Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God (7340 Views)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist / The Holy Grail? (Grail Message) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hail Mary, full of grace, the lord is thee, Blessed are u among women and Blessed is the fruit thy womb Jesus.
What would u say to the holy mother? Would u join d bible to call her blessed or would join d devil to tremble at her feet?

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
...Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us (and indeed me) sinners (a sinner), now and at the hour of our (my) death. Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by inspiredbyGOD(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
You both know that not everybody reveres Mary right?
Anyways Mary, if the Catholics are right about you, could you tell your Son to return to earth? Most of us are beginning to lose our faith.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
may d God almighty bless u as u proclaim his word
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
Idol worship !

All Glory to GOD and his Son Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
Anyways Mary, if the Catholics are right about you, could you tell your Son to return to earth? Most of us are beginning to lose our faith.
So natural of u. May 2ru mary d precious mother of God and of d universe ask God in in ur own favour and to grant ur wish.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
Howdy Inspired,

Ofcourse I know...but that does not mean I can't revere her when I want to wink If one is free not to revere even God himself, why can't we also be free to revere both God and his Mother?

Trust me when I say you aren't alone on this...Ii just pray that God reveals himself to you in his own way just as he did for me. Losing faith is not new but the snag is why lose faith when it won't hurt if you don't?

Luke 18:8
Good News Translation (GNT)

8 I tell you, he will judge in their favor and do it quickly. But will the Son of Man find faith on earth when he comes?”
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
frosbel: Idol worship !

All Glory to GOD and his Son Jesus Christ.
If the mother of God is an idol, then she gave birth to d supreme idol who created the universe.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
Chukskalidon:
If the mother of God is an idol, then she gave birth to d all supreme idols who created the universe.

God has no mother.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
frosbel:

God has no mother.
Atheist!!! U're lyk a man wit leprosy.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by bizmahn: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
God has no beginning of days or end of days.Mary has.God was never created & can't be created.Mary was.God is omnipotent,omniscient etc.Mary is not.God is sinlessly perfect .Mary is not.Therefore Mary can never be the mother of God EOD.Mary will bow before Jesus as every knee will in heaven.She will call Him my father & Lord & He will call her my faithful daughter.Jesus created Mary & only chose to use her as he chose to speak thru the dumb a ss.Why don't we go ahead & honour & pray thru the dumb a ss.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by bizmahn: 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
i mean how can a mortal beget immortal or a perishable creature create an eternal abiding creator.This is great error.It is wrong to venerate or deify ordinary mortal vessels that God used.He can use anybody.He even used Cyrus a pegan king in the bible to rebuild Jerusalem.Search ur bible.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by MadCow1: 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by okpurukata(f): 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
Ezinne Maria.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by okpurukata(f): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
A Pentecostal pastor preaching by my house one night made me realize the greatness of Mary. Hear him, "among all women thou art highly FAVOURED' . He told his congregation that no one else in the whole bible was ever called, highly FAVOURED except Mary mother of Jesus.

If this comes from a pastor, what more can I say. All generation shall call me blessed.

Maama, you are really blessed.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2013
bizmahn: God has no beginning of days or end of days.Mary has.God was never created & can't be created.Mary was.God is omnipotent,omniscient etc.Mary is not.God is sinlessly perfect .Mary is not.Therefore Mary can never be the mother of God EOD.Mary will bow before Jesus as every knee will in heaven.She will call Him my father & Lord & He will call her my faithful daughter.Jesus created Mary & only chose to use her as he chose to speak thru the dumb a ss.Why don't we go ahead & honour & pray thru the dumb a ss.
it is quite interesting that God who is outside time, and uncreated, omniscient and omnipotent decided that to save man he must step into time, he must take a begining of days as a man, he must take a created human body, so he is like us in all thing, he dies with his human body to give us life, to give us that like he must take human nature and be like us in all things except sin!
For that to happen the creature gives birth to his creator. Mary gave birth to her creator, mary must bend a kneel before her own child and during his time on earth her son must honor her. That is how it came to be. You can't chang it.
Peace.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by mumumugu(m): 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
Every woman wants to be mother of president, mother of governor so as to be respected.yet find it hard to respect mother of christ

1 Like

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by amanda2013(f): 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2013
ave marie!!!

1 Like

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
1. She is the mother of Jesus and not God, I hope we can agree on this.

2. Indeed she is blessed among women and honoured.

3. But, she cannot pray for anyone, she cannot hear the millions of hail Marys said over the centuries, because she died hundreds of years ago.

4. The only prayer that counts, is the prayer to God in Christ's name.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Syncan(m): 6:49am On Apr 17, 2013
bizmahn: i mean how can a mortal beget immortal or a perishable creature create an eternal abiding creator.This is great error.It is wrong to venerate or deify ordinary mortal vessels that God used.He can use anybody.He even used Cyrus a pegan king in the bible to rebuild Jerusalem.Search ur bible.

Hmmm,the above has indeed got me thinking of the ark of the covenant and the veneration given to this "Ordinary Vessel", oh, so much that someone had to die, for touching it without permission. 2Sam 6:6

Totus Tuus.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by oloriooko(m): 7:51am On Apr 17, 2013
@ op is this her real pix?
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 8:29am On Apr 17, 2013
frosbel:
1. She is the mother of Jesus and not God, I hope we can agree on this.
she is not the mother of God the father, but she is the mother of the only begotten son who scripture clearly calls God, it is in this sense that she is mother of God.
2. Indeed she is blessed among women and honoured.
amen

3. But, she cannot pray for anyone, she cannot hear the millions of hail Marys said over the centuries, because she died hundreds of years ago.
this is your opinion, i'll respect it as such.
4. The only prayer that counts, is the prayer to God in Christ's name.
in another word, the only way to the father is through the mediatorship of the son. To that i say amen.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 17, 2013
bizmahn: i mean how can a mortal beget immortal or a perishable creature create an eternal abiding creator.This is great error.It is wrong to venerate or deify ordinary mortal vessels that God used.He can use anybody.He even used Cyrus a pegan king in the bible to rebuild Jerusalem.Search ur bible.
Is it hard 4 u to realise dat u were saved 2ru mary. Yea, God is immortal as u av said and dat has crowned it all. If Mary can bear d immortal for d world to b saved by incarnation. Isn't dat a credit to her? Would u nt honour her and call her "blessed"?
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by deebrain(m): 5:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
emmmm...i would want to ask "holy" mary what happened to her after she received the holy spirit with the 120 in the upper room. How did she fare being a disciple of Jesus (even when known to be his earthly mother)? Glory be to Jesus Christ! cheesy
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by martinseme: 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
People should be aware that in judgement ignorance shall not be accepted as an excuse. Those who honour ,venerated ,and unconsciously worship any being in the spiritual realm and physical realm, apart from God the father who is also the son and holy spirit ,are putting themselves in danger of being cast to eternal torment in hell. All the prophets and saints including mary are all holy servants of God who worshiped and lived their life in fear and trembling until they transcended in death to heaven to continue to serve God and not one of them openly spoke out to be revered by anyone for they know their holiness is just by the grace of God alone and all to His glory alone.BECAREFUL you learned ones and pull out from sin against your God. All honour , worship ,glory and thanks giving belongs to Him alone.He still remains the unchanging fiery jealous God who shares his glory with no man or any creature.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
martinseme: People should be aware that in judgement ignorance shall not be accepted as an excuse. Those who honour ,venerated ,and unconsciously worship any being in the spiritual realm and physical realm, apart from God the father who is also the son and holy spirit ,are putting themselves in danger of being cast to eternal torment in hell.All the prophets and saints including mary are all holy servants of God who worshiped and lived their life in fear and trembling until they transcended in death to heaven to continue to serve God and not one of them openly s be revered by anyone for they know their holiness is just by the grace of God alone and all to His glory alone.BECAREFUL you learned ones and pull out from sin against your God. All honour , worship ,glory and thanks giving belongs to Him alone.He still remains the unchanging fiery jealous God who shares his glory with no man or any creature.
from hence forth all generations shall call me blessed. it seems under the inspiration of the holy spirit Mary prophesied that perpetual honor is hers
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by shdemidemi(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
Worshiping/praying or using Mary has a mediator for anything is wrong. People should know this by now. The only prayer she should be getting is RIP. Even after given birth to christ, if she did not believe in Christ she would not make heaven. She is not worthy of worship even with the virtue of her Given birth to our Lord.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Syncan(m): 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
shdemidemi: Worshiping/praying or using Mary has a mediator for anything is wrong. People should know this by now. The only prayer she should be getting is RIP . Even after given birth to christ, if she did not believe in Christ she would not make heaven. She is not worthy of worship even with the virtue of her Given birth to our Lord.

Please why should she get that prayer "RIP", for what purpose? Kindly explain your reason.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by shdemidemi(m): 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
Is that the issue..wishing the soul of a dead person peace shouldn't be a strange occurrence.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by Syncan(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
shdemidemi: Is that the issue..wishing the soul of a dead person peace shouldn't be a strange occurrence.

So it's now a wish and not a prayer again abi? You need to be sure of what you're saying.
Re: What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God by shdemidemi(m): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
Stop the deviation and say what you want to say. wish or prayer,does it really matter. Isn't it my wish that I pray about.
The issue here is she is not worthy of mediating for anyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Watched Mount Zion Film Lately? / Tithe And Offering Unbiased - Pastor Bankie / Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.