Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,460 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Who Can Be Like Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Can Be Like Her? (844 Views)

Pic: My Mom Be Like 'I Saw One Yellow Woman' / Would You Want Your Son Or Daughter To Be Like U? / My Wife Got Fat, Now I Don't Like Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Be Like Her? by Blogking(f): 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
The much anticipated answer is no one. No one can take the place of mama in my life, not even a brother, sister, or father can be like her.
Mama, has been through a lot for my sake, she bore me for a whole nine months, an act no other person living or dead can do for me. As if that was not enough, my beloved mother decided to keep me as a foetus despite all humanly misfortunes foretold by our worldly doctors, eventually bearing me through a near death caesarean section that lasted several hours. Who can be like her? My lovely mother, who nurtured me without compulsion from her bosoms, and ensured I walked the good path of uprightness when the time was right. A woman who shares a mental telepathy with her children, even feeling our pains when we were miles away, never ceasing in her humble prayers for our betterment.
Who can be like her? That one woman who took the job of mothering voluntarily and without question. That devoted mother of mine who worked with vigor to ensure that hot meals were always available for us and our needs were always met, when papa was running aground financially. That beautiful soul who encouraged us despite all odds stacked up against our future, who made one believe that the future was only our playground where whatever we conceived could be achieved as long as we were willing to involve hardwork, supplications to the almighty God and honest dedication to our endeavours.
I dare to ask again, who can be like her? “Onye di ka nnem oma ?” (who can be like my beautiful mother- In our local parlance “Igbo”). That rare specie who no doubt was my first fan, to her I was a celebrity, every of my little successes she considered a notable triumph, seeing the hidden wisdom in me even in my deepest state of folly.
In conclusion, I am of the opinion that with respect to my beloved mother, there is no need asking the age old question “who can be like her?”, for the unique roles and extended deeds of love she has shown me in my just over two decades of existence, earns her that distinguished position which no other person can contest.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Be Like Her? by bebe2(f): 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2013
hmm, needy mama's boy.
goodluck to ur wife/future wife
Re: Who Can Be Like Her? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 14, 2013
Awww!!nice.
Re: Who Can Be Like Her? by Knnawuba(m): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2013
Nice 1.

(1) (Reply)

Experience Of Early Years Of Your Marriage And How It Affected Your Marriage / Sad Death Stories You Know About. / If U Were Given Powers To Bring Someone Back To Life Who Would U Choose??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.