Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,049 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Any Importance To Car Mileage Consideration. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Importance To Car Mileage Consideration. (1356 Views)

How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage? / Car Mileage And Engine Performance / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Importance To Car Mileage Consideration. by davou4eva(m): 4:16pm On May 21, 2013
Hi Expert, Please i want to know if their is any need to consider the mileage level of a car strictly for tokunbo before putting your money on it.

I will appreciate your humble response.
Re: Any Importance To Car Mileage Consideration. by ceysaga: 5:48pm On May 22, 2013
From my little experience, you'll be faced with shock absorber issues cos the car don waka too much.
Re: Any Importance To Car Mileage Consideration. by earthrealm(m): 10:31am On May 23, 2013
i will give u my opinoion, but it aint humble!! smiley

1. there is no hard and fast rule to mileage.. mr a can buy a 2005 toks with 70k original miles and mr b will buy same model with 120k miles, and mr b's car will last more than mr a.

maintaince is the key word.but a carfax/autocheck would provide you with all these info..

most toyota cars that hv a timing belt, toyota recommends a change interval of 100k miles,other components like the gearbox fluid, steering pump fluid and brake fluid are recommended to be changed out every 30k miles...
the water pump has a service life of 50k to 70k miles etc...n remember the industry standrad in usa is 12k to 15k miles per yr...so multipy the age of the car by that valuve to give u the rough estimate of the mileage....cars with 200k miles and above are sold very cheap in yankee and fraudulent car dealers buy these cars reduce the mileage and sell to fellow nigerians.....i rather buy a 2009 car with 70k miles than a 2012 car with 50k miles
Re: Any Importance To Car Mileage Consideration. by davou4eva(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
Waoh! nice one

(1) (Reply)

FRSC, Revenue Generation And The New Number Plate / Replacing 1999 Toyota Camry AC Unit With 2003/04 Toyota Camry AC Unit / BRT Bus Branding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.