Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria (15042 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / Invalid IMEI On My Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190) / Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by PrinceZoe: 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2013
Leading online retailer, Konga.com has announced that Samsung’s latest flagship smartphone — the Galaxy S4 — would be available for delivery from May 10 and has began taking pre-orders for the device.

The Android-powered smartphone which was released on March 14 in New York comes with a 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. With an internal memory of 16GB, which can be expanded up to 64GB, it has a 2GB RAM. It is also powered by a 2600 mAh battery, which is 20 percent larger than that of the S3. It runs on Android 4.2.2 OS and has a 13 mega pixel auto focus camera as well as a 2 mega pixel front camera with Full HD recording.

Some of the key features of the Galaxy S4 include its dual camera feature that lets you shoot videos with the front and rear cameras simultaneously as well as its Sound and Shot feature that allows you to record a few seconds of audio before you capture.

The device is expected to sell for N108,000 in Nigeria and would be available for delivery shortly after the end of pre-sale on May 10, according to the online retailer.

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by ciphoenix: 12:24am On Apr 15, 2013
seems the pricing will be universal then.
MTN is also taking pre orders at that same price
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by Scarpon(m): 12:30am On Apr 15, 2013
lie sell out begins from Exp. release 2013, April 26th source: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9505_galaxy_s4-5371.php
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by ciphoenix: 3:07am On Apr 15, 2013
what's the relationship between gsmarena and konga? undecided

1 Like

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by pawn89(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2013
all this people sha want to sap me dry...after buying the galaxy s3, i fell in love with the note 2, now that i own the note 2 it seems like the s4 just might join the list.
And is it just me, has anyone noticed that the sample used for various test and the product being widely distributed are of different quality? angry
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by PrinceZoe: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2013
looll

I havent noticed that at all, I have the s3 and it seems to be the same quality
pawn89: all this people sha want to sap me dry...after buying the galaxy s3, i fell in love with the note 2, now that i own the note 2 it seems like the s4 just might join the list.
And is it just me, has anyone noticed that the sample used for various test and the product being widely distributed are of different quality? angry
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by caukerzee(m): 9:23am On Apr 15, 2013
pawn89: all this people sha want to sap me dry...after buying the galaxy s3, i fell in love with the note 2, now that i own the note 2 it seems like the s4 just might join the list.
Dude stick to the note 2. Theres No Spen on S4...nothing feels better than that. Only a note can replace a note. Just wait for the note 3.

1 Like

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by anintia(m): 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Pre order is available on Jumia, get it now before its even out in the market. Make the preorder and enjoy greatness : Click on this link http://www./s4-preorder/ cool
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by ciphoenix: 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
caukerzee: Dude stick to the note 2. Theres No Spen on S4...nothing feels better than that. Only a note can replace a note. Just wait for the note 3.

FACT!!! me and my note 2 will remain in this relationship grin grin grin . the only device i see myself switching to will be the note 3 when it arrives.

for some reason all the members of the S lineup now feels too tiny for me to use comfortably undecided

1 Like

Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by pawn89(m): 8:40am On Apr 16, 2013
PrinceZoe: looll

I havent noticed that at all, I have the s3 and it seems to be the same quality

my note 2 fell from a height slightly above knee level and shattered, went to samsung shop for a replacement and it cost me 47k.

ciphoenix:

FACT!!! me and my note 2 will remain in this relationship grin grin grin . the only device i see myself switching to will be the note 3 when it arrives.

for some reason all the members of the S lineup now feels too tiny for me to use comfortably undecided

caukerzee: Dude stick to the note 2. Theres No Spen on S4...nothing feels better than that. Only a note can replace a note. Just wait for the note 3.

there's no doubting about the note 2, its a wonderful device perhaps except from my laptop, its the most sophisticated gadget have handled, but you see, the problem here is you really cannot compare;

1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)(Samsung galaxy S4)with the 720 x 1280 pixels, 5.5 inches (~267 ppi pixel density)(Note 2) display as the S4 gives a vivid clear squeaky clean crystal clear display

13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels of the S4 with a 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels of the note 2

and the juicy part is that the S4 will be powered with the snapdragon 600 chipset or Exynos 5 Octa, both featuring a logical 8 cores against the 4 cores processor on board the note 2, the list caa keep going.

In general, the performance of the note 2 is superb but what this S4 has on board is something out of the ordinary.
my only regret is just the plastic casing, how i wish it can have a form factor of the sony xperia Z and also be water resistant too grin
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by ciphoenix: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
pawn89:

my note 2 fell from a height slightly above knee level and shattered, went to samsung shop for a replacement and it cost me 47k.
mine has fallen and bounced some meters away from me, most recognizable defect is a a smudge on the upper left corner. cool
and this has happened several times that i no longer worry when it falls. a friend's S3 on the other hand fell twice, first time there was a crack, second time the screen was unusable.

there's no doubting about the note 2, its a wonderful device perhaps except from my laptop, its the most sophisticated gadget have handled, but you see, the problem here is you really cannot compare;

1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)(Samsung galaxy S4)with the 720 x 1280 pixels, 5.5 inches (~267 ppi pixel density)(Note 2) display as the S4 gives a vivid clear squeaky clean crystal clear display

13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels of the S4 with a 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels of the note 2

and the juicy part is that the S4 will be powered with the snapdragon 600 chipset or Exynos 5 Octa, both featuring a logical 8 cores against the 4 cores processor on board the note 2, the list caa keep going.

In general, the performance of the note 2 is superb but what this S4 has on board is something out of the ordinary.
my only regret is just the plastic casing, how i wish it can have a form factor of the sony xperia Z and also be water resistant too grin
my concern about the S lineup is the size. i find it really difficult typing with the S3. the S4's specs are great but i'll gladly wait for the note 3 cheesy
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by caukerzee(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
ciphoenix:
mine has fallen and bounced some meters away from me, most recognizable defect is a a smudge on the upper left corner. cool
and this has happened several times that i no longer worry when it falls. a friend's S3 on the other hand fell twice, first time there was a crack, second time the screen was unusable.
my concern about the S lineup is the size. i find it really difficult typing with the S3. the S4's specs are great but i'll gladly wait for the note 3 cheesy
My point exactly.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by pawn89(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2013
ciphoenix:
I can give my left arm right arm since am left handed, in exchange for performance of a gadget
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 19, 2013
Scarpon: lie sell out begins from Exp. release 2013, April 26th source: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9505_galaxy_s4-5371.php

read the op first before commenting

if I had a note 2, I wouldn't even think of buying s4. those specs pawn89 listed are just an update, nothing else. The only thing that'd make me change would be the software add-ons, nothing more
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by pawn89(m): 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
joeydozzy:

read the op first before commenting

if I had a note 2, I wouldn't even think of buying s4 . those specs pawn89 listed are just an update, nothing else. The only thing that'd make me change would be the software add-ons, nothing more

these are the exact reason why i'll prefer the s4 to my note 2, moreover i think you should also know that the s4 comes with an enhanced hardware to par up with the software
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
pawn89:

these are the exact reason why i'll prefer the s4 to my note 2, moreover i think you should also know that the s4 comes with an enhanced hardware to par up with the software

enhanced hardware? yeah
but what's the use when note 2 hardware is up there too and I'm sure those add-ons would be ported to note 2 sooner than you think
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by ciphoenix: 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2013
the patient dog eats the fattest bone grin the Note3 ain't that far. 5 months tops
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by pawn89(m): 6:12am On Apr 20, 2013
joeydozzy:

enhanced hardware? yeah
but what's the use when note 2 hardware is up there too and I'm sure those add-ons would be ported to note 2 sooner than you think
ders a margin between the note 2 hardware and the s4s' hardware, no matter how you upgrade and waht you upgrade nothing can put the smart scroll on the note 2 just to highlight a single difference between em from many.

Dude know this, you don't really get an hardware upgrade, atleast not logically

ciphoenix: the patient dog eats the fattest bone grin the Note3 ain't that far. 5 months tops

These people should stop extorting money from us na! WTH is there problem?
I wish they have been rumors about this note3 so i can have a peak of what it would be packed with.
And only if samsung can just adopt a more classic casings for there flag phones embarassed
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2013
pawn89:
ders a margin between the note 2 hardware and the s4s' hardware, no matter how you upgrade and waht you upgrade nothing can put the smart scroll on the note 2 just to highlight a single difference between em from many.

smart scroll?
isn't it about secondary camera or am I missing something else?

dude just wait for guys at xda. you have no idea what I've actually ported with those dudes around
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by ciphoenix: 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
pawn89:

These people should stop extorting money from us na! WTH is there problem?
I wish they have been rumors about this note3 so i can have a peak of what it would be packed with.
And only if samsung can just adopt a more classic casings for there flag phones embarassed

i don't care too much about beauty. functionality is my craving
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by rainmaker12(m): 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
dnt mind dem, my s3 s still on point
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by pawn89(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2013
joeydozzy:

smart scroll?
isn't it about secondary camera or am I missing something else?

dude just wait for guys at xda . you have no idea what I've actually ported with those dudes around

Well, let's see how far they can go.
However, you must know that the note2 is a far cry from the s4. I just gave my note 2 to my gf she's always wanted it. Now then lets go get the s4 grin grin grin grin
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by mj(m): 8:40am On Apr 22, 2013
Get it on Nigeria's Largest Online Mobile Phone Mart at #104,000.
http://www./Samsung-Cell-Phones-Galaxy-Tabs/Samsung-Galaxy-S4
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
Waiting for note 3 with a better form factor/casing like xpera z
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
pawn89:

Well, let's see how far they can go.
However, you must know that the note2 is a far cry from the s4. I just gave my note 2 to my gf she's always wanted it. Now then lets go get the s4 grin grin grin grin

just don't cry after September
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by ciphoenix: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
joeydozzy:

just don't cry after September
tell him, grin grin when the note3 is out, folks be salivating
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by paulbrown429(m): 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
I am looking for this kind of information about features and availability of S4 in Nigeria.Thanks for your information.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
All u peeps shouting Note 3 should know that it would most likely be a marginal improvement over the S4 in accordance with Samsungs tradition.

The next major upgrade would come with the S5. Major manufacturers do not undercut their flagships so soon except for a reason.

Also, another caveat is that Note 3 would most likely come with a bigger screen. Rumours have put it at 6 or 6.2'' which I consider too big for a phone.

But then people have their preferences and should go with what they prefer.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by ciphoenix: 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
jedisco: All u peeps shouting Note 3 should know that it would most likely be a marginal improvement over the S4 in accordance with Samsungs tradition.

The next major upgrade would come with the S5. Major manufacturers do not undercut their flagships so soon except for a reason.

Also, another caveat is that Note 3 would most likely come with a bigger screen. Rumours have put it at 6 or 6.2'' which I consider too big for a phone.

But then people have their preferences and should go with what they prefer.
my love for the note is due to it's size and the S Pen cool
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by pawn89(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
and now, rumor has it that samsung is trying to pack an S4 that is water resistance.
Am so excited atleast this could just make them change the material used for the body. plastic sucks like big time.

btw, i doubt i'd be interested in the note 3, however, with this water resistance thingy now, i now have a lot more reason to wait for it and see if rumor would bring to listening ears what the note 3 is made up of.
Re: New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available In Nigeria by ciphoenix: 12:17am On Apr 26, 2013
pawn89: and now, rumor has it that samsung is trying to pack an S4 that is water resistance.
Am so excited atleast this could just make them change the material used for the body. plastic sucks like big time.

btw, i doubt i'd be interested in the note 3, however, with this water resistance thingy now, i now have a lot more reason to wait for it and see if rumor would bring to listening ears what the note 3 is made up of.
whatever features are included in the S4 will be improved in the Note3 tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. / Glo Reduces International Call Tariff By 55% / How To Hack Nokia E63 With Installservers Pack Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.