Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** (1356 Views)

How To Know A V4, V6, Or V8. Car By mere Looking At It / 4-cylinder Engine Vs 6-cylinder Engine / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
I think if this works, V8 Might be something of the past and i think it is the start of great future for the automobile industries.

Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by cretin: 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2013
nice
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
cretin: nice

very nice and i am so much looking forward to it, cos it means, i dont have to spend so much to fill my tank again . . .
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by Emperoh(m): 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Can you post the link? I can not fully understand his explanation.
Maybe some insights on how the fuel injection process in all cylinder sizes happen by auto experts will help.
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by Fhemmmy: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
Emperoh: Can you post the link? I can not fully understand his explanation.
Maybe some insights on how the fuel injection process in all cylinder sizes happen by auto experts will help.

I found it in a newspaper this morning on my way to the office and i decided to share with the people . . .
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 18, 2013
For different folks it will be acceptable. As for me the old saying "no replacement for displacement" stands.

I will continue to cuddle my faithful V8s.

Wasn't it Volvo that introduced the bastard 5 cylinder things?
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by lungwun(m): 9:32am On Apr 18, 2013
They lost me at Diesel
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 18, 2013
Somorin#1:
For different folks it will be acceptable. As for me the old saying "no replacement for displacement" stands.

I will continue to cuddle my faithful V8s.

Wasn't it Volvo that introduced the bastard 5 cylinder things?

I agree. I'll remain faithful to my V8 motors too.

Volvo didn't introduce the 5 cylinder engine though. Audi pioneered the inline 5 cylinder petrol engine in July 1976, where it was the flagship of the Audi 100, with capacities of 1,921 and 2,144cc, power outputs of 115 and 136 hp respectively.

It grew over the years, with capacities up to 2,461cc, and the 2,226cc versions powered the Audi Quattro with outputs ranging from 200 - 220 hp (the higher output versions had newly-developed DOHC 20V cylinder heads. These were turbocharged. The same engine was fitted to the Audi S2 and RS2, with power outputs of 230 and 315 hp respectively.

Volvo didn't dabble with 5 cylinder motors till the mid-'90's with the introduction of the Volvo 850. And these were based upon the Audi I5 (Audi supplied the crankshafts) and the diesel variants are actually the same 2,461cc TDI powerplants taken directly from the older ('91 - '95) Audi 100 / A6 C4.
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2013
Siena:

I agree. I'll remain faithful to my V8 motors too.

Volvo didn't introduce the 5 cylinder engine though. Audi pioneered the inline 5 cylinder petrol engine in July 1976, where it was the flagship of the Audi 100, with capacities of 1,921 and 2,144cc, power outputs of 115 and 136 hp respectively.

It grew over the years, with capacities up to 2,461cc, and the 2,226cc versions powered the Audi Quattro with outputs ranging from 200 - 220 hp (the higher output versions had newly-developed DOHC 20V cylinder heads. These were turbocharged. The same engine was fitted to the Audi S2 and RS2, with power outputs of 230 and 315 hp respectively.

Volvo didn't dabble with 5 cylinder motors till the mid-'90's with the introduction of the Volvo 850. And these were based upon the Audi I5 (Audi supplied the crankshafts) and the diesel variants are actually the same 2,461cc TDI powerplants taken directly from the older ('91 - '95) Audi 100 / A6 C4.

I would love to say that too oh, but with 5.4L Engine and price of gas these days, my faithfulness to V8 seems to be going low oh . . . tongue
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by Fhemmmy: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
Any other opinion on this, where are all the great minds . . . . ?
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by leuelliot(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
If the 4 cylinder engine can posses the same sound track from the xc90 v8, s80 v8 or the c 63 AMG, then i might consider it. i'm in love with thunderous exhaust notes!
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by Fhemmmy: 1:18am On May 04, 2013
leuelliot: If the 4 cylinder engine can posses the same sound track from the xc90 v8, s80 v8 or the c 63 AMG, then i might consider it. i'm in love with thunderous exhaust notes!

That is a nice one, but each time you hear those monstrous sound, you know money is being burnt via gas . . .
Re: Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** by cardoctor(m): 6:02am On May 04, 2013
cretin: nice

Hey guys. The op is talking about diesel injection technology here and the clip is not related to petrol injected engines.

(1) (Reply)

Any Importance To Car Mileage Consideration. / FRSC, Revenue Generation And The New Number Plate / Replacing 1999 Toyota Camry AC Unit With 2003/04 Toyota Camry AC Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.