Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta (1362 Views)

Asari Dokubo Says Yoruba, Hausa United Against Biafra, Niger Delta / OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Olaedo1: 4:03am On Apr 18, 2013
[size=18pt]Gani Adams cautions MEND on threat to bomb mosques[/size]

Written by Olalekan Olabulo - Lagos

Thursday, 18 April 2013 01:13

THE national coordinator of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), Otunba Gani Adams, has condemned the recent media statement credited to the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to attack mosques, clerics and other Muslims, describing it as a “rude shock.”

The OPC, in a statement made available to the Nigerian Tribune and signed by Adams, also described the threat from MEND as a” call to anarchy” and advised the group to be cautious.

According to the statement: “ The said plan by MEND, coming at a time when our nation is still struggling to put an end to the violence unleashed on some parts of the Northern Nigeria by the Boko Haram sect is a sure call to anarchy.”

Adams, in the statement also claimed that: “This is surely capable of causing a religious and sectarian crisis of a magnitude that could be worse than the three years civil war. While the OPC appreciates MEND’s fundamental right to genuine struggle for self-determination in the Niger Delta,” OPC, however, expressed its reservation with the threat, when it stated in the statement that “ we, however, disagree in totality with its latest threat to attack mosques and Muslims.

“Let me, at this juncture, remind MEND that Yoruba make up about seventy per cent of the Muslims population in the Niger Delta area and we will not tolerate any further killing of Yoruba in any part of the country,” Adams warned.

He further warned that “let us all take some lessons from the experience of the Bosnian war, which left hundreds of thousands of people dead, mostly innocent civilians. Good students of History will know that events which led to that war are very similar to recent developments in Nigeria. A word is enough for the wise.

“We would like to use this opportunity to call on the Federal Government and President Goodluck Jonathan in particular, to as a matter of urgency, put machineries in place, to put a stop to this very dangerous trend,” the statement read.

The OPC also advised that: “The president should use his good office to make MEND and other similar groups across the country to see the need for peace and stop this unnecessary bloodshed, while Nigerians continue to look for solution to end the Boko Haram crisis.

“I wish to call on the leadership of MEND to reconsider its threat and join hands with other well meaning Nigerians in this our long search for a solution to the country’s security crisis,” Adams advised.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/9815-gani-adams-cautions-mend-on-threat-to-bomb-mosques
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 18, 2013
Meself de threaten person for here lipsrsealed
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Burger01(m): 5:43am On Apr 18, 2013
This Gani Adams self! Wetin concern him? Empty headed big mouthed clown. Mtcheew.

Abeg, speak for yourself.... You hear?

sad
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by seunfly: 6:21am On Apr 18, 2013
Fasheun(OPC factional leader) has been given 2.4 billion Naira per month,
Gani Adams(another OPC factional leader) want to collect his own so he needs to show Oga fisherman that he too is in existence.
Do i blame him? No not @all that is what u get when a leader chose to reward thugry, violent peaple and illitrate when we have graduate roaming the street of Nigeria.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by gbadexy(m): 6:28am On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by gbadexy(m): 6:28am On Apr 18, 2013
@ burger, I think you are the loud mouthed clown.
The man spoke well! Would you rather have him encourage mend to destabilize the country rather than work together for peace? Or isn't he right to seek protection for his kinsmen?
With the comments one reads here, you can only wonder at the intelligence of some people in reality!

4 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by seunfly: 6:37am On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by gbadexy(m): 6:38am On Apr 18, 2013
seunfly: Fasheun(OPC factional leader) has been given 2.4 billion Naira per month,
Gani Adams(another OPC factional leader) want to collect his own so he needs to show Oga fisherman that he too is in existence.
Do i blame him? No not @all that is what u get when a leader chose to reward thugry, violent peaple and illitrate when we have graduate roaming the street of Nigeria.
But I watched the interview that fredrick fasheun said he applied for the contract to protect pipeline in southwest in 2010 and was invited for an interview after which NNPC said they aren't registered and he wasn't called again.
Do you know what I don't know? If you have the proof bring it out and let's learn!
I believe one has some level of intellect to use public forum, it wouldn't do good for us to be spreading unfounded allegations like market women.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by tjfulloption(m): 6:51am On Apr 18, 2013
Burger01: This Gani Adams self! Wetin concern him? Empty headed big mouthed clown. Mtcheew.

sad

i dey pity you, what a child cannot see from a distance even if he climbs on an iroko tree an elderly will see even if he sits on a mat. gani adams knows what the consiquencies of what that threat means. let not pray for war in this country it will be a huge set back for us as a nation. what is even wrong with all these all these groups? cant they let peace reign in nigeria? the mend+boko haram insurgency+opc+kidnappers from the east, is it because of oyel money or the creed for for you to be in political power or what. we are one nigeria and let not any group threatn our unity.

now back to you @burger, if an elder is talking learn to listen attentivly so you can gain sometin meaningful. i believe you were not even born during the biafra war, it was a bitter experience, though am not an igbo boy, but we do not pray for such in nigeria again.

nigeria will forever remain ONE in peace, harmony and unity.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Tolexander: 6:55am On Apr 18, 2013
Is there any threat in Gani Adam's statement at all? Cos i went through and saw none!
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by VirginFinder: 7:38am On Apr 18, 2013
Nigeria can't survive a religious crisis!
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Bontee: 8:17am On Apr 18, 2013
The best way to solve the boko haram crisis is for mosque to be bombed and Moslems to be killed across the country, it is the sad truth and we should not be deceiving ourselves.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by AustineE1: 8:34am On Apr 18, 2013
...though as christians we do nt subscribe to shedding of innocent blood and violence in its totality!we also dont fight for our God unlike they muslims claim to do,but what i dont understand is the level of pretence and cowardise in this country,when Boko Haram threatened they christian assembly and went ahead in bombing churches and maiming christians,nt much was heard from these 'latter day saints',like Gani Adams,MURIC,JNI and co.please Nigerians shld learn to defend the truth at all times,nt just when you feel affected!or else we may just be postponing the evil day.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Temismith(f): 8:48am On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Bontee: 8:54am On Apr 18, 2013
Muslims have come out to say that boko haram are not representing islam so i believe they should be free to do whatever they want to do. MEND is not an affiliation of CAN or Christians and they should be free to do whatever they want to do as well.

So it is when mend decides to bomb mosques that people could find their voice and start shouting about religious crisis. I wonder what people will say if their loved ones have been a victim of all these boko haram crisis. There is no justification for what boko haram is doing, since they think they are mad so let the madness spread round the country then. OPC and Massob can as well join in the madness and if it will even lead to tribal and ethnic killing or even civil war then let it be so.

Enough of the one sided killings. angry
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by ochukoccna: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2013
gbadexy: @ burger, I think you are the loud mouthed clown.
The man spoke well! Would you rather have him encourage mend to destabilize the country rather than work together for peace? Or isn't he right to seek protection for his kinsmen?
With the comments one reads here, you can only wonder at the intelligence of some people in reality!
Thank you gbadexy
Clowns like him are probably of SS (read as Ijo heritage) who think militancy is war
Religious insurgeny has a life if its own talk less of starting a religious war
There are a few things many people donk joke with
And chief amongst them is their faith or religion
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by ochukoccna: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2013
Bontee: Muslims have come out to say that boko haram are not representing islam so i believe they should be free to do whatever they want to do. MEND is not an affiliation of CAN or Christians and they should be free to do whatever they want to do as well.

So it is when mend decides to bomb mosques that people could find their voice and start shouting about religious crisis. I wonder what people will say if their loved ones have been a victim of all these boko haram crisis. There is no justification for what boko haram is doing, since they think they are mad so let the madness spread round the country then. OPC and Massob can as well join in the madness and if it will even lead to tribal and ethnic killing or even civil war then let it be so.

Enough of the one sided killings. angry
@ bonatee,do you think war is all about sitting behind a keyboard or watching action movies
Talk less a religious one?
Think well and let your intelligence shine through your thoughts
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Noiseless2: 9:27am On Apr 18, 2013
Another one of them, hypocrites and devilish men and women of darkness.

Continue shouting bosnia while dodging the bullets and bombs already aiming at you in your country by boko haramers, oh i forgot the islamic teerorists are friendly with Yoruba, perhaps there could be some understandings between the islamic murderers and Yorubas.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Akanbiedu(m): 9:31am On Apr 18, 2013
He he.

Complicated.

Isu a ta yan yan.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Bontee: 9:52am On Apr 18, 2013
ochukoccna:
@ bonatee,do you think war is all about sitting behind a keyboard or watching action movies
Talk less a religious one?
Think well and let your intelligence shine through your thoughts

So what boko haram is doing is not enough to start religious war?, it is when mend decide to react that it should now be termed acts leading to a war.

It is inevitable that we talk behind our computers, newspapers and whatever medium of communication before going to war. When we get to the war part, we are going to cross it but for now we are talking about tit for tat strategy. It is one of the expedient strategies needed to sort the boko haram crisis since no one has a monopoly to violence.

Can you tell me anywhere in the world where they bomb churches and kill Christians like in northern Nigeria?.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by baynix(m): 10:25am On Apr 18, 2013
Make Gani Go Siddon Jare!!

I No Knw When He Start To Dey Rep Ma Family House!!
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by byteem: 11:20am On Apr 18, 2013
to be fair to the chief tout...he has a point .. a significant number of Muslims in the nigerdelta are are Yoruba or even nigerdeltans themselves .. i know one stunch Muslim who is an edo man infact we nicknamed him "Boko" cos he has that black scar on his head that comes from constantly bowing to the ground1.. so it wont be fair to say that MEND shud kill Muslims and Muslim clerics ..if they want to go after northerners , i recommend they go bomb those their truck parks and settlements ..like that one around Benin bypass .. those boko truck guys make it hard to cross that route once it gets dark with their incessant robbery attacks ... am sure if a bomb goes off dere now .. commuters would be relieved ..morover if bokoharam was to find its way to the south they would probably come tru those trucks and their park settlements .. even if a ball of onions becomes N200.. then so be it at least that would encourage everyone else to go farming ...morover MEND can always seek amnesty afterwards.. it has to get really bad before it can get better ..there is no way out of this ..its only a matter of time
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by seunfly: 11:56am On Apr 18, 2013
gbadexy:
But I watched the interview that fredrick fasheun said he applied for the contract to protect pipeline in southwest in 2010 and was invited for an interview after which NNPC said they aren't registered and he wasn't called again.
Do you know what I don't know? If you have the proof bring it out and let's learn!
I believe one has some level of intellect to use public forum, it wouldn't do good for us to be spreading unfounded allegations like market women.
my friend, i am not here for political propagander neither am i in support/against anybody, We just have to say the truth irrespective of the report u may have.
Off all private security firms we have in Nigeria that may have(not) applied 4 such thing why is it given to a millitant that is suppose to be cooling in an unmentionable place by now due to the attrocities they ve commited in the past.
Do u think NSCDC can not do that work? If yes, why can't they do it (low budget, lack of staffs, ill equiped etc) then why can't we use that money to empower them?
If we must contract it out, why can't we use a reputable security firm own by reputable peaple eg Zenith guard, Royal guards etc.
If a university vice chancelor wake up today to recognise one secret cult faction what will stop others 4rm fighting to gain recognition.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by ijawcitizen(m): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
What has Gani Adams and OPC done about the few yorubas killed by boko haram bombs in the north? Why have they not issued a threat to boko haram concerning the death of yorubas in the north?
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by demmie1: 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
Burger01: This Gani Adams self! Wetin concern him? Empty headed big mouthed clown. Mtcheew.

sad

Who in seven hells is this eediot? GA made a call for mend not to attack his people you dey ask wetin concern him. go and check your head in yaba, you hear?
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2013

sad
silly you ,the man said the truth to the best of his understanding. do you think war is a friend of anyone? may be you are a kid or teenager that never witnessed biafran war. you think you or all your family will be spared if war breaks? you don't know anything.
besides,the way journalist paint and manipulate reports is very alarming. the man was Just advising and appealing, but Just look at the caption, Just to make sales?and silly nls are throwing trash,am sure many didn't read the article at all..mtchewwww
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by sasview: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2013

sad
Wetin concern you too for the matter.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by sweetgala(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
Bontee: The best way to solve the boko haram crisis is for mosque to be bombed and Moslems to be killed across the country, it is the sad truth and we should not be deceiving ourselves.

What a foolish soul you are. So Muslim=boko Haram.
Do you know how many mosques BH have bombed or many muslims have been killed by them.

See this mend shouting isn't one of the Niger Delta militant boss an Alhaji ! What of the several igbo, Yoruba, ND, etc tribes that are muslim but not northerners.
Re: Gani Adams Threatens MEND, Says Yoruba 70% Of The Muslims In Niger Delta by sweetgala(m): 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
Bontee:

So what boko haram is doing is not enough to start religious war?, it is when mend decide to react that it should now be termed acts leading to a war.

It is inevitable that we talk behind our computers, newspapers and whatever medium of communication before going to war. When we get to the war part, we are going to cross it but for now we are talking about tit for tat strategy. It is one of the expedient strategies needed to sort the boko haram crisis since no one has a monopoly to violence.

Can you tell me anywhere in the world where they bomb churches and kill Christians like in northern Nigeria?.

Only a fool describes war as a bridge to be crossed. We are not in the middle ages of war on emotional grounds.

(1) (Reply)

WesternNiger.com:Western NigeriaEmbassy,UK, Why Secession Allowed By Engr Musiwa / Leveraging Akanu Ibiam International Airport (AIIA) And Ibaka Deep Seaport / An Old Picture Of Ibb And Vatsa In The 70s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.