Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,714 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Christians, Muslims, Ignorance: Matters Arising - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Muslims, Ignorance: Matters Arising (593 Views)

Christians/muslims - Define "Idol Worship" - By Pagans / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Muslims, Ignorance: Matters Arising by cronsberg: 12:25am On Apr 16, 2013
I want to write this topic based on general observations i've made over time. I am saddened to observe the unruly, unreligious character of most nairaland "christians" who seem to exibit their true colors on the internet/nairaland in particular. These internet "christians" seem to relish the idea of attacking islam and muslims every chance they get, as if to fulfill the ayah

Never will the Jews be pleased with you, neither the Christians, not till you follow their religion. Say: "Surely God's guidance is the [only] true guidance." And if you follow their caprices after the knowledge that has come to you, you shall have against God neither protector nor helper. (2:120)

Insults such as: Iran is establishing a terrorist base in north korea(just cuz they build a mosque there), Islam is an evil religion e.t.c to my christian brothers, what has islam done to you like that? Is it because some lunatics bomb and kill christians in the name of islam that you now condemn the whole religion? In the same vein, what then do we say of people like david koresh, What do we say of the IRA of northern ireland, the rape scandals involving pastors, e.t.c do we then condemn christianity because of some lunatic christians? You will never hear a muslim condemning christianity or christians though, but SOME of my christian brothers seem to show there true color of intolerance and ignorance as soon as they get the freedom(the internet). It almost scares me to think that i have always had majority christian friends, whom i always had a clear heart and took as brothers, but on the other hand they abuse and insult my religion, redicule and mock it as if its a joke to them, but by god i will never blame christianity for your actions, i know its simple ignorance thats bothering you.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Muslims, Ignorance: Matters Arising by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 16, 2013
Lol.
Re: Christians, Muslims, Ignorance: Matters Arising by mumumugu(m): 7:21am On Apr 16, 2013
So whats the koko?
Re: Christians, Muslims, Ignorance: Matters Arising by Heatblast(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2013
the molestation scandals involving pastors, e.t.c do we then condemn christianity because of some lunatic christians?

Lol... I never did think of this
All christians are molesters and muslims terrorist grin
Re: Christians, Muslims, Ignorance: Matters Arising by Areaboy2(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2013
Honestly cant be bothered about any religion, but I just have a side note to make.

I noticed your comment on why people condemn an entire religion because of a crazy few.
The question rather is, what has the Islamic community done in response of these "crazy" few?. I don't think I've ever heard of any peaceful protests by Muslims to condemn terrorist actions? or how many very highly placed Muslim clerics/leaders have come out to say "I do not condone these behavior neither does Islam, anyone that kills another man must face punishment by god"? and go ahead to enforce it in some way? how many??

Its easy to say Islam is an evil religion, Its also easy to say Islam is a peaceful religion. Sadly, all we see is evidence of the former. The ball is in your court my Muslim brothers; Do something about terrorism!!!!! stop giving us words... undecided
Re: Christians, Muslims, Ignorance: Matters Arising by AtheistD(m): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2013
Area_boy: Honestly cant be bothered about any religion, but I just have a side note to make.

I noticed your comment on why people condemn an entire religion because of a crazy few.
The question rather is, what has the Islamic community done in response of these "crazy" few?. I don't think I've ever heard of any peaceful protests by Muslims to condemn terrorist actions? or how many very highly placed Muslim clerics/leaders have come out to say "I do not condone these behavior neither does Islam, anyone that kills another man must face punishment by god"? and go ahead to enforce it in some way? how many??

Its easy to say Islam is an evil religion, Its also easy to say Islam is a peaceful religion. Sadly, all we see is evidence of the former. The ball is in your court my Muslim brothers; Do something about terrorism!!!!! stop giving us words... undecided

I disagree on the peaceful protest part. There have been peaceful protests against terrorism by muslims. The real bone of contention is how quick muslims are to draw blood and become violent. The situation in the North would not be accepted if it was mosques being bombed by MEND or a political/religious group. There would be riouts and civil war. Christians have been very tolerant in this whole situiation. One has to take that into account.

(1) (Reply)

Sabbath / What Are The Benefits Of Incense? / A Hymn A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.