Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (26978 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
Considering the discrimination that atheists receive in many countries, one would think that we are some kind of devilish cult that sacrifice babies to our demon overlord. However, we can see that it is not quite so as many atheists live their lives peacefully. Many religious people say that atheists are immoral and dont want to have any responsibility for their actions. But is it so? Let us review some certain facts in this current time we are living in;

a) Do unto others, as you would want to be done unto you;

Currently, atheists face discrimination by both christians and muslims in very religious countries. Take any sharia country where sharing atheism is met with either an arrest or death(http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2012/06/20126146135415374.html). Take religious countries like the USA where the military has widespread discrimination against atheists (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/26/us/26atheist.html?pagewanted=all).

With all these cases of discrimination, do atheists retaliate? Lets look at Britain or many European countries that have a lot of atheists living with religious people. Do the atheists in these very secular countries discriminate in a widespread manner against the religious in general? No. You will be very hard pressed to find cases where a religious person was discriminated against by an atheist just for being a religious person.

b) Sancticty of Marriage/Family

-Atheists divorce less than christians in America
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-03-14-divorce-christians_N.htm

-Honor killing of wives/daughters is not an atheist thing, it happens mostly in muslim and South Asian communities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

-First cousin marriage is not an atheist thing, rather it is more likely to happen in some Christain (LDS sects) and certain muslim societies

c) Equality of women

-Wife beating is permitted in some interpretations of the Quran and hadith (Christian and atheists generally condemn this act.....impossible to find a pastor or an atheist debater that condones wife beating unlike some clerics/imams)
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/3683071/Lessons_in_how_to_beat_your_wife/

-Positions in organisations; Christains and muslims are now changing to adopt women as imams or priests. However, there are till conservatives that feel that this should not. There is no reason why atheists/secular humanists should be against women in leadership positions in organisations.

d) Violence;

I dont even have to talk too much grin grin grin grin

-All I will say is that the most peaceful countries (top 10 on the peace index) have a high percentage of atheists and also have a falling number in church attendance. There is no muslim majority or sharia country in the top 10 peaceful countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings

-Atheists dont blow up skyscrapers or abortion clinics or churches.

==================================================================================================
Have some pictures to peruse while thinking about the evidence grin ;

www.nairaland.com/attachments/871332_Peace_index_pnga459955cbaf71f0152698ecd07e19473

www.nairaland.com/attachments/733534_divorce_religion_png81c89aa5abf7c69de9d4543c55a864a0

7 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by GodsWord2(m): 9:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
lol...atheist should know that God exists. Science itself has accepted that fact that there is a GOD a.k.a My heavenly father. I personally dislike discrimination. Countries still involved in that should be corrected.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2012
Even without all ur facts I believe it a hundred and ten percent
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
ULSHERLAN: Even without all ur facts I believe it a hundred and ten percent

Nice one. cheesy
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
God's-Word:
lol...atheist should know that God exists. Science itself has accepted that fact that there is a GOD a.k.a My heavenly father. I personally dislike discrimination. Countries still involved in that should be corrected.

I agree on the discrimination.

Hoever, science has never "accepted" that there is a god. Science doesnt deal with supernatural but natural
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
God's-Word:
lol...atheist should know that God exists. Science itself has accepted that fact that there is a GOD a.k.a My heavenly father.

Really?
Lol, its either u are a joker or u are dreaming.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by GodsWord2(m): 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2012
inurmind:

Really?
Lol, its either u are a joker or u are dreaming.
It is written:- ''to them that believe in Him hath He give the power to become the sons and daughters of God''
you've just been busted...lol
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ok. Can't deal with this appreciatively, but I can say right off that your claim to being more moral than Christians is tantamount to claiming to be a better Christian than Christians. Which makes one wonder if you're still talking atheism.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone can follow any moral code while paying lip service to a philosophy or (ir)religious persuasion that flatly contradicts it.

Will give a more comprehensive answer when I can manage it smiley

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ihedinobi: Ok. Can't deal with this appreciatively, but I can say right off that your claim to being more moral than Christians is tantamount to claiming to be a better Christian than Christians. Which makes one wonder if you're still talking atheism.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone can follow any moral code while paying lip service to a philosophy or (ir)religious persuasion that flatly contradicts it.

Will give a more comprehensive answer when I can manage it smiley

Cheers.

What does being good have to do with religion?

You are funny.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by GodsWord2(m): 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2012
Logicboy03:

I agree on the discrimination.

Hoever, science has never "accepted" that there is a god. Science doesnt deal with supernatural but natural
let me educate you... No offense.
Scientist came to a conclusion that the universe was the beginning of creation. The universe was created from light explosion. Research on it if u want to. The cause and the source of the light explosion is still unknown.
In the beginning of creation in the book of Genesis, the earth was without form. It was void. Darkness covered it. The spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Do u know the first thing He created? He said ''let there be light. AND THERE WAS LIGHT''

There u have it.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
God's-Word:

Scientist came to a conclusion that the universe was the beginning of creation. The universe was created from light explosion. Research on it if u want to. The cause and the source of the light explosion is still unknown.
In the beginning of creation in the book of Genesis, the earth was without form. It was void. Darkness covered it. The spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Do u know the first thing He created? He said ''let there be light. AND THERE WAS LIGHT''

There u have it.

Nonsense, the big bang is not an explosion but rather an expansion of space. God is not in the theories of the big bang and neither in their calculations. You forced god unto the big bang

The sun came before the earth and so, the bible lies when it says that godwas hovering above the waters and created "light"- the light (Sun)was already there

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by k2039: 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
well atheist believe in right living,principles and they take full responsibility for their lifes and actions(not involving God).

So I think atheist are more morally upright than theist,they understand the law governing the universe and they use it to their advantage.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2012
k2039: well wttheist believe in right living,principles and they take full responsibility for their lifes and actions(not involving God).

So I think atheist are more morally upright than theist,they understand the law governing the universe and they use it to their advantage.

Agreed. Just waiting for the theists to comment.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
God's-Word:

It is written:- ''to them that believe in Him hath He give the power to become the sons and daughters of God''
you've just been busted...lol

Lol... Now I know u've really lost it.
How does science confirming the bible relate to what u just quoted?
And how in the world have I been busted?

If u have nothing to say, why say anything?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
God's-Word:

There u have it.

U just caught urself in ur own net. Science says the universe came about through the big bang, ur bible says earth was around when god created light.

Afterwards the bible tells us god separated light from darkness. It does not seem like its describing an explosion but an actual entity.

U people can really twist stuff to make it comfortable for urselves. And I'm sure u will still twist stuff from what I've just said.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
God's-Word:

There u have it.
who is this?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 11:36pm On Nov 02, 2012
Given the small percentage of the population they constitute their divorce rates are pretty high. 21% for people who constitute about 10% of the population is a pretty high margin. That said it shows atheists aren't doing too well when it comes to marriage. Now irreligion is still a very minor stance so it isnot possible dfor violence to seep in. Even then atheist regimes such as those of Stalin or Pol Pot are responsible for the deaths of many. Therefore even though there are relatively few cases of violence from atheists. We have some pretty violent cases of atheism gone rabid. I need not lecture anybody on how atheism goes hand-in-hand with the dialectical materialism of Communism. What is most important though is the lack of basis for morality in atheism. In a world without an ultimate arbiter of morality what's the basis for saying someone cannot do what is evil.

7 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Given the small percentage of the population they constitute their divorce rates are pretty high. 21% for people who constitute about 10% of the population is a pretty high margin. That said it shows atheists aren't doing too well when it comes to marriage. Now irreligion is still a very minor stance so it isnot possible dfor violence to seep in. Even then atheist regimes such as those of Stalin or Pol Pot are responsible for the deaths of many. Therefore even though there are relatively few cases of violence from atheists. We have some pretty violent cases of atheism gone rabid. I need not lecture anybody on how atheism goes hand-in-hand with the dialectical materialism of Communism. What is most important though is the lack of basis for morality in atheism. In a world without an ultimate arbiter of morality what's the basis for saying someone cannot do what is evil.

Nonsense. As usual, you have to mention communists that ruled before you were born to find something wrong with atheism. Did Stalin and Mao kill because of atheism or because of their communist or totalitarian ideals? Forgetting that communism is a secular religion of the state. Why do you always forget Hitler?

Furthermore, 21% of a hundred people is far smaller than 27% of of thousand. Think before you talk.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 12:02am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

Nonsense. As usual, you have to mention communists that ruled before you were born to find something wrong with atheism. Did Stalin and Mao kill because of atheism or because of their communist or totalitarian ideals? Forgetting that communism is a secular religion of the state. Why do you always forget Hitler?

Furthermore, 21% of a hundred people is far smaller than 27% of of thousand. Think before you talk.

First 21% of a hundred is approximately slightly less than 27% of a thousand when you consider them proportionally. Now it would be stupid of you to pretend that atheism had no hand in the murders committed by Stalin & Pol Pot. Many churches in Russia were burned and priests killed or imprisoned for their faith. Although Hitler was a Christian he was an avid Darwinist. His firm belief in survival of the fittest and the superiority of the Aryan race drove him to commit the worst genocide in history. Think PROPERLY before you reply.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

First 21% of a hundred is approximately slightly less than 27% of a thousand when you consider them proportionally. Now it would be stupid of you to pretend that atheism had no hand in the murders committed by Stalin & Pol Pot. Many churches in Russia were burned and priests killed or imprisoned for their faith. Although Hitler was a Christian he was an avid Darwinist. His firm belief in survival of the fittest and the superiority of the Aryan race drove him to commit the worst genocide in history. Think PROPERLY before you reply.

Percentage is a proportion. Atheist divorce less- end of story. 21% is 6% less than 27%

Atheism is not anti-religion. Dont conflate the two. Always remember that for you to find something wrong with atheists, you had to go back to times before you were born to remix stories. I used clear evidence from our current times.

Mao, Stalin and co did not kill because they were atheists they killed because of their ideology- which was a religious in a sense.

Darwinism is an ambiguous term. Darwinism is not atheism and neither is it the bedrock of atheism. hitler was a christian, end of story.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by UyiIredia(m): 1:17am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

Percentage is a proportion. Atheist divorce less- end of story. 21% is 6% less than 27%

Atheism is not anti-religion. Dont conflate the two. Always remember that for you to find something wrong with atheists, you had to go back to times before you were born to remix stories. I used clear evidence from our current times.

Mao, Stalin and co did not kill because they were atheists they killed because of their ideology- which was a religious in a sense.

Darwinism is an ambiguous term. Darwinism is not atheism and neither is it the bedrock of atheism. hitler was a christian, end of story.

21% of the people divorcing in a huge population are atheists. That's a pretty bad position considering the FACT. That atheists are the smallest group in the population. For their size their divorce rates are considerably high. Get that into your thick skull.

Atheism is anti-religion you fool! Aren't you an informed atheist ? Don't you see what atheists say on discussion boards, YouTube etc.

Atheism was part of the ideology of Stalin & Pol Pot and had much to do with their killlings. Stop denying this simple truth.

Hitler was an evolutionist, end of story !
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

21% of the people divorcing in a huge population are atheists. That's a pretty bad position considering the FACT. That atheists are the smallest group in the population. For their size their divorce rates are considerably high. Get that into your thick skull.

Atheism is anti-religion you fool! Aren't you an informed atheist ? Don't you see what atheists say on discussion boards, YouTube etc.

Atheism was part of the ideology of Stalin & Pol Pot and had much to do with their killlings. Stop denying this simple truth.

Guy, did you fail maths? Percentage is a proportion. 21% of anything is a small part of that thing. 21% of atheist is not high, it remains 21% of atheists.

Or are you saying that 21% of atheists is a higher proportion than 21% of christians? Better start using your brain. They are the same proportion irrespective of the total figure.

Hitler was an evolutionist? lol.....What is that supposed to mean? That Hitler was no a christian?

Atheism is not an ideology. It is a simple theological stance on the belief in god. Communism/Marxism on the other hand...

Anti-religion is not the same as atheism. Get a brain. If an atheist is anti-religious, it does not mean atheists are anti-religious. Criticisng the excesses of religion doesnt make one anti-religious.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nickydrake(m): 1:36am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

In the same way you argue that the cruel and senseless nature of the despots wasn't directly due to their atheism, one may argue, and rightly too, that nominal christians who live debased and immoral lives do so because they lack the true conviction of the christian faith, and not because christianity condones such behaviour.

Christianity has its essence in Jesus Christ, and it is impossible to find a more compelling guide to morality.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nickydrake(m): 1:36am On Nov 03, 2012
Sorry, double post.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 03, 2012
Nickydrake:

In the same way you argue that the cruel and senseless nature of the despots wasn't directly due to their atheism, one may argue, and rightly too, that nominal christians who live debased and immoral lives do so because they lack the true conviction of the christian faith, and not because christianity condones such behaviour.

Christianity has its essence in Jesus Christ, and it is impossible to find a more compelling guide to morality.

Nope. You fail to see that atheism is not a religion or a set of beliefs or ideas or values.

People kill and have killed in the name of god or a religious cause. You cant kill in the name of atheism. All atheism is is a stance on the belief in god.

The bible has enough bloody parts which condone killing. The crisaders killed in the name of God. The were the executioners for God.

Jesus christ himself was violent at times. Why did he need to chase people with whips from selling at the temple? Why wasz he racist to the Caanantie woman?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080302060228AArujAE
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nickydrake(m): 2:23am On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:
Nope. You fail to see that atheism is not a religion or a set of beliefs or ideas or values.

People kill and have killed in the name of god or a religious cause. You cant kill in the name of atheism. All atheism is is a stance on the belief in god.

The bible has enough bloody parts which condone killing. The crisaders killed in the name of God. The were the executioners for God.

Jesus christ himself was violent at times. Why did he need to chase people with whips from selling at the temple? Why wasz he racist to the Caanantie woman?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080302060228AArujAE

If i do not believe in the existence of God, and hold that anyone who does is just silly and needs to be forcefully made to come out of their foolishnèss, then by your reckoning i may be a deviant atheist, but an atheist nonetheless. See?

The point is, it is hardly accurate to consider aberrations as a true reflection of the general character of a group.

Need to go to bed now. Cheers.

Edited.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 2:26am On Nov 03, 2012
Nickydrake:

If i do not believe in the existence of God, and hold that anyone who does is just silly and needs to be forcefully made to come out of their foolishnèss, then by your reckoning i may be a deviant atheist, but an atheist nonetheless. See?

Need to go to bed now. Cheers.

Sense, it no make.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by plaetton: 3:28am On Nov 03, 2012
God's-Word:

There u have it.

Sorry mate, you just contradicted yourself without even knowing it. See what blind faith can to an intelligent person. lol

"The spirit of god moved upon the face of the waters". This obviously means that god did not create water. Right?
So according to the bible, there was water even before the god created the first light of the universe. Am I right?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by plaetton: 3:35am On Nov 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Daaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
21% of their population.
Do you not understand Proportions?

Are talking about devine voodoo math, the one that says 1+1+1= 1?
It seems that you skipped your math classes.
Ignorance knows no bounds.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 3:46am On Nov 03, 2012
Who goes there?! Una tink say i don sleep? I no be somnabulist o!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by cyrexx: 5:37am On Nov 03, 2012
God's-Word:

There u have it.

God's Word, you are well done. Infact this video just proved what you are here trying to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95VTh4FA_gE&feature=g-all-c

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by ijawkid(m): 5:52am On Nov 03, 2012
The theme of this post should have been..
:::::

ATHEISTs ARE MORE"" MORAL"" THAN FALSE CHRISTIANS/MUSLIMS.....

Because if we go by your conclusion then we can as well say atheists are as good as Jesus.....that would be crazy...........

there is no way an atheist would be more moral than a genuine Christian....not In this world......

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

19 Manipulative Tactics Nigerian Pastors Use To Collect Money By Aroms Aigbehi / I Have NOTHING To Do With Panama Papers - TB Joshua / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.