Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists (13361 Views)

Christians/muslims - Define "Idol Worship" - By Pagans / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2011
God=me

"Because I was constantly being told that I'm rejecting God, and I knew that wasn't true, I decided to research rejection, which made me aware of its effects. My studies took me in a completely unexpected direction. The epiphany (pun intended) was rather shocking. The evidence indicates that the personal god is a manifestation of the ego, which explains a plethora of theistic tendencies, including their typical dislike of atheists, who theists subconsciously perceive to be rejecting a part of themselves. God is Tyler Durden; and the first rule of Jesus Club is you have to talk about Jesus Club. The second rule of Jesus Club is you have to talk about Jesus Club." (by DarkMatter 2522)

Reference:
[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8ZMMuu7MU[/flash]
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2011
the reverse is the case on Nl. i mean the title of this thread
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2011
you mean the converse,  not reverse I am sure,

Well, I really doubt this, I can show you many examples of what I am saying,  In fact I have at least one very offended Christian in the post "Atheism Is A Religion "right now,  have you watched the video?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Sweetnecta: 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2011
^ While Jesus is not considered God my over 50% of the theists,
almost all the theists are not arrogant, compared to the self styled 'self assured' atheists.

you are a typical example. You have decided that you are correct in your view of God, even though in reality you are defenseless against other humans.
as the saying goes, " there is no atheist in the foxhole" when bullets are zooming by, left and right of you and people are dying right in your face.

When an atheist is put to the test of extreme trial, suffering greatly, he wil get to a point that the pain will make him cry out to God.

when he is in state of ease, he is arrogant, with his nose in the sky, doubting the existing of his Creator.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2011
^ While Jesus is not considered God

Indeed he is GOD Manifested in the flesh !!

my over 50% of the theists,
almost all the theists are not arrogant, compared to the self styled 'self assured' atheists.

I think Muslims are arrogant for the following reasons :

- Classify themselves as the chosen few while condemning the Kafir as less than animals
- Dictate to GOD how he should save mankind
- Challenge the Holy Scriptures that were written generations before Muhammad
- Arabize GOD and put him beyond the reach of multiplied millions
- Prevent Muslims from leaving the faith
- Oppress women like cattle
- Accuse the Jews of racism when in fact Muslim Arabs are the No. 1 racists worldwide
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Jenifa1: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2011
it's the other way round. Atheists get more offended by Christians.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by noetic16(m): 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2011
@OP

Atheist claim God does not exist . .yet they spend a lot of energy discussing, debating and attacking His personality.
Its the other way round.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2011
@sweetnecta,This is the problem with you people. What makes you think an Atheist will scream "god" in time of distress? Have you put it to the test or do you assume everyone would react like you would? Speaking for myself, I have gone through things that would force the so called born again Christians run to babalowos to seek "help and guidance" and during that trying phase of my life, I coined it as "one of those phases". Not everyone is like YOU! Get your mind right!
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2011
if an atheist screams God when he or she is in danger. it does not mean god exists. it actually means nothing.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2011
there are many christian hate groups that specifically target atheists. it is very kind if you all watched the you tube video linked. it is short and to the point. that wikl pretend us from having to repeat things unnecessarily.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Sweetnecta: 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2011
@Harakiri: Mazaje never stops saying wAllahi. and no one is using Koboko to whip him like a stray dog.
imagine if he is being whipped like Kunta Kinte?

[Quote]« #4 on: Today at 08:55:11 PM »

^ While Jesus is not considered God

Indeed he is GOD Manifested in the flesh !![/Quote]Because can't handle affairs where ever He was before becoming Jesus? I see why you said He was getting around on Cherubim.

[Quote]Quote
my over 50% of the theists,

I think Muslims are arrogant for the following reasons :

- Classify themselves as the chosen few while condemning the Kafir as less than animals[/Quote]You are a laugh. Tell madam that somebody said that you are a laugh. She will laugh at you, too. In the Bible the word Infidel is used against non Christians. Jesus is coming back to slaughter the jews. Today, the cjristians say that muslims are evil. You say we are evil with a laughing straight face.

[Quote]- Dictate to GOD how he should save mankind[/Quote]While you ridicule Him that he must become a Father and then send the son, even if the son says no, I don't wanna do it as evident in his crying out on the cross, God must get His drops of blood? Are you working with a full deck?

[Quote]-Challenge the Holy Scriptures that were written generations before Muhammad[/Quote]And the world was flat was believed much much earlier before the idea of the world being Spherical. Which one is correct?

[Quote]- Arabize GOD and put him beyond the reach of multiplied millions[/Quote]God was always beyond the reach of multitudes. Ask Noah. Ask Moses. Ask Jesus. Wait a minute; ask Abraham. Ask Adam. Which one of them was hobnobbing with God and can describe Him to a T?

[Quote]- Prevent Muslims from leaving the faith[/Quote]Mazaje will tell you he was once a muslim. You people said Bakare, the nigerian pastor was a muslim. You people said Oshimolowo was a muslim. What's the matter with you? I know former Christians whose family will not talk to. One of them is Dr Brown.

[Quote]- Oppress women like cattle[/Quote]The same women who must not talk in the church, being man the crown on her head. The mercy of muslims in reality while Christians disappoint;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FJno8gPu6w&feature=related

[Quote]- Accuse the Jews of racism when in fact Muslim Arabs are the No. 1 racists worldwide[/Quote]Watch the video of Jews telling you to get lost;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MgGtIWJoPc&NR=1
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2011
jesus as a concept or system or meme does exist and is very real. when a mad man goes to a psychiatrist they discuss about his hallucinations. real or perceived.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Sweetnecta: 12:52am On Oct 03, 2011
something for frosbel to watch;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pJDR_AALE0&NR=1

texas village idi,ot
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by globexl: 1:26am On Oct 03, 2011
I have known and worked with people of all faiths, from hindus to buddhist, shintoist, Confucionist, Taoist, Zoroasterist, etc. The christians are by far the most intolerant , insecure and most ingnorant of the very faith they profess.
I have never been harassed by a muslim, a hindu, buddhist or members of any other religion for that matter. I get harassed everyday(even today) by christians to come and join their (Lonely?)religion. When I politely say no thanks , they probe for my reasons, when I give my reasons, all hell breaks loose. At the end of every encounter, I'm insulted and condemned to eternal hell fire.
It is human nature to get frustrated and push back once in while.
It is also human nature that when I see anyone in this forum or any other public forum lash out at athiests or agnostics, I would usually fireback in defence of my right to believe or not to believe all the religious scrap out there.
Once stand up to defend my right, then i am called an evengelical athiest.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 7:18am On Oct 03, 2011
@globexl,It can be really tiring. In the real world, I don't even bother explaining myself to anyone (unless the person shows genuine curiosity to learn and isn't looking for holes to sink his/her conversion hooks in). I just stare at them as if they are sheep (doesn't the bible call them sheep by the way?). Arguing with them is pointless. A lot of them will go as far as spreading rumours that you are into a blood cult society. They will manufacture tales about you that people believe without doubt (after all you neither go to church or the mosque). They believe you MUST be serving "something". If there was a drug called "basic common sense and rational thinking BP", I would use every last dime I have to buy as many as I can and give free to Nigerians. Religion and Nigerian home videos have taken over their senses. They are tiring.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by mazaje(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Harakiri: Mazaje never stops saying wAllahi. and no one is using Koboko to whip him like a stray dog.

You are a stup[i]i[/i]d old man. . . .So what if I use wallahi? Its a part of the hausa language. . . . .Causing bodily harm and killing people is all what your religion advocates, no? Useless terrorist. . . .

harakiri:

@globexl,It can be really tiring. In the real world, I don't even bother explaining myself to anyone (unless the person shows genuine curiosity to learn and isn't looking for holes to sink his/her conversion hooks in). I just stare at them as if they are sheep (doesn't the bible call them sheep by the way?). Arguing with them is pointless. A lot of them will go as far as spreading rumours that you are into a blood cult society. They will manufacture tales about you that people believe without doubt (after all you neither go to church or the mosque). They believe you MUST be serving "something". If there was a drug called "basic common sense and rational thinking BP", I would use every last dime I have to buy as many as I can and give free to Nigerians. Religion and Nigerian home videos have taken over their senses. They are tiring.

It can be tiring, you won't believe ii but just 6 years ago I used to reason like that. . . .If you tell me you were an atheist when I was a chrisatian i will probably run away from you because I will automatically assume you are of the mythical devil, hence you will be tagged as a bad person by me. . . . .Most times I don't blame them because they don't really know what they are doing. . . .They are just lost in a bubble of delusion and craziness. . . .Coupled with the fact that the black man is naturally very close minded unlike the white man. . . .
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Sweetnecta: 10:08am On Oct 03, 2011
[Quote]« #15 on: Today at 09:28:18 AM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 10:32:41 PM

You are a stupid old man. . . .So what if I use wallahi? Its a part of the hausa language. . . . .Causing bodily harm and killing people is all what your religion advocates, no? Useless terrorist. . . .[/Quote]yet it is the semen of my brother in islam that produced you. behold, mazaje is the poster child of never to choose the wrong spouse. if you are so aggrieved and you really believe that Allah does not exist, return the semen of muslim that Allah allowed to make you possible.

i know you are an empty barrel. you have the gut to say you were a christian and now atheist, when Islam had formed you. when i see you in the northern nigeria, i will use dirty and worn out shoes to beat your head. ungrateful boy.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2011
@Mazaje,If I tell you the countless persecutions I've endured ever since I dumped religion,you'll pity me. The last one was from a close business associate months ago. We had been working on some deals for quite a while and none yielded anything. He began to blame our predicament on my godlessness and I was forced to cut him off. Shortly after we parted ways,I got some big breaks on my own and this same guy started spreading rumours that I was involved in blood rituals. This is a grown man in his late fourties and he's older than me with about 17years! You'd expect wisdom comes with age. Even my younger siblings look at me as an alien from mars and they only recognise me as a human being when they need my help. It's really sad but I have developed thick skin over these things.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by thehomer: 10:31am On Oct 03, 2011
zataxs:

God=me

"Because I was constantly being told that I'm rejecting God, and I knew that wasn't true, I decided to research rejection, which made me aware of its effects. My studies took me in a completely unexpected direction. The epiphany (pun intended) was rather shocking. The evidence indicates that the personal god is a manifestation of the ego, which explains a plethora of theistic tendencies, including their typical dislike of atheists, who theists subconsciously perceive to be rejecting a part of themselves. God is Tyler Durden; and the first rule of Jesus Club is you have to talk about Jesus Club. The second rule of Jesus Club is you have to talk about Jesus Club." (by DarkMatter 2522)

Reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8ZMMuu7MU

Quite accurate. I posted that video a while ago and what happened? The thread was derailed by some angry religious fellows. I simply wonder if they watched the video and realized what was being rejected.

Here's the link to it where we can see another faith based initiative in action.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2011
ROFLMAO @ Jesus club. The part I don't get is how religious people "rationalise" Atheists who are unsuccessful as being so because they are godless and when the Atheists are successful, they say the wealth comes from diabolical means a.k.a the Devil. How the arrive at these "facts" remains a mystery. They keep talking about persecution of Christians but who is really being persecuted? Are Atheists not the victims? Every now and then,someone asks me if I'm a Christian or Moslem. When I say neither, the look in their eye betrays them (they look at you as if you are either a demon or possessed by one). They start preaching the "word of god" to you as if you haven't heard it all before (or know their bible more than they do). When you politely tell them you aren't interested, they either continue talking about what they know nothing about or they start making snide comments about you bring possessed,in bondage or needing deliverance. It can be really irritating but these are almost everyday experiences. The general assumption is that if you aren't religious, then you must be an "evil person" and I begin to wonder why Nigeria keeps moving backward with all the abundance of religion and "god fearing" people.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by mazaje(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2011
Sweetnecta:

yet it is the Fluid of my brother in islam that produced you. behold, mazaje is the poster child of never to choose the wrong spouse. if you are so aggrieved and you really believe that Allah does not exist, return the Fluid of muslim that Allah allowed to make you possible.

i know you are an empty barrel. you have the gut to say you were a christian and now atheist, when Islam had formed you. when i see you in the northern nigeria, i will use dirty and worn out shoes to beat your head. ungrateful boy.

What is this old FOOOOOOOOOOL saying? You have completely lost your bearings. . . .You can't stand me any where you see me so knock it off. . . .Useless terrorist. . . . .
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Sweetnecta: 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2011
@Harakiri; none of these ideas will come from muslims, because we accept that all provisions come from God. All successes from God. All failures comes are permitted by God, as tests, reminders, cautions, etc.

@Mazaje; he called me terrorist. then qualifies it with useless.
Here you are wrapping me with the wrong label.
You never stop insulting me, even though I can have you as a son.
the arrogance of you.
As i have said, and I do not hate you, you are a poster child for a muslim not to marry badly.
You insult your father, his people, his religion.
Shame on you.
You must be a bad child. Then you become worse as you left guidance.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by mazaje(m): 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2011
harakiri:

@Mazaje,If I tell you the countless persecutions I've endured ever since I dumped religion,you'll pity me. The last one was from a close business associate months ago. We had been working on some deals for quite a while and none yielded anything. He began to blame our predicament on my godlessness and I was forced to cut him off. Shortly after we parted ways,I got some big breaks on my own and this same guy started spreading rumours that I was involved in blood rituals. This is a grown man in his late fourties and he's older than me with about 17years! You'd expect wisdom comes with age. Even my younger siblings look at me as an alien from mars and they only recognise me as a human being when they need my help. It's really sad but I have developed thick skin over these things.

Its worse in Nigeria cos most people are uneducated, close minded and generally stup[i]i[/i]d. . . . .Most people don't know anything in Nigeria so its hard for them to understand when you tell them you don't believe in their cleverly concocted mythologies. . . . .When am in Nigeria I mostly play along. . .When am in Kano with my muslims cousins I act as a Muslim, when with my christain cousins, I act as a christian just so that they leave me alone. . . .When in Europe I let every body that tries to disturb me know my position and I've noticed that most Nigerians here accept atheism cos most of their host(the Europeans) are mostly atheist or agnostics so they are just forced to accept or tolerate you because there is nothing they can do to you. . . .Most just feel you are trying to copy the white people. . . .I know exactly how it feels in Nigeria. . . .

Just play along cos you can't reason with them since they are long gone in their various delusions. . . .The truth is they don't even know what they are doing. . . .They have been programmed to hate or dislike what is outside their bubble of delusion. . . . .
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by mazaje(m): 1:02pm On Oct 03, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Mazaje; he called me terrorist. then qualifies it with useless.
Here you are wrapping me with the wrong label.
You never stop insulting me, even though I can have you as a son.
the arrogance of you.
As i have said, and I do not hate you, you are a poster child for a muslim not to marry badly.
You insult your father, his people, his religion.
Shame on you.
You must be a bad child. Then you become worse as you left guidance.

Yes, I called you a useless terrorist ONLY because you are constantly threatening me with violence. . . .You use words like" I will send rhino to finish you completely or I will beat you up"  Its only a terrorist that uses such language and you are one, since all what your religion teaches you is to cause bodily harm against others that disagree with you. . . .Respect is reciprocal, no?. . . .You said I must be a bad child, eh? OK that means you must be a useless old man that keeps threatening people with violence on the internet. . .Keep on deluding yourself. . .
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Sweetnecta: 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2011
[Quote]« #22 on: Today at 12:58:10 PM »

Quote from: harakiri on Today at 10:22:51 AM

Its worse in Nigeria cos most people are uneducated, close minded and generally stupid. . . . .Most people don't know anything in Nigeria so its hard for them to understand when you tell them you don't believe in their cleverly concocted mythologies. . . . .When am in Nigeria I mostly play along. . .When am in Kano with my muslims cousins I act as a Muslim, when with my christain cousins, I act as a christian just so that they leave me alone. . . .When in Europe I let every body that tries to disturb me know my position and I've noticed that most Nigerians here accept atheism cos most of their host(the Europeans) are mostly atheist or agnostics so they are just forced to accept or tolerate you because there is nothing they can do to you. . . .Most just feel you are trying to copy the white people. . . .I know exactly how it feels in Nigeria. . . .

Just play along cos you can't reason with them since they are long gone in their various delusions. . . .The truth is they don't even know what they are doing. . . .They have been programmed to hate or dislike what is outside their bubble of delusion. . . . .[/Quote]see hypocrite. and he called himself a warrior. which war can you fight with 2 faces and no spine? mazaje the boneless lump.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Sweetnecta: 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
when he sees his cousins, he falls in lines; playing muslims one time, playing christian at another. but hides his truth [false]. this is hypocrisy.

imagine when your christian cousins finds out that you are more than the muslim infidels. your goose will be cooked, because they are all christian soldiers. and when they hurt, they over destroy.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by mazaje(m): 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
Sweetnecta:

see hypocrite. and he called himself a warrior. which war can you fight with 2 faces and no spine? mazaje the boneless lump.

What is this useless terrorist saying?. . . .If all your religion teaches you is how to fight war and become a warrior then that's your business. . .I have never called myself a warrior and I am not in a war with any one, but since all what Islam teaches you is war you automatically assume that every body reasons or sees things the way you do, you see things in only one dimension that is the narrow dimension of friend or foe. . . .Its not every body that reasons like a terrorist the way you do. . . .You keep embarrassing and exposing your self as a useless terrorist when ever you type. . . .Knock it off and take a rest. . . .Useless terrorist. . . .
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by mazaje(m): 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2011
Sweetnecta:

when he sees his cousins, he falls in lines; playing muslims one time, playing christian at another. but hides his truth [false]. this is hypocrisy.

imagine when your christian cousins finds out that you are more than the muslim infidels. your goose will be cooked, because they are all christian soldiers. and when they hurt, they over destroy.

Just look at the type of language this useless terrorist is using. . . .FOOOOOOL. . . .
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2011
The fact that I don't subscibe to any religion helps me in Nigeria at times. When I tell my Christian sisters I have no religion, they're shocked but also intrigued and fascinated. They begin to look at me as a bad boy while in actual fact I'm a nice guy to the core. Girls in Nigeria say they want God fearing guys but they are attracted to 'I don't give an f' guys and my non religion helps foster that image. In the end more girls to my crib.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 2:58pm On Oct 03, 2011
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by mazaje(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2011
zataxs:

[img]http://floroy1942.files./2010/02/behead-those-who-say-islam-is-violent.jpg[/img]

Sweetnecta is that you?. . . . .
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by noetic16(m): 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2011
mazaje, why have u stayed away from the God delusion thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? / Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.