Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,972 members, 7,821,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Saggy Pants In Louisiana? That'll Be 50 Bucks, Sir! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Saggy Pants In Louisiana? That'll Be 50 Bucks, Sir! (818 Views)

Saggy Breasts? Get In Here! / What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants? / Why Do Nigerian Girls Wear Jeans Without Pants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saggy Pants In Louisiana? That'll Be 50 Bucks, Sir! by infonubia(m): 4:19am On Apr 18, 2013
What better way to begin this interesting discussion than to remind readers of the famous pants on the ground video. On Wednesday April 10th, Louisiana's Terrebonne Parish approved a ban on saggy pants and skirts that "expose the skin or undergarments."

According to the new law, first time offenders pay $50 fine, $100 for the second, and $100 plus 16 hours of public service for each subsequent offense.

There are several arguments about the origin of sagging but the general consensus is that it started in prison. "The problem is our young men are emulating prisoners. It sends a sign that you're available for sex. It's a bad example to set," said council member Russell Hornsby.

While I'm not a fan of sagging, I'm not sure if this issue warrants another legislation. I think there are lots of pressing issues that need attention than saggy pants. I must also add that I don't live in Terrebonne Parish so I don't know how "bad" the issue is. However, I do know that the society frowns upon sagging but not to the point of banning it.

What do you think? Do you feel uncomfortable around someone who sags? Share your thoughts.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/04/saggy-pants-in-louisiana-thatll-be-50.html
Re: Saggy Pants In Louisiana? That'll Be 50 Bucks, Sir! by tinuolababy(f): 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
cheesy cheesy. i don't like the idea as well but i think it doesn't warrant any fine.
Re: Saggy Pants In Louisiana? That'll Be 50 Bucks, Sir! by infonubia(m): 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
tinuolababy: cheesy cheesy. i don't like the idea as well but i think it doesn't warrant any fine.

I feel the same way too. Although, I must agree that sometimes it's just way out of line
Re: Saggy Pants In Louisiana? That'll Be 50 Bucks, Sir! by TableLeg(m): 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
Brilliant ... saggy pants are not COOL at all!

(1) (Reply)

BestToner For Glowing Skin / Okrika Clothes Versus New Clothes / Dencia’s Flunt In New Outfit To Keyshia Cole’s Album Listening Party With Loubou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.