs to find a lasting solution to this crisis, as a crusade of any kind will cause more damage. The devil is really hope the last straw breaks on Nigeria. O God arise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by alfaman2: 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
This is deep. I need to think very hard.
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by HAH: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
“If we(Niger Delta Militants) begin throwing bombs, nobody will stay in Abuja” – Asari Dokubo

Our country Nigeria has been undergoing lots of tumults in the recent past. Shortly after the advent of civilian rule in May 1999, we have had all sorts of ethnic nationalities and militia: all threatening the peace in one form or another. We have had the OPC in the South West, most especially within the Mushin/Idi Araba axis in Lagos; we have had the Arewa Youths in the North, the Kano and Bauchi mass killings, the issue of non-indigene in Jos, the Sharia riots in Kaduna, the mass killings, kidnapping and pipeline vandalisation in the Niger Delta, MASSOB (Biafra) agitations in the South East, and virtually every part of Nigeria has either experienced, or still experiencing, one form of armed agitations or another.

Enter the Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’await Wal-Jihad, known as Boko Haram. At their entry into our psyche, all those ethnic militia agitations pale into insignificance. They have engaged in incessant killing and wanton destructions of lives and properties, sparing no one and making no coherent or intelligible demands. This treatise is not about the merits or demerits of Boko Haram or others, rather we wish to seek what the impact these drumbeats of war will have on Nigerians.

Why are we at this point in our development beating the drums of war? It is not too far fetched. Biting poverty in the midst of plenty, while elected and appointed Government officials and top civil servant live in walled opulence. The current population statistics put the population of youths in Nigeria, under 30 years, at about 70%. So if 70% are under 30 and unemployment is at another 50-60% while the employed ones can barely make ends meet, it is clear that we have a huge army of potential robbers, suicide bombers, killers and sundry criminals. Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder, while playing with a potent box of match by the corner.

So many public and non public figures have come out to give their two cents, but in this entire cacophony, one thing is clear: most of those commentators appear not to understand what they are saying. Most people are apparently playing to the gallery, beating war drums or simply self serving. I pity most average people who don’t understand that war serves the upper class and destroys the people. War kills the poor and profits the wealthy and their corporations.

War is devastating and destructive, as we are only sure of seeing the beginning of a war: no one can predict its outcome or ending. War is often the effort of the rich and upper class, striving to maintain control and relevance while using the poor as pawn in their devastating and expensive bloody game of chess. The American public can attest to the huge financial and material losses the common man has suffered in America’s attempt at world dominance by engaging in senseless wars all over the globe. Yet not one billionaire owner of War Corporation has lost his life or that of his family member. Only the poor die and lose their income. It was reported that the Pentagon, in 2008, spent more money every five seconds than the average American earned in a year.

I was fortunate to have interacted with some old men who were either part of the Biafran war or were alive during that period. I was also privileged to have met the black scorpion, Major General Benjamin Adekunle, during one of my visits home. I also saw a clip of the suffering of the Igbos during the period of the Biafran war. I can tell you unequivocally that war is not pleasant. War is a destroyer and people are the sufferers. People are very complicated – they will make problems even if there aren’t any. But most people making problems either do not have an idea of the consequences or have an alternative escape planned. People are so full of hate for one another that they make stupid reasons to have war even if they are very well aware of what war is. It will cause damage to both sides and ruin the lives of people.

Today there are many civil wars around the world, but for very stupid reasons, you could actually say for nothing. But once it starts, it is too late to stop. Many people die, or become invalids, or have to find new places to live; the cities become destroyed and there are many other complications. Families get separated and in some cases most don’t ever unite again. I came in contact with lots of Liberian ladies, many were little girls at the outbreak of the Liberian civil war, today they are permanently separated from their families, their dreams and education truncated, while among them are today living as prostitutes in Nigeria, Togo, Benin Republic, Ghana and other countries along the west coast.

I also read the story of Ranka Tosanovic, a seventeen year old Bosnian girl. She and her family were victims of the Bosnian- Serb war. A war that lasted about four years and was so devastating and divisive to the point that the three warring factions of Bosnian, Serbians and Muslims are not at peace even as we speak today. The war has also left the country divided and Balkanized permanently. She detailed the separations of her family; some members were never to be seen again till today. I saw the agony she and her mother and grandmother went through as the men weren’t allowed to escape.

War is the basest form of settling dispute and rancour. Humans, due to our nature and physiological make up, will forever have conflicting interests, but as intelligent and endowed beings, we have inbuilt capacity to reason and dialogue through any situations. But due to selfishness, personal ambition and insatiable greed of the rich, we often neglected that inbuilt capacity and resort to our basest of instincts -warring and fighting. Animals are permitted, as territorial beasts, to fight, conquer and maintain their territories, but humans as higher animals often resort to that base instinct of lower animals to settle the minutest of disputes, due to greed of the upper class to continually dominate and exploit the poor to their own advantage.

When children lose their lives in war, it is usually the poor ghetto or village or those silent ones that no one pays attention to. War is a systematic rape and looting, it is never a means to protect anybody. Women are systematically and continuously raped, children die of hunger and preventable diseases, lives become short and nasty and brutish and most especially dreams and aspirations are permanently or completely truncated.

Somalia gave the world a great champion but Britain took in a war victim, who arrived their shore at the age of 8, couldn’t speak a word of English, but toady, Mo Farah is a double Olympic champion. A loss to Somalia and Africa, but a blessing to a more organized and life respecting society, Great Britain.

Note, if we allow the war drummers to push us into an ignominious bloodbath, only the poor, the weak, the women and children will die and suffer the consequence of the rich man’s war. Those calling for war today will be no where to be found. Their children are in push schools abroad and have dual citizenship as none of the children of the elites are currently in Nigeria. The Igbos as we speak are yet to recover from the devastating effect of the Nigerian Civil war 42 years after it ended. But Ojukwu who started the war not only got his confiscated properties returned and his full benefits paid, his wife is today rewarded with the post of an Ambassador, while most other Biafran war veterans have either died of hunger and poverty or are living in abject poverty, forgotten and neglected by the larger society.

Asari Dokubo has been going around calling for war and killing Northerners, yet no one in Government is raising an eyebrow. He has been a loud and vociferous proponent of war, a man who has never been known for any productive human venture or enterprise, his only skill and claim to fame lies in subversive activities towards his country. He has excelled in kidnapping, killing, maiming, pipeline vandalization and every other imaginable criminal activity.

War is never a solution to any problem; the Nigerian government will do well to address lingering issues of perceived marginalization, devastating poverty and all other known cases of social injustices. If we allow another civil war, any will die but those proponents of war will become wealthier and richer at the expense of innocent blood. Schools should be encouraged to teach history of past wars and its devastating effects.

There can be no peace in the absence of justice, equity and fairness. But under no circumstance can we afford another civil war. Nobody ever wins in a war, everybody is a loser.

written by Ayobami Oyawolo
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Ozonna(m): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
nenergy:
Hmmmn, reminds me of the crusades of the dark ages. MEND should not try to "help" God o! The government needs to find a lasting solution to this crisis, as a crusade of any kind will cause more damage. The devil is really hope the last straw breaks on Nigeria. O God arise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only solution to this is Sovereign National Conference (SNC). We know this but we like shying away from Ϯh℮ truth.

Let the over 300 tribes sit down and chart a new course for our nation. If some tribes feel that they dont want to be part of Nigeria, please by all means let them go. Its only when we agree to sit down and talk, that's when we'll experience lasting peace and prosperiTy as individuals,tribes,regions and country/ies
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by HAH: 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ozonna:

The only solution to this is Sovereign National Conference (SNC). We know this but we like shying away from Ϯh℮ truth.

Let the over 300 tribes sit down and chart a new course for our nation. If some tribes feel that they dont want to be part of Nigeria, please by all means let them go. Its only when we agree to sit down and talk, that's when we'll experience lasting peace and prosperiTy as individuals,tribes,regions and country/ies

I agree 100%
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2013
Lie lie, our security dey tight nothing dey happen for Nija

Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
This can turn to a civil...it starts this way! God forbid!
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by masu: 8:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
Note, if we allow the war drummers to push us into an ignominious bloodbath, only the poor, the weak, the women and children will die and suffer the consequence of the rich man’s war. Those calling for war today will be no where to be found. Their children are in push schools abroad and have dual citizenship as none of the children of the elites are currently in Nigeria. The Igbos as we speak are yet to recover from the devastating effect of the Nigerian Civil war 42 years after it ended. [b]But Ojukwu who started the war [/b]not only got his confiscated properties returned and his full benefits paid, his wife is today rewarded with the post of an Ambassador, while most other Biafran war veterans have either died of hunger and poverty or are living in abject poverty, forgotten and neglected by the larger society.

a good writeup from a ypruba man but he couldnt do away with his igbo hatred.

nigeria will be good only when the 3 ruling tribes fulani hausa and yoruba see the need to stop marginalization.
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by seunfly: 8:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
...!

Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by kpogede77: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
People should take what ever I say in this forum seriously because I know the mind set of the average Niger Delta person. We are not coward. Like my mentor Asari Dokubor put it, the bomb that boko haram is using are small bombs compared to what we can do. We are not fools . We are angry with the president because he refuse to do what he is suppose to do. This Is purely a religious matter and MEND members are either Christians or Pagan like me. I support their position and me and my men can even help the to bomb on their behalf .
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by kkkp: 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
Hahahahahah dats wot boko haram wants..disintegration..so dat dey cn islamise d north well
Re: Mend To Embark On Crusade To Save Christians by polokor60(m): 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
What is the worth of human life in nigeria??Brutal judgement awaits those wicked/heartless ruling class that are playing politics with the lives of innocent and hapeless citizens of Nigeria.#Politicsof2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Orders Chibok Indigenes To Vacate Home / Lawyer Festus Keyamo Petitions SSS, IGP Over Threat To Kill Him By Tompolo / Shocking Video Confession Of Muhammed Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.