Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,589 members, 7,847,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:47 PM

Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight (991 Views)

Uk House Of Commons Discuss Biafra Today / British House Of Commons Writes Buhari Over Namdi KANU Arrest / 16 Questions Apc Chieftains Couldn't Answer In London(house Of Commons)on Sept 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
The former Governor of Abia State and a 2015 presidential hopeful, Orji Uzor-Kalu, will on Thursday address the British House of Commons, his media officers have said.
Mr. Uzor-Kalu, Coordinator of Njiko Igbo – a group propagating the emergence of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction in 2015 – will address British lawmakers on the plight of Igbos in Nigeria.
The briefing will take place on Thursday at 6 p.m. at the British House of Commons, Westminster, London, United Kingdom. Mr. Uzor-Kalu will speak on “The historical plight and precarious future of Igbo people.”
Mr. Uzor-Kalu, former leader of a weakened People’s Progressive Alliance recently switched to the ruling People’s democratic Party, PDP. Although apparently unwelcome in his new party, Mr. Uzor-Kalu seems determined to stake a claim for Nigeria’s 2015 presidential race.
Mr. Uzor-Kalu also hopes to shore up his aspiration with ethnic support. The Njiko Igbo believes the Igbos, Nigeria’s third most populous ethnic group, should produce the next Nigerian president, in 2015.
His audience on Thursday will include members of the UK parliament, diplomats, and officials and members of Njiko Igbo.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/130072-orji-uzor-kalu-to-brief-british-house-of-commons-on-igbo-plight.html

Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by musiwa23: 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
you most be telling lie i hope in that newspaper.. what do you think goodluck jonathan is. igbo.. have you ever seen jonathan speak ijaw before.. go online.. and look for it.. none.

every nigeria president speak his languages except for Goodluck because he is igbo.. who live in oloribiri. this is what i think.. so the igbos are trying to remain in power again. that is what they are trying to do.. it will lead to civil war..

i have said it over and over.. let us break up nigeria. it will not end well... take my word for it. the army is divided.
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by musiwa23: 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
the issue with igbo people they have a cast system.. some are more igbo than others. unlike the yorubas.. who see everybody as yorubas.. they use to have what they call OUTCAST. Osu.. unlike Yorubas.. even in yorubaland.. if you have a child out of your marriage.. yoruba give the child of that man inheritance to his father will.. unlike the igbos..

In Yoruba culture your mother or even mother in law( that is your own wife mother) encourage to go out and do another woman to increase your family.. which is not the same in igboland.

If you dont have extra wife in yorubaland.. your own mother will marry for you a wife and ship that wife to you in canada .. in yorubaland. which is different for igbos..
In yorubaland if you have a wife and your mother or family marries another woman for you.. making 2 women. that second woman becomes your real second wife.. and you have no choice to accept it. and nigeria law allows it.

there is a different between the cultures.
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
musiwa23: you most be telling lie i hope in that newspaper.. what do you think goodluck jonathan is. igbo.. have you ever seen jonathan speak ijaw before.. go online.. and look for it.. none.

every nigeria president speak his languages except for Goodluck because he is igbo.. who live in oloribiri. this is what i think.. so the igbos are trying to remain in power again. that is what they are trying to do.. it will lead to civil war..

i have said it over and over.. let us break up nigeria. it will not end well... take my word for it. the army is divided.

so GEJ is now an Igbo man? With Orji Kalu going to UK to and fro,I strongly believe that he is a bit clean for him not to be cooling off inside one British jail by now.
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by musiwa23: 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
why do you think his name is ebele and azikiwe.. do you think they are fake names. they are not..
nigeria govt officer everybody na 419.. it s all about making money in nigeria, not about service. people dont want to service the people in nigeria.everybody only want to make money. it is sad.
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by chiomen: 12:13am On Apr 18, 2013
Igbos should not be deceived by leaders who always fight for their own selfish interest. OUK is at it again, which Igbo is he really representing? He's there for his own selfish purposes. We are wiser now
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by Dibiachukwu: 1:15am On Apr 18, 2013
OUK By no means represent ndi-igbo. He is on his own.
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by kettykings: 5:44am On Apr 18, 2013
OUK is doing this since the people you called igbo leaders failed to do it, during the height of Boko Haram terrorism i expected the Leaders of Igbo land MASSOB in particular to have taken their Case to the British Parliament and to the US Senate .This would have heightened the probability of the British and the Americans supporting igbos or remaining neutral in the case of any eventuality . As it is that option is still available , any move by Igbos to re approach their case with the world powers is welcome no matter through whom it comes.

If Amnesty to Boko Haram fails then it is every body to his tent , this is highly welcome even though it came from Orji.

@Musiwa thank you for your observations about discrimination in Igbo land, if Yoruba Culture was very superior and above the Igbo culture we would not be having one Nigeria in existence today
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by Tolexander: 5:56am On Apr 18, 2013
Orji Uzor Kalu going to meet the british house of common?
What for?
To compel nigeria to make an igbo president in 2015?

Instead of him to remain in nigeria and meant with each states house of assembly in nigeria, he went abroad as if the Briton have the right to vote in nigeria.
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by EkoIle1: 6:09am On Apr 18, 2013
Crybabies cry go London? They are now international crybabies...

lmao..
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by drnoel: 6:34am On Apr 18, 2013
Lol,....this is the funniest story of the year so far. What is OUK going to tell the British house of commons? What he knows? But the man knows nothing. He is joke. We all know, how he handled Abia state's finances and almost relegated that state into stone age. Why does Nigerians love celebrating hypocrites. Abeg,....next news jor.
Re: Orji Uzor-kalu To Brief British House Of Commons On Igbo Plight by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 18, 2013
2iic: The former Governor of Abia State and a 2015 presidential hopeful, Orji Uzor-Kalu, will on Thursday address the British House of Commons, his media officers have said.

Lmao

This sounds like a huge joke to me. A story which I very much doubt.

(1) (Reply)

AWOL !!! Where Is Our Governor? / Police Introduced Biometric Vehicle Registration. / Revenue Crises Cripples States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.