Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:33 AM

Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA (10737 Views)

Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement / Rochas Okorocha’s Son Graduates Frm University Of Manchester With First Class / 2015: APC Gives Automatic Ticket To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by bilms(m): 8:40am On Apr 16, 2013
AAUA CONVOCATION: Mimiko gives automatic employment to 10 First Class graduates.

The Ondo State governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko, has said that the state government would give automatic employment to the 10 First Class graduates of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko (AAUA).

The governor, who spoke at the fourth Convocation annniversary of the institution, said the move was to reward excellence and also encourage other students to work harder.

He noted that though, traditionally, it was the school that employed such candidates but added that any of those lucky graduates who was not interested in academic job would be engaged in the state civil service.

Mimiko, however, stated that his administration would continue to support the institution and assist it to achieve its aim of becoming one of the best in the country, inspite of its fees which was the lowest in the country.

He said, “ we have ensured that the admission of students into AAUA is purely on merit, there is no governor’s list, no VC’s list, that is why we are getting good results from our students,”

Mimiko also commended the management, staff and students of the institution for maintaining discipline on the campus, saying in the last four years, there was no interruption in the academic programmes of the university.

The Vice Chancellor of the university, Professor Femi Mimiko, said that the authourities of the school had ensured that the 14-year-old institution developrd everyday academically and in terms infrastructure.

He, however, noted that the achievements were possible because of the support from the state government, adding that all the programmes being run by the university had been accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).

The vice chancellor said “ I am delighted to announce to you that all our academic programmes except two that have ‘back to back’ interim status are accredited by NUC with 88 per cent of them enjoying full accredited status.”

The VC, who revealed that the alumni of the school were doing excellently well in various fields all around the world, maintained that the school would not relent on hardwork and discipline in order to achieve the goals of excellence.

No fewer than 5,497 students from the 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 sessions received first and higher degrees from different departments.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/8090-aaua-convocation-mimiko-gives-automatic-employment-to-10-first-class-graduates

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by tomakint: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2013
My Governor, ride on! Iroko Gbasibe jooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Alexebo1(m): 11:26am On Apr 16, 2013
ok
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Deivid10(m): 11:26am On Apr 16, 2013
So my usless Governor can't do it in my tym? Not pointin fingers am just frm Abia State n skuld in MOUAU... Dem com allow me to com dey suffer sorry serve here in rivers state mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Ichel: 11:27am On Apr 16, 2013
9ce one
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 16, 2013
Nice move but come to think of it. Employing the 10 BEST, leaving the BETTER in the labour market and The WORST to engage in crime and create insecurity after years of idleness to the BEST not what we want in Ondo state but holistic employment programmes that accommodate the yarning and aspirations of all.

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Lilimax(f): 11:30am On Apr 16, 2013
JudismphD: .
Just a waste of space. Must you comment or write something.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Lilimax(f): 11:30am On Apr 16, 2013
First class is fast becoming like pure water in Nigerian Universities. I am not moved at all....
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by jimharry21(m): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2013
i hope they're not all from Ondo State?
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Ayomax(m): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2013
tht my skul.... waiting for my own automatic employment
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by matrixme(m): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2013
We know better anyway. Some words are best unsaid.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 16, 2013
Lilimax:
Just a waste of space. Must you comment or write something.
go get brain
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by slimming: 11:37am On Apr 16, 2013
First class certificate in govt ministries is a great means to waste away.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by ifyfaith: 11:37am On Apr 16, 2013
i finished there but couldnt make first class,it was announced on our convoc day

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2013
Deivid10: So my usless Governor can't do it in my tym? Not pointin fingers am just frm Abia State n skuld in MOUAU... Dem com allow me to com dey suffer sorry serve here in rivers state mtchewww
Universally Competent Graduate !!!!!!!!!!!. I no fit shout joor.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Ocutegan(m): 11:52am On Apr 16, 2013
Governor is Olusegun Mimiko
Vice chancellor is Femi Mimiko
Won't be surprised if the 5 out of the 10 first class graduates are Mimikos also

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Alxmyr(m): 11:55am On Apr 16, 2013
Are we suppose to clap and jump up?

The governor sacked over 1,000 people mostly those that have spent considerable years in service.
Worst still, most employee does not know their fate. Are we suppose to dance for him?

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by ocheejemb: 12:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
Lilimax: First class is fast becoming like pure water in Nigerian Universities. I am not moved at all....

One in 6 graduates in the UK has a First, so I dont think having 10 first in a University of probably 10,000 is something to be proud of, or regard as commonplace.
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/news/percentage-of-first-class-degrees-doubles/

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Walexz02(m): 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
This is cool!
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by StarblackM: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
First class be like post these days.How many fit defend am? Let's be generous with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by mopol2(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
JudismphD: go get brain
oga why not get a life cos or go back to school and make ur own first class .dull
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by bigfat08: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
[size=15pt]THEY ARE SO LUCKY [/size]

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by seanet01: 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
Arrant Nonsense.
I will never accept such a job as a First class graduate.
I cannot even work under anybody.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
Alxmyr: Are we suppose to clap and jump up?

The governor sacked over 1,000 people mostly those that have spent considerable years in service.
Worst still, most employee does not know their fate. Are we suppose to dance for him?
those he sacked were ghost workers, legitimate civil servants werent affected

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by log1(m): 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
Lilimax: First class is fast becoming like pure water in Nigerian Universities. I am not moved at all....
Just because u didnt have it abi? Embrace good things for once.
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
Starblack M: First class be like post these days.How many fit defend am? Let's be generous with the truth.
ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY IS DIFFERENT FROM UMUDIKE POLYTHECNIC
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by log1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
Starblack M: First class be like post these days.How many fit defend am? Let's be generous with the truth.
You are not sincere let alone generous with your statement. I dnt knw why ppl dnt appreciate things they cant get.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by chuckdee4(m): 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
First Class this, First Class that
What of the students who could not make a first class cos they had part time jobs or because they got screwed by a lecturer.

As much as this is a good gesture, this is one of the problems with our society, everybody is always quick to talk up or reward someone with certifications. These certifications does not even begin to tell you what this person is capable of.
Whatever happened to rewarding people based on what they could do or what they brought to the table rather than judging individuals based on documents.

Ever wondered why we have loads of square pegs in round holes, ever wondered why that minister abi governor with the fake Toronto certificate got so far.
The sooner we stop using paper work to judge people the better for us, because everyone, even the so-called 3rd class student has loads to offer.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by OCcool: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
log1:
Just because u didnt have it abi? Embrace good things for once.
bless u bro, U took d words right out of my mouth
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by premlove(m): 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
seanet01: Arrant Nonsense.
that is y u did not graduate with first class greed man
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by premlove(m): 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2013
chuckdee4: First Class this, First Class that
What of the students who could not make a first class cos they had part time jobs or because they got screwed by a lecturer.

As much as this is a good gesture, this is one of the problems with our society, everybody is always quick to talk up or reward someone with certifications. These certifications does not even begin to tell you what this person is capable of.
Whatever happened to rewarding people based on what they could do or what they brought to the table rather than judging individuals based on documents.

Ever wondered why we have loads of square pegs in round holes, ever wondered why that minister abi governor with the fake Toronto certificate got so far.
The sooner we stop using paper work to judge people the better for us, because everyone, even the so-called 3rd class student has loads to offer.
pepper eye u jst sound like a product of third class if nt pass
Re: Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA by phemieojelabi: 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
seanet01: Arrant Nonsense.
U had beta embraze it first b/4 proceeding to entrepreneur level.D rate @ which Dis world Govt does tinz dis day is out of hand ma broda .1yr+ 3student set dia self ablaze afta been trained n abandoned by dia Govt,(Back home)Recently best graduating students 2011/2012 nationwide were been givin scholarship to any school of dia choice abroad my broda till nw dey are still waitng for D FG arrangmt.My friend cousin kudn't bia d long process,later call d admin ofix dia abroad 2 find out Y delayin d process bt @ d end we get 2 knw dat those repin d FG had mission of putting dia own pple mean wyle dey left the brilliant Hibernating dat d procedure is still on dey just having sum issue wit dia wit akomodatn process.(If kia is nt taken d scholarship expires n it gone 4eva.)Cos it mend 4 a duratn.
Am nt o fan of any politician bt who eva try shud b applaud!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambassadorial Nomination: SFD Writes Senate, Calls For Buratai’s Confirmation / 2023: I See PDP Office Holders, Members Coming To APC – Tonye Princewill / Buhari In Durban, South Africa, To Seek $40 Billion Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.