Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Grand Opening Of The Largest Single Building in Lagos State.“Rock Cathedral” - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Grand Opening Of The Largest Single Building in Lagos State.“Rock Cathedral” (2019 Views)

Nigeria Breweries Enter Guiness Book Of Records With Largest Poster / Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos / Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Cathedral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grand Opening Of The Largest Single Building in Lagos State.“Rock Cathedral” by Realitytalk(f): 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
With all certainty if we desire to influence a post-Christian humanity, we must be Worthy News before someone will listen to Good News. One of the trepidations of members of the community in contradiction of the church is that it amasses so plentiful from followers leaving many of them shoddier. In fact, in the modern eras, the church has been taken up on numerous cases that numerous deliberate the dictatorship of the church against the public. A close example is the increased charge on some of the amenities provided by the church. Precisely, a percentage of persons are uncomfortable about high cost of church educational institutions; nursery, primary, secondary and university. However, there are few of the churches which really care for the people.

I learnt my first words attending Sunday school in the days the church had less activity and more productivity, then the church at its best was a rehabilitation centre for a decaying world which was not even confirmed decayed as at then. I attended a missionary school and received the best education, my mother consulted for a missionary hospital which provided not just compulsory by satisfactory and classic healthcare to the ailing in its community; the youths gave free lunch tickets even though things were not free in Freetown with any strings attached. That way and in many more ways the gospel of Christ was preached and as the church followed deeply after the footsteps of its creator and the architect of its blueprints, men were drawn to God through them. Many Nigerians today would not have become successful but for the martyrs who laboured and saved their scanty incomes to provide them education Some Nigerians, after the preliminary teaching or once being discovered to have positive aptitude or competence, were sent overseas for advanced schooling or experience.

Now, I am still searching for where we lost it….it was sometime between when the Church started monetizing the good news and the disciples “the stakeholders” started going a fishing then government had to intervene in the case of the gospel…well that is a real issue for another day but alas as it is said Salvation has reached the people today. Glad to say, the church is taking back its place and its redeeming the gates.

There has come today, to stay, a church without walls. Built on the rock that definitely we have watched and witnessed cannot be moved. A church that has come to define the living word, from the written word. The church is founded and presided over by Pastor Paul Adefarasin a quintessential embodiment of brains, good character, a visionary leader with an adamant set of morals and values. It has its headquarters in Lekki, Lagos. Apart from impartation of spiritual influence, 5 star leadership, HOTR is also known for its widespread philanthropic deeds. In order to explore itself of the charity spirit, the church set up The Rock Cathedral.

“The Rock Cathedral is the multipurpose facility that will soon house the headquarters of The Rock Foundation and the House On The Rock. The building with a total floor area of 32,000 m2, (the largest footprint for a single building in Lagos State) will accommodate facilities for worship, education, healthcare, community development, reformation training, recreation and social rehabilitation among many other initiatives. The user-friendly main auditorium, multi-purpose halls and overflow spaces will comfortably seat up to 14,000 people at full capacity. The state-of-the-art ergonomically designed facility is structured to permit the efficient evacuation of human traffic in just less than 10 minutes. The project is presently in its final phase of development and the fully serviced, fully air-conditioned facility will greatly assist the Rock Foundation to do its part in bringing healing and reformation to this great nation.

A place of Learning; The Rock Cathedral will serve as a centre for the worship services of the House On The Rock as she fulfils her vision to be the hand of power, the voice of healing and a bridge of hope to her generation. The Rock Foundation is committed to the reformation of our nation. Specialized training will produce future leaders who are virile, visionary and equipped with the relevant secular skills to excel in the various sectors of industry. The centre is designed to run four separate educational systems. These are; Primary school, an Adult Education centre, a Skills Acquisition Centre and A Bible College. Each of these schools will provide a quality of learning at par with the best corresponding educational institutions around the world. They will run a robust curriculum that promotes the underlying guiding principles of stewardship, integrity, diversity, empowerment and social responsibility, all of which are required to build a strong nation.

A place of Prayer; Effective and strategic prayer underpins our faith and is critical to the necessary reformation of our nation. The Rock Cathedral has been designed to provide all visitors with an ambience that is both inspired and uplifting. This unique environment will be created, not just by the wonderful décor and amenities of the building but more so by an atmosphere bathed in the heartfelt prayers that will be offered up within the facility 24 hours a day. Much of this praying will take place within a 500-seater prayer chapel located in the Cathedral.

A place of Reformation; Reformation is one of the key areas the church can help meet the needs of her society. The Rock Cathedral will house a Reformation Centre which will run a curriculum to assist young people realize their full potential and become leaders of impact in their various fields of endeavour, of the requisite calibre to contribute positively towards a greater Nigeria. There will also be programs to assist previously disadvantaged person re-integrate into society. The course run in the Reformation Centre will be specifically designed to inculcate proper values and work ethic through reorientation, mentoring and leadership.
In addition, the centre will provide participants with capacity building exercises and vocational training to empower them to live successful lives as productive members of society.

A place of Recreation; In support of our strong belief that the family is the basic unit of society; the Cathedral will provide recreational facilities the whole family can enjoy. These include a fully equipped gymnasium and games room all situated within the serene and beautifully landscaped grounds.
A place for you…”

The grand opening of this revolutionary temple is set for 20th & 21st April, 2013 and will attract nations to herald the breaking of a new dawn for the church. I listened to stories of its conception like many others but what was striking was its relevance in existence, its balance and its mission statement. This is the gospel we were introduced to, a generation that are living the written word, a people that are giving back to society. If like me you have missed church at its best then I think we should visit the Rock Cathedral, or read and follow unfolding events to understand the mission and the functional existence of the brand “House On The Rock”.
Details on www./p2H6H2-7D

2 Likes

Re: Grand Opening Of The Largest Single Building in Lagos State.“Rock Cathedral” by SamuelFrank: 12:24am On Apr 16, 2013
This is great i must say, the church giving back to the society has been a long overdue need. i thought i was the only one who felt we had lost it somewhere but thank God the writer of this article has goggles. pastor paul you try, i hope the people that work with you have like minds

1 Like

Re: Grand Opening Of The Largest Single Building in Lagos State.“Rock Cathedral” by incredibleboy: 12:38am On Apr 16, 2013
Hopefully they won't start a promo and then charge high. Against all odds i want to say that House on The rock has tried thus far. from the experience to this cathedral they are so on point
Re: Grand Opening Of The Largest Single Building in Lagos State.“Rock Cathedral” by fpeter(f): 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
who will read this?

(1) (Reply)

New Lounge Alert: Orange Room Gold Port Harcourt (premium Lounge) / Oritse Femi Mark Present For ‘axemen’ Aka Convention / The Duties And Functions Of The Chief Bridesmaid At A Nigerian Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.