Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Teething Period,how Did You Cope? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teething Period,how Did You Cope? (6160 Views)

Pregnant After Period, How Possible? / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by Bluediamond1(f): 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
My baby has been stooling for over a week now (it's her teething period)and they said i can't use anything 2 stop it,that it will stop on it's own.
Dear moms,how did u cope with the teethin period?thanks
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by damiso(f): 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
My son is actually teething at the mo but he is having it easier than his sister did.

I really think there is nothing you can do about the stooling maybe prob reduce milk a lil depending on the age(this can mostly suit over 12 months babies)who are now eating solids.Note a lil though cos toddlers still need their calcium.

Also you can rub teething gel on her gums for relief and get her clean things to chew on ie teethers maybe those ones u can put in the fridge.

All in all it will pass,its for her own good, fried chicken tastes better with teeth cheesy cheesy
Dont worry your princess will be fine
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by Bluediamond1(f): 6:32am On Apr 17, 2013
damiso: My son is actually teething at the mo but he is having it easier than his sister did.

I really think there is nothing you can do about the stooling maybe prob reduce milk a lil depending on the age(this can mostly suit over 12 months babies)who are now eating solids.Note a lil though cos toddlers still need their calcium.

Also you can rub teething gel on her gums for relief and get her clean things to chew on ie teethers maybe those ones u can put in the fridge.

All in all it will pass,its for her own good, fried chicken tastes better with teeth cheesy cheesy
Dont worry your princess will be fine
tnx damiso,am actually using teething powder for her,is dat different from d gel u mentioned?wil like 2 knw.God bless.
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by blank(f): 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
I am not a fan of all these teething mixtures. Look at the ingredients and you will see that its mainly paracetamol and chloramphenical which damage the liver from prolonged use. Give paracetamol only when they are running temperature. Most teeting powders are mostly homepathic and do not really do anything. Some don't have any active ingredient others have things like Chamomilla, sugar and lactose.

Back to topic, Nothing to stop the stooling. Just remember to give him Oral Rehydration Therapy (ORT) everday until the stooling stops.
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by Bluediamond1(f): 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
Tnx a lot blank.wil do jst dat.
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
With our babies, we did absolutely nothing when they began teething. Didn't bother with teething powder or gel. Our eldest began teething quite early - her two lowers appeared at 2 months, and just into her third, two uppers. She did drool, but didn't seem to suffer any discomfort.

Our youngest started teething much later at just gone 6 months, and like her sister, doesn't seem bothered. She's got a soother to massage her gums, but she doesn't like it. She will however gnaw at a peeled sector of apple or pear.
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by Bluediamond1(f): 6:41am On Apr 18, 2013
Siena: With our babies, we did absolutely nothing when they began teething. Didn't bother with teething powder or gel. Our eldest began teething quite early - her two lowers appeared at 2 months, and just into her third, two uppers. She did drool, but didn't seem to suffer any discomfort.

Our youngest started teething much later at just gone 6 months, and like her sister, doesn't seem bothered. She's got a soother to massage her gums, but she doesn't like it. She will however gnaw at a peeled sector of apple or pear.
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by MumZ(f): 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
If he is stooling, I administer ORT 4 24hrs only, d stooling usually stops after. If hs running a temp., I gve paracetamol til hs temp normalises. Bt hs crankiness, I cnt do nytn about, jst try 2 mke hm as comfortable as possible, it ll pass after a day or 2.
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by anncook158: 5:21pm On May 26, 2016
When it comes to teething, all babies are different. But your baby will probably get their first tooth some time during their first year.
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by yvelchstores(f): 6:47pm On May 26, 2016
I used piccan for my baby. A bottle goes for like 1800-2000. It really helped....alot

1 Like

Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by LadySarah: 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
you are supposed to use ors and zinc tablets for the stooling and maybe paracetamol when feverish.pls desist frm buying piccan,bonababe and all the forms of teething powders ,it is wrong!
Re: Teething Period,how Did You Cope? by shedy03(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2017
LadySarah:
you are supposed to use ors and zinc tablets for the stooling and maybe paracetamol when feverish.pls desist frm buying piccan,bonababe and all the forms of teething powders ,it is wrong!
pls tell more about why use of piccan bonababe is wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Someone / What Should I Do? My Husband Said Our Marriage Is Over-Pls Advise / My Sister Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.